Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

Luna
Alt255

21 Mar 2018, 21:21

Phenix wrote:
Luna wrote:Damn, I’m already in for $585.
And I don’t want to decrease my order, I’m worried nothing as nice as this and the 7bit Honeywell caps in the higher profiles will come out for a long time. I don’t like most of the colors of keysets I see and I see little stuff coming out in higher profiles. And these are PBT dyesub, my preference.
Ah well, swallow the pill I guess.
what did you got, beige or triumph or both?

I will likely stick with some Sindarin and some mods for it as I am sure I most of the kits will be there in future runs..
Beige, enough for 2 boards and a Planck with a bunch of extras. I think i feel like my wife when she goes shopping for shoes. :mrgreen:

Lanza

22 Mar 2018, 10:56

matt3o wrote: We will be adding more kits in the coming days.

I'm pushing for a French kit too, but nobody seems to care :P
:cry:
And this is why I won't order one. :(
I'd like at least an AZERTY one, since BÉPO won't happen anytime soon...

But since official AZERTY is about to change, it may not be the right time to make some.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

22 Mar 2018, 23:39

Fuck it, I'm in.

ullr

25 Mar 2018, 08:13

I spent over $100 just on blanks this time around...

If more PBT blanks were made in this profile I would pay a crazy margin for them. Red, white, yellow, black...

zslane

25 Mar 2018, 18:09

I know how you feel, Luna, I spent the same amount on /dev/tty the first time around, and this time around I bought the Elven kit. It is a lot of money to spend on keycaps, but these MT3 caps are just fantastic. I can't wait to see what other colorways/designs come out in MT3 in the future.

Now if only I could remember why on god's green earth I bought two RGBY and CMYK kits. I have a feeling it was a mistake. If anyone needs an RGBY or CMYK kit, let me know.

Luna
Alt255

25 Mar 2018, 22:30

From the RGBY and CMYK I wanted to buy two of each as well at first but then tuned the order down to one of each.

Oblotzky

29 Mar 2018, 16:49

Fantastic work matt3o ;)

mcmaxmcmc

01 Jul 2018, 02:23

Is this project dead or is it still going? I was just surfing around and saw this thread.

Myoth

01 Jul 2018, 02:59

mcmaxmcmc wrote: Is this project dead or is it still going? I was just surfing around and saw this thread.
it's finished, a group buy has been run and shipped, I think a next round is coming soon

mcmaxmcmc

01 Jul 2018, 03:07

I hope the 3rd round is coming out soon. I wish these comes with blanks too. (A custom dye-sub on these will be awesome!)

EDIT: 3rd Round, apparently.
Last edited by mcmaxmcmc on 02 Jul 2018, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

UnFocused

01 Jul 2018, 18:51

The second round on Massdrop closed sometime in March or April, I believe. Shipping is supposed to happen in late July.

mcmaxmcmc

02 Jul 2018, 06:52

Alright, I'll edit my previous comment to 3rd Round then xD. But seriously though, blanks of this profile would be amazing!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jul 2018, 07:57

we might add more blanks in round 3

Laser
emacs -nw

07 Aug 2018, 16:37

Next color scheme / theme ? :P (suggestion)
As alien as the Altair’s interface is to us today, it was not unusual for its time. The PDP-8, for example, had a similar binary input mechanism on its front panel, though the PDP-8’s switches were nicer and colored in that attractive orange and yellow color scheme that really ought to make a comeback.
(quote source: https://twobithistory.org/2018/07/22/da ... puter.html )

zslane

07 Aug 2018, 19:03

To do that properly, you'd want the legends to be white, and I don't think MT3 can do double-shot yet.

Laser
emacs -nw

07 Aug 2018, 19:07

zslane wrote: To do that properly, you'd want the legends to be white, and I don't think MT3 can do double-shot yet.
Agree, yet I remember this thread :)

zslane

07 Aug 2018, 19:59

Right, but the samples weren't MT3, were they?

Laser
emacs -nw

07 Aug 2018, 20:08

This doesn't mean they couldn't be, in the future, right? In any case, just wishful thinking from my part, when reading that article.

Muirium
µ

07 Aug 2018, 20:10

What’s MT3? Matteo’s beamspring enhanced profile?

In any case, reverse dyesub is killer. I’d have to hold off for the Topre edition or dyesub trying…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Aug 2018, 20:40

we can't do reverse dyesub on MT3 but we are working on double shot (albeit ABS)

Drecandlere

09 Aug 2018, 10:12

it isn't possible

Laser
emacs -nw

09 Aug 2018, 11:33

Drecandlere wrote: it isn't possible
Are you trying to just increase your post count? :P

hansichen

09 Aug 2018, 11:43

Laser wrote:
Drecandlere wrote: it isn't possible
Are you trying to just increase your post count? :P
It's a spam account which posted some advertisment earlier today. I guess they wanna look more legit with some higher post count

Laser
emacs -nw

09 Aug 2018, 12:06

Ah, now I don't know if that's better or worse than trying to inflate post count to buy something from a thread that requires it :)

Return to “Workshop”