Post your keyboard/keycaps!

Stabilized

20 Oct 2015, 15:09

seebart wrote: That's the best looking 60% I've seen in a while. Awesome colors.
Thanks a lot for the complement :)
I spec'd the BBB case to match my keycaps, it's not 100% but close enough. I am waiting on a set of Bluegaloo mods, hopefully they will suit the board too.

Prelim

20 Oct 2015, 15:20

Stabilized wrote:
Spoiler:
Apologies for the depth of field on that last one, might a bit over the top!
that looks gorgeous! perfect 60% :shock: :shock:

andrewjoy

20 Oct 2015, 15:28

HzFaq wrote: Welp, here it is; PT ISO, big ass enter, orange alps :D.

A custom with a big ass enter , thats something you don't see every day. Very cool however.
ramnes wrote: Image

Hammer case (with some wool felt inside), FaceU PCB, lubed Cherry MX black with 62g springs, dye-sublimated OG Cherry caps, SIP sockets, alu plate, Pexon cable (double sleeving).
/quote]

That looks and sounds amazing. Makes me want to try lubbed clears again, its your last chance for your tactiles though cherry, your last chance to impress me ( ML excluded because ML are awesome).

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

20 Oct 2015, 15:48

Stabilized wrote: Had some nice weather today in Aberdeen and instead of going outside you inspired me to stay in and try and get some pics of my keyboard.
Not sure if they are quite on the same level in terms of quality though :lol:

b.Thumb (v. 1.0), BBB acrylic case, 55g lubed Gateron clears, Hammer Olivetti caps:
Spoiler:
More pics:
Spoiler:
Apologies for the depth of field on that last one, might a bit over the top!
Wow, the board is a looker :shock: Nice 60% makes me want one really bad :roll:

Topre Enthusiast

21 Oct 2015, 06:35

Here's my most recent get :)
I have been trying to get my hands on one for a while but the only ones that seem to pop up on Yahoo Auctions are either badly yellowed or in otherwise shoddy condition.

Boring history lesson inside:
Spoiler:
Small legends, tacky blue logo and yellow-green LEDs. The ML0100 was Topre's first US ANSI layout Realforce, and aside from some localised Korean versions of the same board (ML01K0 and ML11K0), it's the only US layout model that is native PS/2. Strangely enough, Topre had the legends a little more accurate on this old beast compared to their modern Realforce line -- have a look at the 'Enter' and 'Back Space' keys. Granted, 'Back Space' is still not quite right, but it's better than having 'Back' and 'Space' on separate lines!
In August 2012, after nearly 10 years in production, Topre finally announced that they would discontinue the ML0100 (and a few other full-size Realforce models).

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

21 Oct 2015, 07:19

beauty! i love those 101s.

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Oct 2015, 09:22

The Realforce 101 is really great, and the first picture shows it perfectly!

andrewjoy

21 Oct 2015, 10:46

That is nice. Since when did they do a 101 ?

Topre Enthusiast

21 Oct 2015, 12:15

The 101 was the 4th Realforce model and it was originally introduced in 2003; 2 years after the very first Realforce, the LA0100 :)

andrewjoy

21 Oct 2015, 12:20

They still make it ?

Topre Enthusiast

21 Oct 2015, 12:29

No, it was discontinued in 2012, along with the 106, 103U and 103UB.
Mine was made in 2010 and is the second revision, which I am guessing *might* mean that the variable weighting is the same as the modern variable Realforce keybaords which is 35g, 40g, 45g as opposed to the early models which were quoted as 30g, 45g.

t8c

21 Oct 2015, 13:13

ramnes wrote: Thanks Prelim, scottc, HzFaq, photekq!

And µ/photekq, I just can't go back to a normal spacebar, I've been contaminated... :(
What kind of keys are those. So delicious!

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2015, 13:17

@002: Quite elegant, in its way. I'm on board with the better way they used to handle the mod legends. And I actually quite like that old Realforce badge!

Your next assignment: a review and lots of pics!

HzFaq

30 Oct 2015, 22:15

Finally finished the re-fit on the old Alps64 so now I can actually attach it to its case! Hooray! Lubed the stabs this time around as well, although I'm pretty sure most of that must have come off with all the fucking fiddling around that I had to do to get them in place. Seriously, fucking fuck big ass enters. The spacebar was surprisingly tricky in the stock Poker case as well...Still, hopefully will never ever have to do it again!

Still, shit looks and feels amazing now, super duper happy with this board :D. It looks much the same as before, but here is a WIP shot of the super sexy white plate.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

02 Nov 2015, 10:51

i love your big ass, hzfaq :maverick:

scottc

02 Nov 2015, 11:00

Nice one, Hz! Looks amazing. I really can't wait until I get my plate now.

gmjhowe

05 Nov 2015, 10:51

So after being happy with my AEKii http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/apple ... t5297.html for a few years, I wanted to make a little more room for my Wacom on my desk. So I went back to my Apple Wireless Keyboard for a short while. Then I saved up and bought myself a nice 60% board.

