Granite Round 4 design update

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Dec 2015, 12:23

In few days MD will run a new batch of Granite. I believe this will be the last one and I want to make it special.

If you have any request to make it better, this is the right time!

PLEASE note that I can't do anything about Signature Plastics QC, so apart from that, the sky is the limit.

Particularly I'd like some input regarding the Ergodox kit. Is there anything we can do to perfect it?

Also. The set will include a new language never done before, that is already decided and I'll show you the mockups in few hours.

Thanks!

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Dec 2015, 12:35

Great! Maybe I'll get some caps again, I ordered in the first round, and in the second one.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

30 Dec 2015, 12:44

include cyrillic alphas and then I am happy

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Dec 2015, 12:47

hypkx wrote: include cyrillic alphas and then I am happy
sorry, we already had that :P :)

scottc

30 Dec 2015, 12:50

Awesome, thanks matt3o. This time I definitely want to get in on the Icon Pro Mods and ISO kits to have a really complete set. I can't wait to see the language kit. Thanks for all your hard work!

Ps: I am insanely lucky to have gotten a Cyrillic kit from matt3o himself for my granite R2 sets. I was a poor student for R1 so I missed out on them. The Cyrillic kit is really beautiful though, so I'm doubly excited for the new language kit. :D

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 Dec 2015, 13:58

Hooray!

t8c

30 Dec 2015, 14:36

International kits with R1 style black and blue legends.

Padlock icon caps lock!

chalks

30 Dec 2015, 15:14

A white fox key

Esc and arrow keys not just in blue but orange and yellow too.

Numpad digits and symbols on U, I, O, P, J, K, L, ;, N and M for a numpad embedded in the main area of a board.

pcaro

30 Dec 2015, 15:27

Spanish, Please, I miss my Ñ

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Dec 2015, 16:01

pcaro wrote: Spanish, Please, I miss my Ñ
Spanish is already supported.

We will have a whitefox key of course :)

Crossfire

30 Dec 2015, 18:59

Because you're a leader of that drop and a fellow European at the same time, would it be possible to somehow "proxy" or reroute some sets for us? That way I'd have no problem ordering more than really what's necessary. Else the taxes and customs will eat up way too much money because of shipping from beloved USA. :/

SL89

30 Dec 2015, 19:09

If the whitefox key is in the mix then I have to request an ‽ (interrobang) symbol

zslane

30 Dec 2015, 19:17

I'd like to see arrow chevrons as secondary legends on the IJKL keys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Dec 2015, 19:36

zslane wrote: I'd like to see arrow chevrons as secondary legends on the IJKL keys.
chalks wrote: A white fox key

Esc and arrow keys not just in blue but orange and yellow too.

Numpad digits and symbols on U, I, O, P, J, K, L, ;, N and M for a numpad embedded in the main area of a board.
these two might be nice. Let's see what I can do.

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2015, 20:57

Nice ideas. Another step towards Infinite Granite!

Of course you can guess my suggestion for this round's exclusuve kit: full Greek sublegends!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 Dec 2015, 21:00

I'd love an XMIT key. :ugeek:

Maybe I'll contact SP about making some double shot DSA profile XMIT keys. I'll add it to my list of projects.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

30 Dec 2015, 22:56

Crossfire wrote: Because you're a leader of that drop and a fellow European at the same time, would it be possible to somehow "proxy" or reroute some sets for us? That way I'd have no problem ordering more than really what's necessary. Else the taxes and customs will eat up way too much money because of shipping from beloved USA. :/
Thats also a good idea, in general Massdrop-EU is good idea, but I think that in near future nothing like this will happen. Maybe someone who run/work for a international operating company can do the importing process, like at the Triumph Adler gb.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Dec 2015, 23:41

they are actually open to that possibility, but we need someone in EU who can fulfill all the orders.

KRKS

31 Dec 2015, 10:40

Wasn't the first round supposed to be the last one? And then the second one? I didn't follow the third one, but if it followed the pattern then I suppose the set should be named "YALB"(Yet Another Last Batch) at this point.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Dec 2015, 11:09

This might be the missing language

Regarding the "last one".

I do not usually repeat my designs. I didn't want to run a round 2, but I was said to be "selfish" and that the community wanted more, so I agreed on R2. I wasn't planning on R3 because I thought people had enough, but I basically received a "please run an R3" every other day. My plan would be to release a very special R4 with unique kits, then let SP have the set always available but with only a very limited set of kits (base+mods+pro), but I haven't actually talked with SP about it yet so it might be pure fantasy.

I'm really fed up of this "you said it would be", because this was a community effort and who the fuck am I to keep it for myself if the community wants more? Don't think for a moment that I'm speculating on this, because only SP and MD are making real money on the Granite.

beltet

31 Dec 2015, 12:30

I would love a specific White Fox kit. So those who ordered whitefox just can get that one. But maybe the other kits will have problem if it was like that?

I would also love to have a green fn key that goes with the RGB shift. Two preferred because I use split shift at both sides to have a fn key for both hands. Especially good to have when I hold my baby in one hand.

EDIT: I think a separate FN kit would be the best. Fn keys in different colours like green, red, yellow, blue.
So that those who ordered RGB kits before can order fn keys without buying the RGB again.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Dec 2015, 12:41

I don't think we will have RGB kits this time. I'm checking new color schemes

Dan

31 Dec 2015, 13:47

Oh man, my wallet will hate me for this. Granite is my favorite set (so elegant retro-modern!) and i was sad that i missed all the past sales. It seems now is my chance to finally get one!

beltet

31 Dec 2015, 16:45

matt3o wrote: I don't think we will have RGB kits this time. I'm checking new color schemes
Really nice with new schemes. Looking forward to it.

zslane

31 Dec 2015, 17:18

Okay, this goes against everything I believe in, but I just might have to get a Tengwar kit if it gets made.

Since there won't be any RGB mods (re-)run this time around, I don't suppose you have a spare set of the yellow/orange mods you'd be willing to sell to me, would you Matt3o?

SL89

31 Dec 2015, 17:20

Holy shit, the tengwar set. Damn.

Also matt3o, don't take any guff from these animals, they decried you when it was a one time only and now they bitch that its an ongoing thing. keep doing what you feel is right and fuck the haters.

Dan

31 Dec 2015, 17:24

matt3o wrote: I'm checking new color schemes
May i suggest the blueish color from the original HAL 9000 logo? :geek: I think the mods will look great in that color, combined with the default light grey of the alphas and maybe some red or black for the Esc.
The color is similar to SP's BFF, BFV or BFW.

SL89

31 Dec 2015, 17:29

That would be a very cool colorway in its own right.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

31 Dec 2015, 18:22

Dan wrote:
matt3o wrote: I'm checking new color schemes
May i suggest the blueish color from the original HAL 9000 logo? :geek: I think the mods will look great in that color, combined with the default light grey of the alphas and maybe some red or black for the Esc.
The color is similar to SP's BFF, BFV or BFW.
That is a very nice color way, but just to be clear, I'm not planning to change the core colors, just the accent.
zslane wrote: Okay, this goes against everything I believe in, but I just might have to get a Tengwar kit if it gets made.

Since there won't be any RGB mods (re-)run this time around, I don't suppose you have a spare set of the yellow/orange mods you'd be willing to sell to me, would you Matt3o?
I'm afraid not, sorry.

Muirium
µ

31 Dec 2015, 18:26

That HAL scheme has doubleshot written all over it, anyway.

Tengwar… hmm. It's not quite Greek. But it is surely Geek. Keep that whole alpha block intact and you've got yourself yet another repeat buyer!

Return to “Workshop”