14 Apr 2013, 22:09

Very nice looking!

Jmneuv

14 Apr 2013, 22:12

uuhh careful, apple is going to buy you

philpirj

16 Apr 2013, 17:42

Done.
Still works on my homegrown firmware though so i need to spend an evening tweaking Hasu's tmk_keyboard to match my layout.

Muirium
µ

16 Apr 2013, 17:53

Great seeing this kind of home build coming through. Congratulations.

Incidentally: I just started reading this thread and was nodding along to the "leans too heavy on the pinkies!" criticism, until I saw your hands on shot. Aha! You've got long fingers. My palms are way wider, and so my fingers pivot from different locations. If I tried using your creation, I'd get cramps. But that's the beauty of doing it yourself. You've made a truly bespoke keyboard.

jeff

16 Apr 2013, 19:05

The bank angle associated with the wirst-rest is very interesting.

You did a really good job with acrylic, the result is very nice.

philpirj

17 Apr 2013, 00:18

Thanks! Really pleasurable hearing this.

suka
frobiac

17 Apr 2013, 13:09

Really impressive workmanship and a very nice & clean design !

I was quite sceptical about the placement of the pinky columns, but seeing how your hands seem to fit now I guess it makes sense for you. I still think turning the thumb cluster 2 columns (putting purple & pink next to orange) would be nicer to reach, but I might also be too predjudiced in that regard - keep us posted about your experiences with this setup.

nepotrib

18 Apr 2013, 23:46

This is awesome!
I like split, thumb keys (I like that thumb presses more than just Spacebar), symmetry, blank keys/color. Great design!

But I don't get how F* keys are activated. And how do you press for example Ctrl-F7.
Are there 3 layers for top row (e.g. q w e/1 2 3/F1 F2 F3)?

philpirj

19 Apr 2013, 11:18

nepotrib wrote:But I don't get how F* keys are activated. And how do you press for example Ctrl-F7.
Are there 3 layers for top row (e.g. q w e/1 2 3/F1 F2 F3)?
Still experimenting. For now i have two layers, one is qwerty+some special chars, another is numbers + special chars (orange key as modifier). Probably will need another Fxx layer, with F1-F12, mouse keys and arrow keys on it.

I'm using awesome wm, vim and chromium with vimium plugin most of the time, so the most challenging combination is Ctrl-Meta-[1..9]. None of the applications i use on a daily basis have bindings for F keys.
Last edited by philpirj on 19 Apr 2013, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

philpirj

19 Apr 2013, 17:23

Happy to share that tmk_keyboard worked like a charm. I had a stucking key issue, but it seems to be fixed in gh60 code that i took as a base. https://github.com/pirj/tmk_keyboard/tr ... ard/hornet

Still cannot get AltGr working on KC_RALT, acts like a regular Alt key. Is there a special code for it i'm not aware of?

philpirj

19 Apr 2013, 19:51

Icarium

19 Apr 2013, 19:57

The translation is horrible but thanks for the pictures! :)

hasu

20 Apr 2013, 06:40

philpirj wrote:Happy to share that tmk_keyboard worked like a charm. I had a stucking key issue, but it seems to be fixed in gh60 code that i took as a base. https://github.com/pirj/tmk_keyboard/tr ... ard/hornet

Still cannot get AltGr working on KC_RALT, acts like a regular Alt key. Is there a special code for it i'm not aware of?
First, Great DIY skills!

After debounce code fix I've had no key stuck problem on GH60 so far. If your code is based upon my current gh60/matrix.c I don't think you suffer from this problem at this moment. https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/26

As for Right Alt or AltGr, I confirmed your FN8 action ACTION_MODS_TAP_KEY(MOD_RALT, KC_RALT) works well on my GH60. It registered Right Alt key successfully on host. I don't know about ISO keyboard layout so much but I'm sure that USB HID has no special code for AltGr and also my firmware doesn't. I guess how AltGr works mainly depends on keyboard layout definition on host OS.

philpirj

20 Apr 2013, 13:17

hasu wrote:First, Great DIY skills!
Thanks!
hasu wrote:After debounce code fix I've had no key stuck problem on GH60 so far.
Me neither. On my first attempt to adopt tmk a month or so ago i have experienced this, but now this works fine.
hasu wrote:As for Right Alt or AltGr, I confirmed your FN8 action ACTION_MODS_TAP_KEY(MOD_RALT, KC_RALT) works well on my GH60.
You're right, I've figured it out, that was host os problem, X window treats each device separately, so I had to add this: https://github.com/pirj/.pirjdot/commit ... 1293aa1152 ("face" is PRODUCT_ID from config.h)

Thanks a lot for hard work on tmk, it's an amazing tool! Cannot imagine myself writing anything comparable on my own.

ماء

10 Aug 2013, 11:55

Like This
BTron

Return to “Workshop”