The Tiproman

05 Feb 2018, 18:11

Damn, I forgot to bid on this one:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/122942423680

:cry:

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

05 Feb 2018, 18:26

I had one like that by Qtronix (now iOne) that was cool, but I couldn't get anyone to buy it when I was selling all of my stuff off.

Vewy_nice

05 Feb 2018, 20:39

clickityClackity wrote: http://r.ebay.com/cJE8LF

Shipping to Texas is twice the asking price for the board... Anyone in Oregon?
I just convinced the seller to sell me just the Visual200 keyboard unit without the terminal from his other auction at a reduced price, plus MASSIVELY reduced shipping.

I tried to get him to remove a cap, since I can't figure out what switches are in it, but he didn't want to, but said the keys felt "spring loaded"... So, who knows, it's a crap shoot, but I love the big chunky metal cases, and I've already got a project with that George Risk keyboard, so what's another one?

Keybug

05 Feb 2018, 22:48

Why did this G80-3000HCD sell for so much? Apparently, it's the same as HAD but comes with an adapter included. Very good condition, yes, but decent condition HADs recently went for a good deal less...

hansichen

05 Feb 2018, 23:06

Cause people are stupid, there were also HFD boards which have crap mx blues which sold for 120€, compared to that this one was bargain

FXT
XT

06 Feb 2018, 04:10

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage19 ... Sw8RZaePIa

Bigfoot XT with matching system. Neat, but pricey.

JP!

06 Feb 2018, 05:12

FXT
XT

06 Feb 2018, 05:38

Love the APL caps, shame you can't get them in XT profile.

OldIsNew

06 Feb 2018, 07:04

About the George Risk Industries board:
Vewy_nice wrote: They're the shitty ones, unfortunately...

Fortunately, though, the cross mount on the keycaps is SKCC compatible, so I might do some weird SKCC custom-plate hand-wire nonsense. (I've got like 4 apple ]['s not doing much)
It's literally the worst keyboard I've ever typed on. And I forgot my mech at home today, and I'm typing on a gross dirty dome board, so that's saying something.
I'm going to try slathering the sliders in lube. They're SO gritty. It MIGHT help a little.

It does feel really good, PHYSICALLY. It's nice and hefty, and the case is awesome! The keycaps are practically solid plastic. The stem doesn't protrude up into the cap at all...

I don't regret it, it'll make a fun project ;)
Well while reed switches would have been nicer, but it still an awesome looking board - I'm glad you're still happy with it because I agree it's definitely a great project!
Last edited by OldIsNew on 06 Feb 2018, 16:36, edited 2 times in total.

Khers

06 Feb 2018, 09:24

1391472 come with regular keycaps as far as I'm aware and those APL-caps look distinctively Unicompy.

digital_matthew

06 Feb 2018, 14:45

Khers wrote:
1391472 come with regular keycaps as far as I'm aware and those APL-caps look distinctively Unicompy.
I have a set of Unicomp APL keys. They are very new ( a couple of weeks old). The sub-legends on the front of the keys on the ebay one are really clear, where as mine look washed out. Also the orange characters on the forward slash are smaller than the ones on mine. I'm no expert, but I'd say these are legit.

JP!

06 Feb 2018, 15:24

I have 3 sets of APL keys. One set from the Model F vintage which typically were seen with the F104 keyboards, one set (in box) from the Model M era, and a new Unicomp set. All of the varieties I know of were key caps rather than solid one-piece (even though Model F's came with one-piece keys). Unicomp uses a different font from vintage Model M's and their orange legends are a faded orange.
Spoiler:
Model M vintage APL keys (orange)
apl1.jpg
apl1.jpg (256.83 KiB) Viewed 7669 times
Unicrap (faded orange) Vs. Model F APL keys (reddish orange)
apl2.JPG
apl2.JPG (33.79 KiB) Viewed 7669 times

Dingster

06 Feb 2018, 16:47

Dang JP! you really are quite the IBM expert :D

mannoso

06 Feb 2018, 18:59

Myoth

06 Feb 2018, 19:38

that's a rubberdome :/

Damonskv

06 Feb 2018, 20:21

super strange "weird latin - cyrillic" keyboard made on Cuba https://www.avito.ru/sankt-peterburg/to ... _952045473, after request seller send that photo with switch:

edit: haha, Latin letters are arranged in phonetic order corresponding to Russian letters

mannoso

06 Feb 2018, 21:13

Myoth wrote:
Oh. I got one a while ago, different seller but same model number and it was a tactile space invader. I didn't know they made also a rubberdome one.

