Great/Interesting Finds

tinnie

11 Jun 2014, 03:56

and the case is cracked...

User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 13:45


User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 14:40

Ortek MCK101FX: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111376254274
Only info I could find on it: http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/6026
White clone Alps it seems with some doubleshots.

Key Tronic Model M clone: http://www.ebay.de/itm/251554496797
At least that's what it looks like to me. Probably nothing great, but I thought I'd mention it since the Wiki has only Model F clones.

Looks like Ansi doubleshots or dyesubs to me: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111378224507

User avatar
scottc

11 Jun 2014, 15:42

BlueBär wrote:Looks like Ansi doubleshots or dyesubs to me: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111378224507
Nice matrix layout board. Almost symmetric stagger too. Not bad. 8-)

User avatar
mbodrov

11 Jun 2014, 17:19

BlueBär wrote:Looks like Ansi doubleshots or dyesubs to me: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111378224507
10 EUR says pad printed.

Candyflip

11 Jun 2014, 18:19

I am pretty sure hey aren't dyesubs nor doubleshots, can't quite tell from those pics but they sure look like pad printed

User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 18:35

It was supposed to be a joke ;-;

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 18:36

Keyboards are far too serious a subject for any of that!

Candyflip

11 Jun 2014, 18:39

no fun allowed!

I didn't read your comment just what mbodrov quoted and jumped to conclusions ;D

IvanIvanovich

11 Jun 2014, 18:57

That 'kinder' keyboard should have Alps alike white switches though so possibly not a bad choice if that layout is for you. The keycap is pad print pretty sure on newer usb model, though I think the older model with din5 did have Tai Hao doubleshot.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 18:58

I'd love to see someone using that as their main keyboard! Especially with those original caps…

User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 19:22

Muirium wrote:I'd love to see someone using that as their main keyboard! Especially with those original caps…
I totally should do that for a week or so. And take it with me to uni :lol:

collector of junk

11 Jun 2014, 19:28

Looks like Ansi doubleshots or dyesubs to me: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111378224507


are you lot serious !!!!!white alps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is this more piss taking !!

User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 19:56

Guess I'll have to quote myself:
BlueBär wrote:It was supposed to be a joke ;-;

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 20:00

Ah, but was Ivan?

User avatar
facetsesame
Mad Dasher

11 Jun 2014, 20:11

That "kinder" board looks fairly tame compared to the UK versions I used to filter out of eBay searches:
WARNING: you probably don't want to see them.
Spoiler:
I repeat, you probably don't want to see these. View at your own risk. You have been warned!
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Early-Learning-C ... J/$_57.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/KIDS-USB-COLOUR- ... s/$_12.JPG
With nicer caps they could almost be interesting 'boards (that cursor arrangement is reminiscent of the ancients), but if they really are Alps, therein is a further issue...

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 20:13

I had a feeling they'd use that font…

User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 20:16

Fuck yeah Comic Sans :O

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 20:19

Forcibly exposing kids to Comic Sans is just as evil as exposing them to BASIC. The horror, the horror…

User avatar
BlueBär

11 Jun 2014, 20:23

Image

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 20:27

Comic Pap.png
Comic Pap.png (28.16 KiB) Viewed 1381 times

User avatar
facetsesame
Mad Dasher

11 Jun 2014, 20:36

One justification I heard for using C. Sans in a particular school was that few other handwriting-esque fonts that ship with Windows have a single loop lower case a. Even Papyrus can't match that.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2014, 21:09

I must admit that I like "single deck" a's. Fortunately, they're far from limited to idiotic fake handwiting fonts. One of the 20th century's classics: Futura has them.

Image

And I quite like Questrial too. When I'm not banging on about Helvetica, I'm also a geometric modernist…

User avatar
Hypersphere

11 Jun 2014, 21:20

Muirium wrote:
Comic Pap.png
Even worse: the fonts used for movie titles in the 1950s so that you could tell it was a romantic comedy before having to suffer through the movie. Zany! Madcap!

IvanIvanovich

11 Jun 2014, 21:25

I was actually being serious about that board having Alps. Well at least the older ones did have them as I have seen used ones on ebay before that had missing keycap.

User avatar
scottc

12 Jun 2014, 00:06

facetsesame wrote:That "kinder" board looks fairly tame compared to the UK versions I used to filter out of eBay searches:
WARNING: you probably don't want to see them.
Spoiler:
I repeat, you probably don't want to see these. View at your own risk. You have been warned!
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Early-Learning-C ... J/$_57.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/KIDS-USB-COLOUR- ... s/$_12.JPG
With nicer caps they could almost be interesting 'boards (that cursor arrangement is reminiscent of the ancients), but if they really are Alps, therein is a further issue...
I have the UK version... certainly not ALPS :D

User avatar
facetsesame
Mad Dasher

12 Jun 2014, 00:40

scottc wrote:
facetsesame wrote:That "kinder" board looks fairly tame compared to the UK versions I used to filter out of eBay searches:
WARNING: you probably don't want to see them.
Spoiler:
I repeat, you probably don't want to see these. View at your own risk. You have been warned!
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Early-Learning-C ... J/$_57.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/KIDS-USB-COLOUR- ... s/$_12.JPG
With nicer caps they could almost be interesting 'boards (that cursor arrangement is reminiscent of the ancients), but if they really are Alps, therein is a further issue...
I have the UK version... certainly not ALPS :D
Somehow I'm curious, do they just have domes on a membrane?

Hak Foo

12 Jun 2014, 06:37

collector of junk wrote:Looks like Ansi doubleshots or dyesubs to me: http://www.ebay.de/itm/111378224507


are you lot serious !!!!!white alps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is this more piss taking !!
Honestly, the weird mustard-yellow of the yellow keys makes me immediately think of the Tai Hao doubleshots we've all seen recently.

User avatar
bazh

12 Jun 2014, 06:49

people love the Handerbeit keyboard but laugh at a kid keyboard :/

User avatar
scottc

12 Jun 2014, 10:22

facetsesame wrote:Somehow I'm curious, do they just have domes on a membrane?
I'm not actually sure. I never checked. They feel incredibly mushy, though.

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”