Great/Interesting Finds

green-squid

28 Feb 2018, 20:14

Blaise170 wrote:
green-squid wrote:
But just for keyboards? That's not cool. Let's non't seperate complete systems.
I don't separate systems unless I have a good reason for doing so. No, I would keep all of these together. There's probably no boards worth separating out anyways.
Unfortunatley the /r/mk thread only focused on LETS GRAB THE 'KEEBS' (I hate this word) instead. What a shame.

digital_matthew

28 Feb 2018, 20:20

Gnohio wrote:
digital_matthew wrote: And just imagine paying to pack and move all of that stuff. Yikes...
Well if you'd be willing to pay however much to acquire all of that I'd assume you'd also be willing to pay for shipping too.
True, still would be unpleasant though. Would be nice to have the space and the scratch to acquire that collection.

Gnohio

28 Feb 2018, 20:58

digital_matthew wrote:
Gnohio wrote:
digital_matthew wrote: And just imagine paying to pack and move all of that stuff. Yikes...
Well if you'd be willing to pay however much to acquire all of that I'd assume you'd also be willing to pay for shipping too.
True, still would be unpleasant though. Would be nice to have the space and the scratch to acquire that collection.
I dont even know what would be a reasonable offer on all of that if I did have the space. I wonder what some of the average offers he got were.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

28 Feb 2018, 21:06

Let's just say that you could probably buy a new car for all that.

green-squid

28 Feb 2018, 21:11

I'd say atleast 2 cars with the insane eBay computer prices

FXT
XT

28 Feb 2018, 22:31

green-squid wrote:
Blaise170 wrote:
green-squid wrote:
But just for keyboards? That's not cool. Let's non't seperate complete systems.
I don't separate systems unless I have a good reason for doing so. No, I would keep all of these together. There's probably no boards worth separating out anyways.
Unfortunatley the /r/mk thread only focused on LETS GRAB THE 'KEEBS' (I hate this word) instead. What a shame.
Yeah I saw that. Reddit just doesn't seem to appreciate and respect vintage hardware the way it should be.

green-squid

28 Feb 2018, 22:42

>Yeah I saw that. Reddit just doesn't seem to appreciate and respect vintage hardware the way it should be.[/quote]

I have started to like the keyboard subreddit less and less because of thia. And also because of the repetitive nature of the posts (custom 60%, hhkb, gmk set, few IBMs here and there, and shitposting).

Sangdrax

28 Feb 2018, 22:46

I got enough problems just storing my IBM mainframe equipment. You couldn't pay me to take that whole lot. I'd like the IBM portable, and the trapezoid terminal (A TI something I think, Digital something? I've seen one before but I can't remember the model) just because of how cool they look.

xxhellfirexx

28 Feb 2018, 23:54

Sangdrax wrote: I got enough problems just storing my IBM mainframe equipment. You couldn't pay me to take that whole lot. I'd like the IBM portable, and the trapezoid terminal (A TI something I think, Digital something? I've seen one before but I can't remember the model) just because of how cool they look.

You mean this?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_PET

Sangdrax

01 Mar 2018, 00:45

You got it. Wow, I was really off on remembering the name.

FXT
XT

01 Mar 2018, 02:49

New in box silver label M for $150.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-New-IBM- ... SwDxFZ47Z1

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

01 Mar 2018, 02:58

FXT wrote: New in box silver label M for $150.
What connector is that?

Gnohio

01 Mar 2018, 03:24

//gainsborough wrote:
FXT wrote: New in box silver label M for $150.
What connector is that?
wiki/IBM_Enhanced_Keyboard#1392366

"The original keyboard option of the IBM PC RT 6150, a Unix workstation launched in 1986 and powered by a predecessor of IBM's POWER RISC architecture. It was similar to the 1390131, with slightly different key legends (in particular, right Ctrl was marked Action), an internal speaker, and a non-removable cable with a bulky 6-pin AMP connector. Relatively few were produced before they were replaced by rubber-dome keyboards made by NMB (possibly as a cost-cutting measure when the $20,000 RT failed to sell); consequently, 1392366's are very rare."

JP!

01 Mar 2018, 05:36

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

01 Mar 2018, 06:08

The 1388032 went from $.99 to $430.00 in two hours. There are six days and 22 hours left of a seven day auction. Can you people pace yourselves?