Khers

06 Feb 2018, 21:16

JP! wrote: I have 3 sets of APL keys. One set from the Model F vintage which typically were seen with the F104 keyboards, one set (in box) from the Model M era, and a new Unicomp set. All of the varieties I know of were key caps rather than solid one-piece (even though Model F's came with one-piece keys). Unicomp uses a different font from vintage Model M's and their orange legends are a faded orange.
Spoiler:
apl1.jpg
apl2.JPG
I have some unicomp apls from a few years back and they look no where near as bad as those, more like the ones in the listing.

Myoth

06 Feb 2018, 21:16

mannoso wrote:
Myoth wrote:
Oh. I got one a while ago, different seller but same model number and it was a tactile space invader. I didn't know they made also a rubberdome one.
are you sure it was the same one, RT-102 are rubber domes for sure as they haven't got the "+" in their part number as well as a different part number than space invaders, send a pic of your stickers, I'd be very interested (in the link you gave) if it were to be the same as I've never tried space invaders and would like to.

mannoso

06 Feb 2018, 21:43

Myoth wrote:
You're right, sorry. I just got a picture from the seller and it is indeed a rubberdome.

JP!

06 Feb 2018, 23:01

Khers wrote:
JP! wrote: I have 3 sets of APL keys. One set from the Model F vintage which typically were seen with the F104 keyboards, one set (in box) from the Model M era, and a new Unicomp set. All of the varieties I know of were key caps rather than solid one-piece (even though Model F's came with one-piece keys). Unicomp uses a different font from vintage Model M's and their orange legends are a faded orange.
Spoiler:
The attachment apl1.jpg is no longer available
The attachment apl2.JPG is no longer available
I have some unicomp apls from a few years back and they look no where near as bad as those, more like the ones in the listing.
I found a better comparison taken back in 2014.
Spoiler:
apl4.jpg
apl4.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 7465 times
F104 OG APL Vs. Unicomp

Source:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62543.0

Khers

06 Feb 2018, 23:09

Compare the arrow onthe Y cap on the apl set in the ebay listing and the arrows on your unicomp apl set and your original apl. Would you agree the ebay listings font looks more like unicomp?

JP!

06 Feb 2018, 23:41

Khers wrote: Compare the arrow onthe Y cap on the apl set in the ebay listing and the arrows on your unicomp apl set and your original apl. Would you agree the ebay listings font looks more like unicomp?
After comparing the the images side-by-side the eBay listing font does not appear to be Unicomp in my opinion. The fonts do not match. Most evident is the '0' key. It is more narrow on the unicomp. Even the arrows are different. The shaft as it were of the arrow seems more narrow with sharper points than those of the eBay font. The eBay font more closely matches the font and quality of other vintage Model M's of the late 80's to early 90's. The more I look, even at the crappy eBay photo the more subtle differences I see.

Chyros

07 Feb 2018, 00:32

Myoth wrote: are you sure it was the same one, RT-102 are rubber domes for sure as they haven't got the "+" in their part number as well as a different part number than space invaders, send a pic of your stickers, I'd be very interested (in the link you gave) if it were to be the same as I've never tried space invaders and would like to.
+ means bigass enter, not necessarily mechanical. Being an RT-102, it couldn't be a + model either way.

ohaimark
Kingpin

07 Feb 2018, 02:40

Yep, it's the one I just bought for a song. I'm flipping it to fund the purchase of a NIB Model M5-1 that was manufactured by Lexmark.

JP!

07 Feb 2018, 04:29

ohaimark wrote: Yep, it's the one I just bought for a song. I'm flipping it to fund the purchase of a NIB Model M5-1 that was manufactured by Lexmark.
Does it have a Lexmark logo? If so that would be pretty awesome.

xxhellfirexx

07 Feb 2018, 06:54

tron

07 Feb 2018, 07:24

ohaimark wrote:
Yep, it's the one I just bought for a song. I'm flipping it to fund the purchase of a NIB Model M5-1 that was manufactured by Lexmark.
Wow, that brown Alps videowriter just shot over $200 with over 5 days before the auction ends :o

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

07 Feb 2018, 08:32

ohaimark wrote:
mission accomplished. Now how much more can you get, that's what I want to know!

codemonkeymike

07 Feb 2018, 12:32

Good god how much that brown alps board is selling for, that's about 4 dollars a switch! I need the cash right now maybe I will sell my brown alps I just desoldered from a videowriter. At $4 a switch that's about what blue alps boards sell for, 104 key selling for $400-450.

Return to “Other external”