Post your keyboard/keycaps!

User avatar
Tias

03 Apr 2019, 17:30

Myoth wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 15:25
Simple, elegant, my MX endgame. I love it.
Simply beautiful :)
As an customs uninitiated may I ask what board this is? KMAC?
Also, are the keycaps Ansi dyesubs?

Does vintage clears have any other significant difference to modern clears, except of being a lot smoother? How is the tactility, is it about the same?

User avatar
Myoth

03 Apr 2019, 20:05

Tias wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 17:30
Myoth wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 15:25
Simple, elegant, my MX endgame. I love it.
Simply beautiful :)
As an customs uninitiated may I ask what board this is? KMAC?
Also, are the keycaps Ansi dyesubs?

Does vintage clears have any other significant difference to modern clears, except of being a lot smoother? How is the tactility, is it about the same?
Yup and yup !

KMAC2 with G81-3000SAU keycaps


It's about the same, but they feel slightly smoother. I didn't build it myself so I was somewhat force onto them, but I really like them.

davkol

13 Apr 2019, 21:20

Image

kevinhou

16 Apr 2019, 20:35

Hammer 60% w/SKCM Browns, IBM 5140 keycaps
Hammer 60%.jpg
Hammer 60%.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 2286 times
Hammer 60%_back.jpg
Hammer 60%_back.jpg (4.6 MiB) Viewed 2286 times

Menuhin

16 Apr 2019, 20:47

I still fancy an OG Hammer 60% - looking great!

User avatar
abrahamstechnology

24 Apr 2019, 04:21

New board build in progress, plus some random color Alps keycaps!
Image

User avatar
depletedvespene

27 Apr 2019, 23:41

A little act of self-indulgence, I'll freely admit.


20190426_170039_th.jpg
Dye-subbed Model F/M keycaps with the ATARI symbol.
20190426_170039_th.jpg (275.97 KiB) Viewed 2047 times

20190427_172021_th.jpg
There is no Escape from ATARI. Or something like that.
20190427_172021_th.jpg (153.09 KiB) Viewed 2047 times


This does bring a smile to my teeny-tiny heart. :D

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

28 Apr 2019, 00:36

depletedvespene wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 23:41
A little act of self-indulgence, I'll freely admit.



20190426_170039_th.jpg



20190427_172021_th.jpg



This does bring a smile to my teeny-tiny heart. :D
Did you got them from Unicomp or what? They are beautiful

User avatar
depletedvespene

28 Apr 2019, 00:39

PlacaFromHell wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 00:36
Did you got them from Unicomp or what? They are beautiful
Custom dye-job (on, indeed, Unicomp blanks) from the same guy on etsy who did the Iberoamerican layout keycap set that I posted a couple pages back.

I now regret not having ordered a couple of those for Cherry MX mounts as well... but that omission can be easily fixed.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

28 Apr 2019, 00:44

I wonder if this can be done at home. I'm needing a couple non-standard keycaps, like a big red enter with something like "Western Democracy".

User avatar
depletedvespene

28 Apr 2019, 00:46

Ask the guy! Works well, ain't expensive and will probably accomodate your wacky demands (I know mine are).

User avatar
Khers

02 May 2019, 12:17

Rainbow barf, just because I can.

Image

the_ambyguous

04 May 2019, 02:37

AP0115
Attachments
AP0115.jpg
AP0115.jpg (592.45 KiB) Viewed 1829 times

User avatar
ZedTheMan

04 May 2019, 02:50

depletedvespene wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 00:46
Ask the guy! Works well, ain't expensive and will probably accomodate your wacky demands (I know mine are).
Seconding. This person does good work!

Slom

06 May 2019, 22:21

my carbon poker got some makeup
DSC02482.JPG
DSC02482.JPG (618.85 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Aran.E99

06 May 2019, 22:59

the_ambyguous wrote:
04 May 2019, 02:37
AP0115
Canon typewriter caps? Just picked up an S-16 on ebay and will hopefully be arriving later this week. How do they feel? (is the profile noticeably higher?) I'm thinking about putting them on my Z-150.

