Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

08 Nov 2017, 03:56

Felion wrote:What is happening w/ MD and the drop cancelations?
Wait, what?

kokokoy

08 Nov 2017, 04:26

Techno Trousers wrote:
Wait, what?
An error on their end. Got an email around it. Some orders have been cancelled / refunded and they we'll send out instructions shortly on how to order back. If you're one of the affected they'll provide you as well a $10 voucher.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

08 Nov 2017, 04:30

kokokoy wrote:
Techno Trousers wrote:
Wait, what?
An error on their end. Got an email around it. Some orders have been cancelled / refunded and they we'll send out instructions shortly on how to order back. If you're one of the affected they'll provide you as well a $10 voucher.
Okay, thanks. I saw that we could optionally cancel since it's now delayed until mid-December, but no way am I canceling unless forced to.

evoman

08 Nov 2017, 09:55

Were they all cancelled? I was shocked to see the refund email this morning. Hopefully they can quickly sort this out if it was an error

evoman

08 Nov 2017, 10:01

evoman wrote: Were they all cancelled? I was shocked to see the refund email this morning. Hopefully they can quickly sort this out if it was an error
And the worst part I see is that I lost £8 on their cancellation due to the drop in the value of the £! So any offer of a $10 voucher will barely cover what I lost, and so doesn't actually represent any sort of real compensation for my time they are wasting.

Rowethren

08 Nov 2017, 10:11

Indeed I lost £20! Really not impressed!!!

Felion

08 Nov 2017, 13:30

Well, the re-order-procedure will prolly be for the same amount.

Sure there can be some fluctuations in the Exchange rate the coming days: but that can go either way (provided you re-order ofc.)

Email from MD regarding the issue below FYI:
Hello -
If you are receiving this, you have been affected by an error in our system that caused some orders of the MT3 Custom Keycap Set to be cancelled and refunded by mistake. We’re sorry for this mistake and want you to know you’ll still be able to participate in this drop (your order was already placed and is being made) and we’re working on getting your transaction re-added to the drop.
To do this we have to reopen your transaction, so we will need your help to recapture payment - we will be in touch in the next couple days with specifics about this process.
We understand that this experience is not ideal and we assure you that we're taking these matters seriously. As a token of our apologies, we will be adding a $10 Massdrop coupon to your account within the next 48 hours. It will remain active for a year, during checkout it will automatically apply as a discount the next time you join a drop. Please note that it is good for one-time use which means that there won’t be a remaining balance.
Sorry again for the inconvenience. We’ll follow-up in the next couple days with details about recapturing payment

evoman

09 Nov 2017, 00:47

Honestly, I'm tempted to just not re-up when they finally manage to reinstate my order. I am really irritated that their error is going to cost me time and potentially money, especially after such a wait. You would think that a company would react more strongly and be more transparent when they screw up so badly.

Does anyone know if they ended up cancelling only a small set of orders or did this error affect everyone?

gogusrl

09 Nov 2017, 07:09

All I can tell you is that my order hasn't been canceled.

Felion

09 Nov 2017, 09:07

I'm down about $11.50 after the re-order ($1.50 if you count the $10 cupon).

Any other set and I wouldnt have re-ordered: but this set(!) it's a must have!

(Hopefully customer support will fix it: I've reached out to them regarding this)

Felion

10 Nov 2017, 09:16

..and MD gave me Another $12 refund: so Im up $0,5 :)
(let's do this Another 500-ish times ;) )

evoman

10 Nov 2017, 23:12

Felion wrote: I'm down about $11.50 after the re-order ($1.50 if you count the $10 cupon).

(Hopefully customer support will fix it: I've reached out to them regarding this)
Where did you find the $10 coupon? I cannot find it, but their email implies that it should have appeared in my account by now

Felion

10 Nov 2017, 23:42

evoman wrote:
Felion wrote: I'm down about $11.50 after the re-order ($1.50 if you count the $10 cupon).

