OTD SoRaWeRe Keycaps

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Apr 2011, 20:59

Got these today, its the set that everyone loves and that is being shamelessly copied over at geekhack again. I'll post some pics on keyboards later. I received the full set including all extras (1800 shift, winkeys, center stem caps, stepped caps, 1.5 sized control/alt/shift rgbs, etc....)

Edit: My explanation of the name is actually wrong and I will be fixing it later, Cal was right after all :mrgreen:

Some impressions from unboxingbagging.

wanabe

29 Apr 2011, 21:58

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ?

wyse --> otd --> gh =)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Apr 2011, 23:08

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Apr 2011, 23:15

It's webwit blue (the house style color of my business). Looks great on white. I think they decided well to not return them, but now they should get new Alts to match the light blue.

wanabe

29 Apr 2011, 23:49

these are surprising good looking. i would have never thought

calavera

30 Apr 2011, 01:33

Hmm you sure about the name's origin? I've heard differently...but not important. :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Apr 2011, 01:47

calavera wrote:Hmm you sure about the name's origin? I've heard differently...but not important. :D
Yeah, this is the one I have been told. What did you hear?

Curetia

30 Apr 2011, 01:54

Is it possible to get a german layout keyset of this?

calavera

30 Apr 2011, 04:10

sixty wrote:
calavera wrote:Hmm you sure about the name's origin? I've heard differently...but not important. :D
Yeah, this is the one I have been told. What did you hear?
Well if you've been told that way, I believe that's the "official" term they're going with apparently. So be it. Not my place to go against it. :mrgreen:

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Apr 2011, 04:14

Now it's gnawning at me and I will have to stay up without sleep all night, pondering what it might be. I demand to know it! :shock:

guilleguillaume

30 Apr 2011, 04:46

Those Keycaps look very nice Sixty!

Didn't know there was a MO from the guys on OTD and that you were in. You always end up having the most beautiful keycaps :mrgreen:

BTW nice addon the Pictures near the Main forum ;D

zaerst

30 Apr 2011, 07:00

They're awesome keys... Thats why I organized the group buy for them. Sadly we all can't easily access/read OTD, so this is our only option... Shamelessly copying the keys as you say...

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Apr 2011, 07:35

I know. I was just teasing anyway :D

zaerst

30 Apr 2011, 08:16

Ok. 8-)

CephalicCarnage

30 Apr 2011, 08:44

Man those keys look so nice. Thanks for the pics!

Gilgam

30 Apr 2011, 11:04

nice indeed

I wonder why you don't share such mass order, Will it be too much complicated ?

JBert

30 Apr 2011, 16:59

sixty wrote:Got these today, its the set that everyone loves and that is being shamelessly copied over at geekhack again.
No, no, GH doesn't copy, it just does it bigger.

If 7bit runs his scripts, there'll be spinoffs in a bunch of languages nobody would think about making on any other forum.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Apr 2011, 17:46

The world is changing. The USA, where they copy things from Asia, because they have no ideas of their own. Or was it because too many people had too many ideas?

webwit
Wild Duck

01 May 2011, 04:23

sixty wrote:Image
I'd like a version with all keys in white (or is it gray?) and light blue even more. Less is more, etc.

Taeyoung

01 May 2011, 09:08

This is called SOWARE on OTD.
Here is my FC200R Tenkeyless of Leopold with SOWARA. :D

Curetia

01 May 2011, 14:03

Sorry no language options...
zaerst posted on geekhack :(
i hate this :( i never get these nice keycaps for my filco majestouch 2 german layout *cry*

webwit
Wild Duck

01 May 2011, 14:11

Start a German group buy!

Curetia

01 May 2011, 15:26

i dont know anything about group buys and i cant read these asian pages :(

webwit
Wild Duck

01 May 2011, 15:50

You don't have to, they buy from here:
http://www.keycapsdirect.com/
Mail them for a quote of that set in German layout for different quantities.
Then use the German subforum here to check interest and find buyers and point to it on hardware/keyboard forums elsewhere where you think there's interest, and voila, you've got yourself a groupbuy.
So it depends how much effort you want to put in it and if you want to make it happen and distribute, or wait for someone else who might never come.

Ascaii
The Beard

01 May 2011, 16:35

good chance id be in for a german group buy.

Peter

01 May 2011, 17:22

I think the best would be to make a English (UK ?) ISO base-set and then a 'language-pack',
like the 'Nordic-kit' at *that other site* ..

zaerst

01 May 2011, 20:15

Looks like we do have a few germans interested, I will inquire about a german set.

Curetia

01 May 2011, 20:30

oh thats very nice to hear zaerst :)

xbb

01 May 2011, 20:39

what about italian :D

Curetia

02 May 2011, 23:28

The group buy on geekhack starts:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?1759 ... -Dark-Gray (i hope the link is allowed)
I hope the german price will not be to expansive :)

Return to “Gallery”