User avatar
79f0167

08 May 2019, 19:41

Nice doubleshot from typewriter ;)
Spoiler:
P_20190501_130927_SRES.jpg
P_20190501_130927_SRES.jpg (4.29 MiB) Viewed 1636 times

User avatar
nelamvr6

08 May 2019, 20:19

My daily driver: IBM Model F AT

Image

the_ambyguous

12 May 2019, 16:04

Aran.E99 wrote:
06 May 2019, 22:59
the_ambyguous wrote:
04 May 2019, 02:37
AP0115
Canon typewriter caps? Just picked up an S-16 on ebay and will hopefully be arriving later this week. How do they feel? (is the profile noticeably higher?) I'm thinking about putting them on my Z-150.
Haha, coincidentally, these caps came off a S-16! I have mixed feelings on these caps. The machines on which they came with, make the caps feel much to high and insanely taxing on the fingers to use. With linear switches, the caps make typing an incredibly laborious feat. However, on orange SKCM or brown SKCM alps, they feel fantastic. The profile is sculpted but it doesnt feel like SA to me. They dont feel super high. They invite the finger tips to hover just above the keys. I like them only on certain switches. On SKCM blues it made the switches feel much too stiff. But on lighter oranges or on rounder browns they feel much better.

Aran.E99

12 May 2019, 16:17

the_ambyguous wrote:
12 May 2019, 16:04
Aran.E99 wrote:
06 May 2019, 22:59
the_ambyguous wrote:
04 May 2019, 02:37
AP0115
Canon typewriter caps? Just picked up an S-16 on ebay and will hopefully be arriving later this week. How do they feel? (is the profile noticeably higher?) I'm thinking about putting them on my Z-150.
Haha, coincidentally, these caps came off a S-16! I have mixed feelings on these caps. The machines on which they came with, make the caps feel much to high and insanely taxing on the fingers to use. With linear switches, the caps make typing an incredibly laborious feat. However, on orange SKCM or brown SKCM alps, they feel fantastic. The profile is sculpted but it doesnt feel like SA to me. They dont feel super high. They invite the finger tips to hover just above the keys. I like them only on certain switches. On SKCM blues it made the switches feel much too stiff. But on lighter oranges or on rounder browns they feel much better.
Thanks for the info! Even more coincidentally, I got an M0115 with orange alps delivered yesterday and I'm considering using the S-16 caps on it like you did however I might sell it so I can put the money towards a synthesizer :D

User avatar
Myoth

18 May 2019, 13:56

Image

Got this cool beast for quite cheap some days ago on eBay, but the switches bind a bit too much, time to restore it ! First FLS experience, and I'm quite disappointed, it doesn't get any edge over modern alternatives. But the LOOKS ... they are, they are quite better than some modern boards :roll:
Spoiler:
Image

short lived enthusiasm :( :(

The smol boi is going to get his own post later this weekend :)

User avatar
Dingster

18 May 2019, 14:34

What HHKB is that?
The FLS board looks pretty nice as well, is the case metal?

User avatar
Myoth

18 May 2019, 20:06

the HHKB is a PD-KB420W, it's basically the japanese HHKB we know (and love ?)

the case itself isn't, but the bottom is !

User avatar
Dingster

18 May 2019, 20:18

Nice finds for sure, looking forward to the HHKB writeup. Always love a yellowed HHKB :D

User avatar
lemos

25 May 2019, 12:45

Cherry MX 3000 (MX Brown)
Image

DJSwayde

25 May 2019, 13:26

lemos wrote:
25 May 2019, 12:45
Cherry MX 3000 (MX Brown)
Image
Cool! What are those caps?

User avatar
lemos

29 May 2019, 21:22

I ordered blank caps and laser engraving from my layout. Then I stuffed polymer clay in the slots and put it in the oven for 30 minutes. So I obtain non-erasable caps.
Image

User avatar
lemos

29 May 2019, 21:29

Image

User avatar
ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 May 2019, 17:16

Excellent!

lueblue

06 Jun 2019, 19:31

lemos wrote:
29 May 2019, 21:29
Image
It looks great! Did you try cleaning that ink marks around keycap legends? Is it even possible or they are 'a part of the ship'?

Post Reply

Return to “Gallery”