Maple 122 key - MX Black - Terminal Keyboard Teardown

bitemyweewee

07 Jun 2014, 01:49

Bought this little beauty off of ebay not long back for $18 inc postage. Should be a nice harvest for other things :)

So many images!! I can't be botherd annotating all of them. I hope you all enjoy :)

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Jun 2014, 02:02

I think Muirium's iPad just melted.

Muirium
µ

07 Jun 2014, 02:39

It would have so crashed on this thread. Fortunately I'm on Yosemite developer preview on the laptop instead. Plenty of hokey things about a beta OS, but Safari's better behaved than back on Mavericks in full screen mode, conveniently enough…

Nice gallery by the way. I like those funny coloured skinny Costar stabs.

pyrelink

07 Jun 2014, 09:15

Glad you posted this here, I probably would have chosen the best of the set and posted a link to the rest of the album at the end. Nice keyboard.

scottc

07 Jun 2014, 10:44

Looks good. Instead of salvaging it for parts, why not just make a converter for it? It might speak XT, and in that case it Soarer's converter would be a match made in heaven.

bitemyweewee

08 Jun 2014, 10:43

Sorry about all the pics. I thought verbosity would be best ;)

I don't have a use for the keyboard unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the layout. I will likely salvage it to make my own 60% that I'll use for my laptop :)

Findecanor

08 Jun 2014, 16:31

Why do so few 122-key terminal keyboards group the F-keys into groups of four columns each like on a regular desktop keyboard? It makes so much sense!

Hypersphere

08 Jun 2014, 16:49

Findecanor wrote:Why do so few 122-key terminal keyboards group the F-keys into groups of four columns each like on a regular desktop keyboard? It makes so much sense!
Excellent question! I have seen a Model M-122 that had at least used a different color for the middle group of F-keys, but they were not separated into islands like on the Cherry board depicted here. There was certainly no shortage of space on the M or F 122s!

Return to “Gallery”