HHKB anti slip pads

cookie

26 Apr 2016, 00:34

Hello folks,

I came up with an little Idea how to make really nice anti slip pads for an HHKB or other boards.
The main inspiration was my HHKB Pro1 restoration build, where I cut off the plastic pimple on the back and filled the gaps of the silicon pads. After that I've glued some massive pads, cut out from an old mousepad.

For all those who are not willing to irreversibly modify their case, I came up with the following solution.

As you can see the pimple stays under the hole and the silicon pads are surrounded by the pad. But keep in mind that you need a slightly thicker mousepad so that the plastic pimple and the stock silicon pad is underneath it. I have used an used Steelseries QCK.
  • What you need:
  • Old Mousepad (careful it must be thick enough)
  • Double-Sided Tape
  • X-Acto Knife
  • Download & Print this PDF: ... todo ...
TODO: I will edit a PDF with the templates so that you can print & cut it yourself.

iAmAhab

26 Apr 2016, 00:39

Is the anti slip still effective when the feet are in use? I personally always use the lowest feet.

cookie

26 Apr 2016, 00:43

Unfortunately the anti slip pads are not that effective with raised feet. I haven't thought out a solution for that because I never use them.

emdude
Model M Apologist

26 Apr 2016, 00:52

Neat idea! As for use with raised feet, would taping the pads onto the bottoms of the feet work?

cookie

26 Apr 2016, 09:42

I am afraid that this won't be that easy, my solution is best for people who don't raise the feet but I will try to figure something out. The results are amazing :D It feels like glued to the table.

Return to “Workshop”