Post your keyboard/keycaps!

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

15 Jan 2017, 18:37

@Nuum: Nice board ! I will get soon a WoB Icon mods set, it's somewhere on the way, when I get it you can have the ISO Enter if you want it

Menuhin

15 Jan 2017, 18:43

For me, I tried a couple of them on my Tipro, and the Tipro will 'scream' like a siren and won't work when they are installed. I'm still trying to find a way to disable them in Tipro's program because obviously just blank-out them (i.e. assigning nothing to these keys that I will put blockers on) does not work on a Tipro.

I don't have a lot of these SP black colored blockers (I ordered them from SP, not getting them from a used Tipro), but you can PM me your mail address just in case, I can definitely still help to make your Phantom look more complete and handsome (if these blockers really can).

Nuum

15 Jan 2017, 19:16

@DanielT, @Menuhin: That would be awesome, from both of you!

ba7777
飞不动的加林查

15 Jan 2017, 23:56

@nuum so you are the one who split the board. Congratulations, the caps go well with the Phantom.
@scottc Thanks again. :-D
@ettasian the parcel is on the way from Beijing to me. Will pm you once I get it.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

16 Jan 2017, 03:19

This was an old ragged SSK I had revitalized into something worth using for my MF SSK guts.

emdude
Model M Apologist

16 Jan 2017, 04:12

livingspeedbump wrote: This was an old ragged SSK I had revitalized into something worth using for my MF SSK guts.

[...]
Shame Unicomp doesn't offer a key cap color closer to the original Mopar blue.

Do you happen to have some photos of the SSK before the hydrodip? Would love to see some before pics!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

16 Jan 2017, 10:55

I wouldn't have expected a hydrodipped SSK to look that good, gratz!

Khers

16 Jan 2017, 14:26

Finally soldered a cable to my Leeku 1800:
Last edited by Khers on 16 Jan 2017, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jan 2017, 14:33

What a beauty Khers ... you savage ANSI surrender monkey!

Khers

16 Jan 2017, 14:35

Thanks! Give in to what you cannot fight, ANSI is oh so nice ;)

DanielT

16 Jan 2017, 18:41

It's a beauty !!!! ANSI is so good, with US International you can write almost anything (except for Romanian characters :( )

zslane

16 Jan 2017, 18:49

What is "US International"? That sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Matt_

16 Jan 2017, 18:50

A variant of the american qwerty layout that allows you to use accents and other diacritics for other languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#US-International

zslane

16 Jan 2017, 19:13

Fascinating.

I like the idea of using ALT GR to activate diacritics. Very handy!

Laser
emacs -nw

16 Jan 2017, 19:27

Why, ANSI is great for Romanian too :) The 'programmer's' Romanian (sub?)layout is entirely US-compatible, *and* AltGr + a/i/s/t/q gives us ăîșțâ as needed.

stuplarosa
AltGr

16 Jan 2017, 19:28

Did someone say US International?
usint.jpg
usint.jpg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 6545 times

Matt_

16 Jan 2017, 19:31

Great mix of keycaps!

The irony is that the US-Int layout is better suited for some language than dedicated national variants (for instance it's easier to type proper french with US-Int than with ISO-FR).

stuplarosa
AltGr

16 Jan 2017, 19:33

Matt_ wrote: Great mix of keycaps!

The irony is that the US-Int layout is better suited for some language than dedicated national variants (for instance it's easier to type proper french with US-Int than with ISO-FR).

Currently living in Spain, and US International has been perfect for Spanish.

DanielT

16 Jan 2017, 20:15

Laser wrote: Why, ANSI is great for Romanian too :) The 'programmer's' Romanian (sub?)layout is entirely US-compatible, *and* AltGr + a/i/s/t/q gives us ăîșțâ as needed.
I know, I use the same ;)
I meant that it would have been cool to have support also in US-International :lol:

Laser
emacs -nw

16 Jan 2017, 21:01

Let's push for it :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jan 2017, 08:41

Okay I rubbed this into everyones face, this should also be on DT since it represents:

For those interested, here's the full build log with some comments:
http://imgur.com/gallery/pFXLv

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Jan 2017, 11:10

Impressive, that's the ultra high-end Cherry num pad. You're missing a Clack on there... :evilgeek:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jan 2017, 11:26

seebart wrote: Impressive, that's the ultra high-end Cherry num pad. You're missing a Clack on there... :evilgeek:
DT keycaps are my clacks ;)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Jan 2017, 11:32

Wodan wrote:
seebart wrote: Impressive, that's the ultra high-end Cherry num pad. You're missing a Clack on there... :evilgeek:
DT keycaps are my clacks ;)
I can't argue with that. ;) I've been meaning to get a DT cap for well over two years now... :roll:

Menuhin

17 Jan 2017, 13:17

Wodan wrote: ...
For those interested, here's the full build log with some comments:
http://imgur.com/gallery/pFXLv
Extravagantly mega luxurious Numpad...
Only possible to have the taste and the resources for those who've been around for a while. :ugeek:

Why did you say 'PCB mount switches' in "... Make sure you push the PCB mount switches firmly and individually into the PCB..."? Aren't those switches mounted to the plate?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jan 2017, 13:28

Menuhin wrote: Why did you say 'PCB mount switches' in "... Make sure you push the PCB mount switches firmly and individually into the PCB..."? Aren't those switches mounted to the plate?
While the switches are indeed plate mounted, the variant of switch is called a PCB mount switch because it has those "legs" on the bottom case. These switches were designed to be used without a plate. When using them with a plate you better have a perfectly cut plate ... even then you have make sure they sit really neat before finalizing.

This will give you the most solid/rigid construction possible.

Menuhin

17 Jan 2017, 13:48

Wodan wrote:
Menuhin wrote: Why did you say 'PCB mount switches' in "... Make sure you push the PCB mount switches firmly and individually into the PCB..."? Aren't those switches mounted to the plate?
While the switches are indeed plate mounted, the variant of switch is called a PCB mount switch because it has those "legs" on the bottom case. These switches were designed to be used without a plate. When using them with a plate you better have a perfectly cut plate ... even then you have make sure they sit really neat before finalizing.

This will give you the most solid/rigid construction possible.
Ach so...
These Nixies are those '5-legged' (including the 2 pins) MX switches.

Oh, that means some Nixies boards are switch-PCB mounted..!
Thought older boards are mostly switch-plate mounted.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jan 2017, 13:58

Menuhin wrote: Ach so...
These Nixies are those '5-legged' (including the 2 pins) MX switches.

Oh, that means some Nixies boards are switch-PCB mounted..!
Thought older boards are mostly switch-plate mounted.
Exactly. But _ALMOST_ all Cherry made boards are PCB mounted. GMK ist still making PCB mounted boards today. Some vendor made plate mounted Cherry keyboards (Wyse!) and all Alps boards are plate mounted because there is no PCB mount option for Alps.

There's only one known variant of plate mounted Nixdort switches, seebarts CT11

Edit: but even the CT11 uses PCB mounted switches in a plate mount configuration ;)

Menuhin

17 Jan 2017, 15:15

seebarts CT11 - sounds like some kind of sturdy battleship. :geek:

photekq
Cherry Picker

17 Jan 2017, 15:34

The Nixdorfs are 7 legged. They have diodes in there two :lol: They're a huge pain to desolder.

Return to “Gallery”