Great/Interesting Finds

Muirium
µ

18 Mar 2016, 15:18

50 key doesn't count. And I don't consider the lonnnnnng Kish a space saver either. 62 key is the definitive Kishsaver. 77 with honorable mention.

shreebles
Finally 60%

18 Mar 2016, 15:23

Nuum wrote: Whoever held back from bidding after my post, thank you! It's a black German Model M2 in fully working condition. After getting one for Secret Santa in ANSI layout (thanks btw, I still have to post a photo) I just had to get one in German layout and took the gamble.
Haven't testet the PS/1 yet, but it will most probably put to good use as well.
Amazing, I didn't know such a thing existed. Looks extremely cool, how are the keycaps printed?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Mar 2016, 16:16

dede4metal wrote: Do you know if this keycaps are compatible with a cherry MX keyboard? http://www.ebay.de/itm/361452431462?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT
Its rubberdome and not compatible.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Mar 2016, 16:20

Nuum wrote:
Nuum wrote: There's a certain black IBM keyboard on ebay.de right now, which I'd like to get. I don't even know if it's a rubber dome, but I would be very glad, if you could leave it to me.
It was this one: http://m.ebay.de/itm/IBM-PS-1-mit-Tasta ... 1924971086
Whoever held back from bidding after my post, thank you! It's a black German Model M2 in fully working condition. After getting one for Secret Santa in ANSI layout (thanks btw, I still have to post a photo) I just had to get one in German layout and took the gamble.
I had also seen it, nice that you got it, it would be cool to see some pictures.

Invisius

18 Mar 2016, 16:24

Great find on the keypads, those are just as rare (if not more rare) than the Kishsaver. More like the retro predecessor to the Planck boards people are getting into these days!

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Mar 2016, 16:27

Just a reminder to spectate -- my DC-3014 will be wrapping up in a couple hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331797836446

zuglufttier

18 Mar 2016, 16:46

Hope you get paid :D

I wasn't able to sell my SAD cherry... Will list it again some time soon in eBay but this time not with world-wide shipping.

Chyros

18 Mar 2016, 17:19

Jeez 1998, that must be the youngest model F I've heard of so far Oo .

Muirium
µ

18 Mar 2016, 17:48

We've seen late Model F labeled stuff that's actually Model M inside, or some bastard love child of the two. Late IBM was frisky that way.

@Mark: You bastard! Seeing prices like that puts me off using my blue Alps switches for a custom. When I could just sell them for…

Halvar

18 Mar 2016, 17:53

Nuum wrote: It was this one: http://m.ebay.de/itm/IBM-PS-1-mit-Tasta ... 1924971086
Whoever held back from bidding after my post, thank you! It's a black German Model M2 in fully working condition. After getting one for Secret Santa in ANSI layout (thanks btw, I still have to post a photo) I just had to get one in German layout and took the gamble.
Yes, I saw that, too, and thought about bidding. The computer case does look very nice, too.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

18 Mar 2016, 17:56

Just saying ... my life got alot better since I stopped checking this thread every 15 minutes !

Tuntematon

18 Mar 2016, 17:56

The DC-2014 with no cable just sold for ~$150 shipped. Donor board, less than $2 a switch. Not bad :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

18 Mar 2016, 18:05

Wodan wrote: Just saying ... my life got alot better since I stopped checking this thread every 15 minutes !
These days I just read it for the laughs.

klikkyklik

18 Mar 2016, 18:35

DC-3014 for $420 - I'm laughing too.

IKSLM

18 Mar 2016, 18:35

ohaimark wrote: Just a reminder to spectate -- my DC-3014 will be wrapping up in a couple hours.

Congrats :D

Tuntematon

18 Mar 2016, 18:38

Madness!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 18:41

ohaimark wrote: Just a reminder to spectate -- my DC-3014 will be wrapping up in a couple hours.

I told you! :mrgreen:

I knew it would go in the upper hundreds once it had 180 in the first few hours. Kind of odd how its that exact number too. ;)
Enjoy the moolah! Now I am all the more pissed that the other DC-3014 got stolen from us. :x

Engicoder

18 Mar 2016, 18:46

Lets us know where it ends up...curious.

Khronokrator

18 Mar 2016, 18:50

$420, about what I was expecting after I saw the sudden jump in price again last night. Yikes. A bit too rich for my blood, but definitely a good haul (and probably the high water mark of Blue Alps hysteria thus far).

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Mar 2016, 18:54

$420 gets you a minty DC-3014, apparently.

I bought it for $0.50 -- PROFIT! :lol: :evilgeek: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

JesuswasaZombie

18 Mar 2016, 18:55

Someone got a great deal! Lucky!

E3E

18 Mar 2016, 20:04

Definitely saw that DC-3014 going for at least $400, yeah. I love how people aren't so inclined to pay $400 straight up at BIN prices, but they'll easily go to $400 and beyond at auction. Psychology.
Redmaus wrote: Now I am all the more pissed that the other DC-3014 got stolen from us. :x
Well, from what I've heard, it didn't get bought out, but rather, it was a case of the seller realizing the value of his boards and pulling the auction. He's probably going to resell later down the line individually.

Good for him. :P

Tuntematon

18 Mar 2016, 20:10

What you heard?

Nuum

18 Mar 2016, 20:15

shreebles wrote:
Nuum wrote: Whoever held back from bidding after my post, thank you! It's a black German Model M2 in fully working condition. After getting one for Secret Santa in ANSI layout (thanks btw, I still have to post a photo) I just had to get one in German layout and took the gamble.
Amazing, I didn't know such a thing existed. Looks extremely cool, how are the keycaps printed?
I think they are pad printed, definitely not lasered or doubleshot. I'll post pictures of it when I'll find the time.
I also didn't find signs of a black PS/1 or a black M2 so I wasn't at all sure if it's buckling spring.

E3E

18 Mar 2016, 20:24

Tuntematon wrote: What you heard?
Heard I did that auction was end and highest bidder was informed won but seller say has wanted end for value of boards not realize.

shreebles
Finally 60%

18 Mar 2016, 20:37

Nuum wrote: I think they are pad printed, definitely not lasered or doubleshot. I'll post pictures of it when I'll find the time.
I also didn't find signs of a black PS/1 or a black M2 so I wasn't at all sure if it's buckling spring.
Damn, you are right unfortunately. http://imgur.com/a/tcnrY

Still looks really cool though 8-)
Just... you cannot use it or it will look worn...

fohat
Elder Messenger

18 Mar 2016, 20:45

Khronokrator wrote:
probably the high water mark of Blue Alps hysteria thus far
A really high-quality structure in nearly-new straight-ANSI would be a Holy Grail for a lot of people.

I have an Omnikey 101 with transplanted blues which is top-shelf, but it required a lot of time and work.

Khronokrator

18 Mar 2016, 20:51

Oh, I don't deny it. Bidding psychology is indeed greatly interesting, as E3E states.

To be perfectly honest, I'm just a little salty myself, because I'd have rather paid $420 for a mint, almost NIB DC-3014 than the banged-up one I did get for roughly $270, which doesn't have a cable and I currently cannot even use.

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Mar 2016, 20:54

The buyer of my DC-3014 is a collector in South Korea -- he's eating int'l shipping in addition to the $420.

That's some serious dedication.

Tuntematon

18 Mar 2016, 20:57

Lesson: Offer international shipping for high value keyboards, or at least shipping to Korea. Lots of Korean collectors.

Return to “Other external”