Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Apr 2017, 17:27

oh I see what you mean. Sorry that is an oversight. The numpad has both R4 and R5 enter keys. In my defense MD told me to finalize the kits few hours before the drop went live.

kokokoy

18 Apr 2017, 17:32

matt3o wrote: oh I see what you mean. Sorry that is an oversight. The numpad has both R4 and R5 enter keys. In my defense MD told me to finalize the kits few hours before the drop went live.
No worries. :)

Menuhin

18 Apr 2017, 18:46

zslane wrote: Excellent kits.

Will there be icon mods for the bottom row and the nav cluster keys?
Please have icon mod options in the future rounds.
I have grown to like/love/accept (almost) only the choice of icons in the DSA Granite set - which is the creation of Matt3o.

Phenomenal drop by the way, I wonder who are some of the kings and queens of mechanical keyboard massdrops. For sure Matt3o is definitely one of them.

zslane

18 Apr 2017, 18:50

matt3o wrote:
zslane wrote: I'm kinda bummed there are no R3 arrow keys. I like to put arrows on R2/R3 on 60% boards where key clusters like IJKL or PL;' serve as arrow keys with the FN key held down.
remember that our R3 is not flat (if that is what you are after)
No, I am looking for arrow keys that can replace the J,K,L keys, which I believe are R3 in this keycap family. You already have an R2 up-arrow key that I can put in place of the "I" key on my Pok3r, but it needs the other three arrow keys to go with it in place of JKL.

Like this:
blue_granite_ipad.png
blue_granite_ipad.png (448.21 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
This photo also demonstrates the beauty of icon mods and mono-legends. Having the above in /dev/tty would have been simply awesome.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Apr 2017, 19:51

oooh okay I see what you mean. that would be too much to ask I guess. if all major kits hit the 1000 mark I may try to push some extra novelties, but it seems the drop should end around 3000 kits sold so I don't think I will be able to do much.

PS: nice config you have in that board :)

Phenix
-p

18 Apr 2017, 20:03

Unfortunately we miss some keys for ergodox, I could have released it with R5 1.5u, but I don't like half-finished things, I preferred to postpone the ergodox to better times.
I can understand that, tough I would have loved to see an dox kit in this round :evil:

jakllsch

18 Apr 2017, 21:46

What does the profile for the 2U vertical numpad keys look like next to the 1U keys?

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

18 Apr 2017, 22:08

I'm really interested to see the breakdown on number of orders placed per kit when all is said and done.

Sythe

19 Apr 2017, 04:48

@Matt3o: I was scrolling through the comments on Massdrop and noticed someone pointed out that there was no ISO support for the RGB/CMY sets either.
So had me thinking, would it be possible to do a Tab/Caps Lock/ISO Enter RGB/CMY kit instead of trying to fit more into the current kits?
I don't know, probably grasping at straws here, but really just hoping I can avoid spending $40-50 for 2 keys if I want to go RGB/CMY kit for a 60%, lol.

consolation

19 Apr 2017, 05:30

Is there any chance of having the cyrillic star added to the novelties? (I think not having red latin alphas is a missed opportunity :-( )

FSund

19 Apr 2017, 11:46

Sythe wrote: @Matt3o: I was scrolling through the comments on Massdrop and noticed someone pointed out that there was no ISO support for the RGB/CMY sets either.
So had me thinking, would it be possible to do a Tab/Caps Lock/ISO Enter RGB/CMY kit instead of trying to fit more into the current kits?
I don't know, probably grasping at straws here, but really just hoping I can avoid spending $40-50 for 2 keys if I want to go RGB/CMY kit for a 60%, lol.
Tab and Caps Lock would RGB/CMY would definitely be nice, as well as the ISO enter.

Although the only key that's really missing from the RGB/CMY kits for full ISO support is the enter key.

Sythe

19 Apr 2017, 11:53

FSund wrote:
Sythe wrote: @Matt3o: I was scrolling through the comments on Massdrop and noticed someone pointed out that there was no ISO support for the RGB/CMY sets either.
Tab and Caps Lock would RGB/CMY would definitely be nice, as well as the ISO enter.