Where did you find the $10 coupon? I cannot find it, but their email implies that it should have appeared in my account by now
It will show the next time you make an order (I suppose), try joining any drop and see if you get a discount?!

evoman

11 Nov 2017, 00:04

Felion wrote:
evoman wrote:

It will show the next time you make an order (I suppose), try joining any drop and see if you get a discount?!
So I cannot use it to recoup some of the money I lost on this one when I reauthorise the payment?

Felion

11 Nov 2017, 00:39

If you lost any money: Contact MD-support and they will refund you the loss (well, atleast they did for me: Im up $0,5+the $10 cupon!)

evoman

14 Nov 2017, 12:39

Felion wrote: If you lost any money: Contact MD-support and they will refund you the loss (well, atleast they did for me: Im up $0,5+the $10 cupon!)
Thanks - their support asked me to send screen shots of the two transactions to demonstrate the loss of funds and they say they will refund me after I redo the payment (which i have done, so am waiting for their partial refund). It seems insane that they would screw up so badly!

For most transactions I would have pulled out of the deal, but I really (really) want these keycaps (have my RF RGB in a box waiting for these to arrive!).

caligo

07 Dec 2017, 17:09

So, there are some rumblings in the comments on MD about how the Triumph colors look in the photos posted there recently. Matt3o, you wouldnt happpen to have any color samples of those? Something that could be photographed with a proper camera, instead of the potato that the manifacturer apparently used?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Dec 2017, 18:54

caligo wrote: So, there are some rumblings in the comments on MD about how the Triumph colors look in the photos posted there recently. Matt3o, you wouldnt happpen to have any color samples of those? Something that could be photographed with a proper camera, instead of the potato that the manifacturer apparently used?
I should get samples soon. I'll post pictures asap.

caligo

07 Dec 2017, 19:00

Cool. I'm not that worried myself as I can probably live with the neon look hinted at by some of those photos if that turns out to be how the caps actually look IRL, but apparently some people are not into that kind of thing. :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Dec 2017, 19:18

the TEAL color is probably the best of the whole set. The pictures taken from the Chinese factory are totally wrong (or they used a color it's not the one I told them....)

zslane

07 Dec 2017, 19:25

People who worry about the colors don't know matt3o at all. He's way too much of a perfectionist to allow bad/incorrect colors to go out the door.

caligo

07 Dec 2017, 19:30

zslane wrote: People who worry about the colors don't know matt3o at all. He's way too much of a perfectionist to allow bad/incorrect colors to go out the door.
Well, it is Massdrop after all. Them ordering a bazillion neon keycaps by mistake would probably do for a good Massdrama post. :D

On a more serious note, it's still nice to hear it from the man himself.

ullr

19 Jan 2018, 05:00

I have to ask — what is next for this profile?

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

19 Jan 2018, 06:05

ullr wrote:I have to ask — what is next for this profile?
Shh... Don't ask this until I have my /dev/tty in hand.

kokokoy

19 Jan 2018, 08:56

Techno Trousers wrote:
ullr wrote:I have to ask — what is next for this profile?
Shh... Don't ask this until I have my /dev/tty in hand.
Do you already have your shipping notification?

Slom

19 Jan 2018, 08:59

My tty caps started their journey two day ago :)

kokokoy

19 Jan 2018, 09:01

Slom wrote: My tty caps started their journey two day ago :)
Edit: misread that. Lucky!

Yeah saw that and all that new drama :lol: its just that I still haven't got mine.

zslane

19 Jan 2018, 18:41

ullr wrote: I have to ask — what is next for this profile?
Double-shot legends, I would imagine.

Oblotzky

24 Jan 2018, 16:39

It appears there was a change in font, which the Colevrak kit did not switch to?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... great_but/

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

24 Jan 2018, 17:37

Oblotzky wrote:It appears there was a change in font, which the Colevrak kit did not switch to?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... great_but/
Ooh, that's a bummer. I do like the bolder legends, though.

Return to “Workshop”