Keycap sand blasting

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Feb 2017, 08:57

Hop on Telegram, I made some videos while sandblasting that might give you an impression of the dimensions. Just too lazy to upload them on youtube ...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Feb 2018, 09:45

Finally did another blasting session last night and the results were once again incredible. I found it to be very nice to partially duct-tape a very shiny cap before blasting and then remove the tape afterwards to get a direct display of the results.

clee

17 Mar 2018, 10:33

God dammit, am I going to have to get a sandblasting cabinet? It looks like the answer is yes. My GMK sets are getting so shiny from use...

Does anybody have a recommendation on any way to prevent the ABS shine, after sandblasting? I'd like to retain that rough texture for as long as possible before needing to sandblast again.

toniwonkanobi

31 Aug 2023, 17:03

Hey wodan! Tried DMing, but Deskthority DMs are retarded for me it seems. How important is the CFM of the compressor used? My little 6 gallon compressor in my garage can do like 2.3 CFM @ 90 PSI, but maybe that would be enough? I tried finding the CFM for the compressor you linked, but couldn't figure out what your's is.

Muirium
µ

31 Aug 2023, 17:29

If your DM is staying in the outbox, it's because Wodan hasn't read it. Click on a user's profile and you'll see when they last logged in.

DM email notifications are completely broken though. So he won't know you've written until he happens to log in again.

toniwonkanobi

31 Aug 2023, 18:15

Muirium wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 17:29
If your DM is staying in the outbox, it's because Wodan hasn't read it. Click on a user's profile and you'll see when they last logged in.

DM email notifications are completely broken though. So he won't know you've written until he happens to log in again.
Ahh. Thanks for that explanation!

Return to “Workshop”