Although the only key that's really missing from the RGB/CMY kits for full ISO support is the enter key.
Yeah, thats what I thought. Was just throwing out an idea to try and complete the RGB/CMY support without trying to cram them in with the current set. Even if it was like $10 just for those 3 keys, I would be much more willing to pay that, then have to get the mods kit just for a couple of keys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Apr 2017, 13:19

if all the major sets pass the 1000 mark I'll try to add more keys without altering the current pricing.

Sythe

19 Apr 2017, 14:14

Awesome.

Which sets make up the major sets group?
I'm assuming its the base + 2 mod colour groups?

FearsomeCubedWarrior

19 Apr 2017, 14:44

matt3o wrote:
FearsomeCubedWarrior wrote: I'm interested, will it hit Canvas in terms of purchased or not?
no idea how much Canvas sold :)
It made 5310 total for 27 kits.
This GB has already made more than half of this with less kits, so I guess this GB might beat Canvas one.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Apr 2017, 15:27

I'm only about doing good things that I like, I honestly don't care much about those numbers.

FearsomeCubedWarrior

19 Apr 2017, 15:30

matt3o wrote: I'm only about doing good things that I like, I honestly don't care much about those numbers.
It's just sport, I guess. And this numbers do affect the final price for buyers.

Anyway, I can't be enough thankful for your contribution: your hand-wired KB manual got me in to this rabbit hole.

zslane

19 Apr 2017, 19:14

Yeah, matt3o has been the gateway for many of us. It was an old blog article of his from some years back that first introduced me to the name Signature Plastics and the whole idea of building a custom keyboard. And his keypuller.com website (still waiting for that to come back to life, BTW) has been instrumental in keeping me inspired.

Ray

19 Apr 2017, 21:00

not supposed to sound too salty: is there a link where I can see what massdrop offers in this case?

zslane

19 Apr 2017, 21:03

Oblotzky

20 Apr 2017, 00:07

Looks very nice! I really dig the CMY color addon, but I might wait for Round 2 in the hopes of more interesting alphas such as Image

I'm actually not sure if these have a name? 7bit has them for his round orders too.

zslane

20 Apr 2017, 00:23

Yeah, I was lobbying for a richer shade of beige (more brown) too, but the lighter tone of /dev/tty will reach a broader audience I think.

Man, those are some amazing sphericals there!

Eszett

20 Apr 2017, 00:24

I have a question. The International Kit misses all the AltGr-Characters on the Keycaps, like
firefox_2017-04-20_00-23-09.png
firefox_2017-04-20_00-23-09.png (39.02 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
How is that?

zslane

20 Apr 2017, 00:25

I think matt3o removed the tertiary legends in order to cover more languages with a single kit.

obfuscated

20 Apr 2017, 01:08

@matt3o: Do you know if the molds are made with a fixed stem or the mx stem could be swapped with an alps or some other stem like with the SP's molds?

Oblotzky

20 Apr 2017, 01:35

zslane wrote: Yeah, I was lobbying for a richer shade of beige (more brown) too, but the lighter tone of /dev/tty will reach a broader audience I think.

Man, those are some amazing sphericals there!
Ah, I ment the legends :) I already have single characters on all other boards, would like to spice things up.

e_l_tang

20 Apr 2017, 02:15

matt3o wrote: Unfortunately we miss some keys for ergodox, I could have released it with R5 1.5u, but I don't like half-finished things, I preferred to postpone the ergodox to better times.
So does that mean you were able to get convex thumb keycaps made for the Planck?

SL89

20 Apr 2017, 06:36

When did they make it so you had to login or have an account to see prices... come on MassDrop

Laser
emacs -nw

20 Apr 2017, 11:46

matt3o wrote: if all the major sets pass the 1000 mark I'll try to add more keys without altering the current pricing.
Hear hear!

Laser
emacs -nw

20 Apr 2017, 14:51

Return to “Workshop”