µ

08 Feb 2022, 01:39

jsheradin wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 00:45
Bjerrk wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 07:04
jsheradin wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 23:09
My photography's not up to par for this thread but I break this guy out whenever I can.

Looks great! I'm curious about the palmrest, though. Seems like it would lend itself to a terribly uncomfortable typing angle, compared to the floating hands style of typing that usually works well with typewriters and tall keyboards?
With the keyboard being so tall it actually matches the angle of your forearms pretty nicely (for me at least). The floating hands thing is fine for a while but it gets a bit fatiguing after a full day of doing actual work with a keyboard (again, for me at least).

The core of its all 3D printed so it wouldn't be too hard to alter the model to get whatever angle one wanted.
I hear ya. I like the look of it, but I'd unlikely rest on it while typing, as that's just my style. My hands move around much too much to keep in contact with anything in front of the board. Indeed, my keyboards are always slap bang at the front of the desk for that reason: I need the airspace. I'll type like that for hours and hours on end.

Different styles are ultimately a body thing. There is no right and wrong, there's only right and wrong *for you.* Exactly as you said!

Weezer

09 Feb 2022, 04:17

ironicmoustache wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 05:28

The spacebar is a bit hard to actuate, needs a real firm press to register. Is that just part of how these 5251s are?
The spacebar is weighted like that because there are two return springs underneath it. A good fix is to remove the left spring and use the left switch as a stab only. If you need a picture I can show you.

Return to “Gallery”