Back before I got my AEKii, when DSA keys were all the rage I found a Delvin board for £5, I bought some matching DSA keys from Signature Plastics for the modifiers. I wanted Hot Pink, but this is close enough. (plus I had a nice hotter pink backspace sized key off the Delvin too)

I plan to laser etch the sides of some of the key caps, the numbers with symbols, the missing keys and maybe the modifiers.
_MG_4759.jpg
_MG_4759.jpg (199.15 KiB) Viewed 6942 times
_MG_4758.jpg
_MG_4758.jpg (461.61 KiB) Viewed 6942 times
_MG_4761.jpg
_MG_4761.jpg (289.57 KiB) Viewed 6942 times
_MG_4760.jpg
_MG_4760.jpg (217.52 KiB) Viewed 6942 times

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Nov 2015, 12:49

Looks great! But be careful laser etching ABS plastics. My local laser cutting facility won't let me do it since ABS releases hydrogen cyanide gas when lasered, so they say. I haven't looked into PBT yet.

andrewjoy

05 Nov 2015, 13:33

Whats wrong with Hydrogen Cyanide. Its perfectly safe as long as you don' t inhale. Just press go on the lazer cutter and run and your set.

Heath and safety said i should not climb up a ladder onto a weak plywood structure with a drill in one hand and a laptop in the other but i still do it :)

gmjhowe

05 Nov 2015, 14:53

XMIT wrote: Looks great! But be careful laser etching ABS plastics. My local laser cutting facility won't let me do it since ABS releases hydrogen cyanide gas when lasered, so they say. I haven't looked into PBT yet.
Yes, I haven't researched it yet. Some gasses will damage the laser cutter themselves too. Quite viciously as well, like rust on steroids.

DanielT

05 Nov 2015, 14:58

andrewjoy wrote: Heath and safety said i should not climb up a ladder onto a weak plywood structure with a drill in one hand and a laptop in the other but i still do it :)
Are you Romanian ? :lol: You should have seen my "extended" ladder, actually 2 ladders tied together with some strong and solid wire. Used that rig almost 12 years with no incidents, had to buy a decent one when one of the ladders rotted beyond repair :evil:

Crossfire

17 Nov 2015, 13:53

My restored 1390120 with rgb mods and with the pink little fella named "crapson" at work :D
krepson model m.jpg
krepson model m.jpg (931.08 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
Last edited by Crossfire on 17 Nov 2015, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

17 Nov 2015, 13:58

Love the lighting. If he were brown, I'd read the pink fella as an angry Wookie. Although I admit I like his name!

Crossfire

17 Nov 2015, 14:03

If you would see him in person, the first thing on your mind would be "...crap" :)
But I guess that makes him special...now, I can try and make one in brown...just for the sake of it!

Now, imagine the brown one at night...creepy crap :)
Attachments
IMAG0039_1.jpg
IMAG0039_1.jpg (180.49 KiB) Viewed 6782 times

DanielT

20 Nov 2015, 15:40

My new winkeyless.kr 60% with purple alu plate, MX Black some really nice ones with 60g springs (on the spacebar I have 68g spring) and GMK HyperFuse caps. I still have to solder the resistors for the LED's and should get a nicer case and not the cheap Aliexpress one. A very nice touch for wikeyless.kr boards they have now a tool for programming the board also on OSX :) Not that I'm a huge fan of OSX but I have one at work and it came in handy.

P.S: MX Black feel so good, love them with lighter springs and the ones that I have used on this board are a quite rare version from 1998-1999, these are slightly different from all the other MX Blacks I have ever seen, even the springs are a very interesting dark copper colour.
Last edited by DanielT on 20 Nov 2015, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

20 Nov 2015, 15:44

That split Shift. That unspilit Backspace! Oh my\\

scottc

20 Nov 2015, 16:01

Hey Daniel, where's this OSX winkeyless flasher you mention? I'm no good at Korean!

HzFaq

20 Nov 2015, 16:03

Super nice board there dude, your /| key is the wrong colour though ;).

The extra key you get splitting a backspace is super handy I have to admit, I really miss it on my Alps64.

DanielT

20 Nov 2015, 16:11

@Muirium: Well that has a simple explanation, I love Cherry/GMK caps, but you don't find the caps with the correct legends in order to have the split backspace and I hate to put just any cap only for a true HHKB layout. Also o be honest I like |\ right where it is, as a UNIX/Linux admin I use that so often that I find it very nice to have it right where it is.
All my MX 60% are built like that only the bottom row differs, on some I have 1.5-1-1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5 on other boards I have 1.25-1.25-1.25-6.25-1.25-1.25-1.25-1.25 just because for some keysets it looks better a way or the other.

@HzFaq: I like my |\ in the same colour as the mods with GMK HyperFuse, otherwise it's too much white :lol: I know an extra key is nice for the other thing I use a lot as a Linux/UNIX and that's `~ but I have it mapped on Tab /Fn layer. I have the same layout on my boards so I've got used to it.

@scottc : here you have it http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183 but I don't know if it works also with faceW, the faceB PCB I have has a newer version of the firmware and I don't know if it's compatible but you can give it a try. It's very good.

Compgeke

21 Nov 2015, 04:12

Finally picked up an M0110A for my Mac Plus, paid a bit less than $20 shipped. Been meaning to get one since 2009 or so.

Return to “Gallery”