Granite Round 4 design update

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jan 2016, 22:27

yeah I gotcha, but I'm afraid we could go on forever so probably we better just keep the original RGB colorway.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

04 Jan 2016, 22:36

matt3o wrote: Granite R4, Beta 1

http://imgur.com/a/jpG2E

Please review and comment. Thanks!
Looks good to me! Too bad the Cyrillic kit didn't make it this time around.

Farewell, discretionary budget. It was nice knowing you. $_$

photekq
Cherry Picker

04 Jan 2016, 22:47

I think I might have to buy it for those Elven Tongue keycaps. Closest I will get to a Welsh layout keyset :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jan 2016, 22:48

I'm just sorry I had to drop French from the international kit, sorry my merovingian friends, but you have one crazy keyboard layout...

Muirium
µ

04 Jan 2016, 23:01

The Elves win!

zslane

05 Jan 2016, 02:37

Is there a kit there where you can put in the yellow diamond and orange menu icon keys? You have the RGB icon mods, but I am still being denied the "other" bottom-row icon modifier keys.

Muirium
µ

05 Jan 2016, 02:48

Someday we must see a second Granite colourway. I'm thinking darker mods. Granite is a fantastic look, but if it has one weakness (besides everything inherent in DSA) it is the pale mods. They're nice, but I can imagine something richer. Still dyesub, but with more emphasis on the contrast between alphas and mods, rather than legends.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 08:07

I agree the world had enough Granite. Let's make this R4 and move on. I'd like to experiment with a Graphite set next time :)

chanlol

05 Jan 2016, 12:58

I think more colorful kits will be perfect.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 15:07

How do you feel about this:

The RGB could be something like this, but I have to check on pricing first.

andrewjoy

05 Jan 2016, 15:11

Would there be any way to order outside of MD for us Euro folks ?

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Jan 2016, 15:14

matt3o wrote: Image
I'm really not sure how this would look, and I'm not sure if it would take well to dyesubbing, but how do you think it would look if the sublegends were a dark foresty green rather than red? I was just thinking it might suit the elvish theme a little better :mrgreen:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 15:20

SP is not that good at dysubbing green (or blue... or anything that is not red...)

b4d_tR1p

05 Jan 2016, 15:31

it will be mine :evilgeek: !

chzel

05 Jan 2016, 16:47

matt3o wrote: if you don't know what the last two icons are (on the 1u cluster), you can't be my friend :P
The top one is from Robocop, it's the OCP logo, but I don't recognize the bottom....
So...half-friends?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 16:59

nakatomi trading corp.

HzFaq

05 Jan 2016, 17:06

Damn, I knew I'd forgotten to watch something this Christmas...

rddm

05 Jan 2016, 17:29

@matt3o i'm not sure but I think the international kit didn't allow ISO-PT, that culd be nice and is only just a few keys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 17:56

rddm wrote: @matt3o i'm not sure but I think the international kit didn't allow ISO-PT, that culd be nice and is only just a few keys.
what are we missing?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 18:16

Granite R4 beta 2

http://imgur.com/a/sTbuN

last chance

maxmalkav
dye hard

05 Jan 2016, 18:22

What about US Intl? I made the transition to ANSI US Intl and now I'm a truly believer :-)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 18:31

maxmalkav wrote: What about US Intl? I made the transition to ANSI US Intl and now I'm a truly believer :-)
what would be the difference?

maxmalkav
dye hard

05 Jan 2016, 18:59

You rely on AltGr for many special characters that are mapped over a regular US ANSI layout (ie N and Ñ are "tied" together in the same key). Here you have an example of ANSI US Intl from IvanIvanovich's GB on GH.
http://i.imgur.com/dGY408D.png
With this layout I have no problems alternating between English, Spanish and Italian and I miss very few special characters from ES layout.

zslane

05 Jan 2016, 19:01

The RGB(YO) kit would be cool, as long as it had an icon version...

f1xedgear

05 Jan 2016, 19:04

zslane wrote: The RGB(YO) kit would be cool, as long as it had an icon version...
It does:

Madhias
BS TORPE

05 Jan 2016, 21:01

Nice! I think I grab a modifier package, and this secondary legends set. Maybe a RGB set too. Oh my.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

05 Jan 2016, 21:35

Is the UK kit deliberately missing the "2 key so that the International kit is required too?
Spoiler:
ImageImage
The Common kit covers the |\, the Modifier kits the 1.25u shift and then the ISO enter completes everything else for UK.
Nice inclusion of the $4€ key by the way, that often seems to be neglected.

Mono Legend doesn't include _ (underscore), I think this is only key missing from the 1u shifted functions on US ANSI. A shame to miss it perhaps, but maybe not a huge problem.
Spoiler:
Arguably | (pipe) is missing too as it's included as 1u in the Common kit, but perhaps that would be a language option?

Other than these, all looks incredible! Looking forward to seeing how the Sindarin kit turns out! :o

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 21:51

facetsesame wrote: Is the UK kit deliberately missing the "2 key so that the International kit is required too?
no that would be an error, sorry.

Everything else missing in the monolegend is pretty superfluous methinks

zslane

05 Jan 2016, 22:35

Superfluous? Or conspicuously missing? I'm not sure how one goes about deciding that it is superfluous to provide both | and \ as monolegends, but not superfluous to provide both + and = as monolegends.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jan 2016, 22:51

I seem to recall that we had to keep the number of 1u under a certain number otherwise we incur in additional setup fees

Return to “Workshop”