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

01 Mar 2018, 06:12

Techno Trousers wrote: The 1388032 went from $.99 to $430.00 in two hours. There are six days and 22 hours left of a seven day auction. Can you people pace yourselves?
seems like no is the answer to that. This really is nuts, though. I really feel like just within the last month auctions are getting out of hand, and early on too.

green-squid

01 Mar 2018, 07:24

JP! wrote: A couple more rare industrials
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-EARLY-1986 ... SwyTValykJ
Geez, for that money I could buy a Nintendo Switch and a game (with Hungary's prices) :oops:

Chyros

01 Mar 2018, 08:06

Techno Trousers wrote: The 1388032 went from $.99 to $430.00 in two hours. There are six days and 22 hours left of a seven day auction. Can you people pace yourselves?
Pretty sure it's no-one from HERE that's bidding this high this early. Which definitely should be done at the end, not at this early stage. This is getting ridiculous.

That said, the 1388032 is my fav M xD .

Elrick

01 Mar 2018, 08:29

Chyros wrote: Pretty sure it's no-one from HERE that's bidding this high this early.
It's not me even though I LOVE older Model-M's, my Mrs will castrate me if she knew this keyboard has been bid on from our bank account or credit cards.

For some reason she's holding tight on our expenses this week. Can't fathom why......

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2018, 08:35

Yes! This is good! :evilgeek:

clickityClackity

01 Mar 2018, 08:35

Chyros wrote:
Pretty sure it's no-one from HERE that's bidding this high this early. Which definitely should be done at the end, not at this early stage. This is getting ridiculous.

That said, the 1388032 is my fav M xD .
Holy fucking shite.... If someone wants am Industrial hit me up, mine can be had for much cheaper than that! 430fuckindollars, damn!

clickityClackity

01 Mar 2018, 08:37

webwit wrote:Yes! This is good! :evilgeek:

Holy fucking shite.... If someone wants an Industrial hit webwit up! Damn son, where'd you find them?

green-squid

01 Mar 2018, 08:40

webwit wrote: Yes! This is good! :evilgeek:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Which one is the cheapest option?

clickityClackity

01 Mar 2018, 08:43

green-squid wrote:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

This two bottom right, definitely. They're smaller so they must be cheaper. Looks like the numpad broke off.

green-squid

01 Mar 2018, 08:47

clickityClackity wrote:
green-squid wrote:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

This two bottom right, definitely. They're smaller so they must be cheaper. Looks like the numpad broke off.
I know it is sarcasm cause they are the most expensive ones, but I am curious.

clickityClackity

01 Mar 2018, 08:49

green-squid wrote:
clickityClackity wrote:
green-squid wrote: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

I know it is sarcasm cause they are the most expensive ones, but I am curious.
Yes sorry my sarcasm is out of control sometimes. Assuming they're all in good condition, one of the grey badge regular Model M's (Def not the one in the box) would be the cheapest. They all look damn clean

green-squid

01 Mar 2018, 08:53

[quote="clickityClackity";p=402197

Or maybe I could get one of his Industrial Cases and then get a broken Model M inner assembly from Wodan from Germany and THEN drill some holes into it to screw mod it! and then I could make myself a cheap industrial model M.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

01 Mar 2018, 09:22

green-squid wrote: Or maybe I could get one of his Industrial Cases and then get a broken Model M inner assembly from Wodan from Germany and THEN drill some holes into it to screw mod it! and then I could make myself a cheap industrial model M.
If you want a cheap Indy model M, just paint a model M grey. =P

Also I believe unicomp sells industrial cases for like $35 - or at least they used to. You could always send them an email to check - though I think they have the blue IBM oval badge only.

green-squid

01 Mar 2018, 09:29

//gainsborough wrote:
green-squid wrote: Or maybe I could get one of his Industrial Cases and then get a broken Model M inner assembly from Wodan from Germany and THEN drill some holes into it to screw mod it! and then I could make myself a cheap industrial model M.
If you want a cheap Indy model M, just paint a model M grey. =P

Also I believe unicomp sells industrial cases for like $35 - or at least they used to. You could always send them an email to check - though I think they have the blue IBM oval badge only.
But unicomp is in the US, and I'm not.

UnFocused

01 Mar 2018, 17:58

green-squid wrote: I have started to like the keyboard subreddit less and less because of thia. And also because of the repetitive nature of the posts (custom 60%, hhkb, gmk set, few IBMs here and there, and shitposting).
I'd enjoy /r/mk a lot more if the artisan keycaps posts were somewhere... anywhere, else.

Return to “Other external”