Great/Interesting Finds

DJSwayde

14 Mar 2019, 21:51

Myoth wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 18:03
it's not dye sub, there isn't any 1800 dye sub

this keyboard has been on ebay since late 2017, and he never reduced the price
Forever salty. ;)

User avatar
digital_matthew

15 Mar 2019, 01:09

Neat little curio here for cheap. I'm digging the keycaps:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mechan ... 3446810792

User avatar
quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

15 Mar 2019, 02:06

Myoth wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 18:03
it's not dye sub, there isn't any 1800 dye sub

this keyboard has been on ebay since late 2017, and he never reduced the price
Oh What type is keycaps you think?

User avatar
Myoth

15 Mar 2019, 10:03

quochung1989 wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 02:06
Myoth wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 18:03
it's not dye sub, there isn't any 1800 dye sub

this keyboard has been on ebay since late 2017, and he never reduced the price
Oh What type is keycaps you think?
Surely they're doubleshots

orihalcon

17 Mar 2019, 02:07

The full size 3277 variant doesn't come up often, but beware, requires a replacement PCB which I believe there are public drawings out there somewhere for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173838879554

That layout gets a few extra points for the appropriately placed shift keys. The fact that they are stepped isn't exactly my favorite, but also fairly unique among beamsprings if I recall correctly.

Lanrefni

17 Mar 2019, 20:35

If any one is interested in a Data General keyboard with what looks like a joystick- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Data-G ... ctupt=true

Jimi14

19 Mar 2019, 10:01

A Skidata without keycaps, might be interesting if anyone want's to harvest a lot of MX clears.

https://www.tradera.com/item/340854/343 ... angentbord

User avatar
ekeppel

19 Mar 2019, 20:28

IBM AT Model F $179.99 + shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143179042164

User avatar
Hypersphere

20 Mar 2019, 03:48

Reuters DX3000

What kind of switches and caps does this have?
Reuters2-40.jpg
Reuters2-40.jpg (87.42 KiB) Viewed 583 times
https://www.ebay.com/itm/REUTERS-DK-300 ... Sws2RcCtZS

Tias

20 Mar 2019, 20:55

Hypersphere wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 03:48
Reuters DX3000

What kind of switches and caps does this have?

Reuters2-40.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/REUTERS-DK-300 ... Sws2RcCtZS
The overall look of the board and the keycaps is quite similar (apart from some differences in the actual layouts) to this Reuters board:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41308.0

That particular board seemed to have been made by Devlin and used Mx Brown switches.

Interesting and nice looking board, I've always liked the "9009-colorscheme" myself.

User avatar
ZedTheMan

23 Mar 2019, 02:23


Red_October

Yesterday, 05:55

Lanrefni wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 20:35
If any one is interested in a Data General keyboard with what looks like a joystick- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Data-G ... ctupt=true
Is one of us bidding? I placed a bid of $76 (it was sitting at $36) as I had had my eye on it since it was first listed, and found myself outbid. I am hoping at least to learn more about this enticing device.

User avatar
just_parker

Yesterday, 15:20

Damn it, someone sniped my bid on that data general at the last second! I was so sure $225 would be enough. Sad face...

User avatar
Sangdrax

Yesterday, 18:17

I thought about bidding, but I've already owned one of those maxiswitch kind of boards before (an old Cybernetix). They're pretty neat and clean up well, but I wouldn't say it's worth more than $100 shipped unconverted.

Red_October

Yesterday, 18:23

Sangdrax wrote:
Yesterday, 18:17
I thought about bidding, but I've already owned one of those maxiswitch kind of boards before (an old Cybernetix). They're pretty neat and clean up well, but I wouldn't say it's worth more than $100 shipped unconverted.
Yeah that's where I bowed out too. I just wanted to know what was up with that joystick, perhaps if the whole thing could be converted to PC joystick and all (that would be fuckin' awesome) and what its original use was. But $100 is generally where I bow out on anything I can't use immediately and don't even know if it can be converted.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

Yesterday, 22:49


User avatar
Hypersphere

Today, 00:01

//gainsborough wrote:
Yesterday, 22:49
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ACER-K ... 3696883448

Ultra yellow kb101A. Doubleshots!
I have had two Acer KB-101A keyboards, and both were terrible. These boards seem to get deeply yellowed and very brittle with age. My first one had mostly unresponsive switches and I returned it. I still have the second one, but all the switches on the bottom row are unresponsive and others chatter. Although this model can be excellent if you can find one in pristine condition, I would be wary of ultra-yellowed ones.

davkol

Today, 09:52


Post Reply

Return to “Other external”