Alps matias switch top removal tool

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 04:41

I have developed this tool over on GH and wanted to share with more of the community so here goes.

This project had an open source component over on GH (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79766.0) in case you want to make your own but I also make and sell them. I'm on v2 which I haven't made open source but I'll post pics of both. If you are interested please let me know. I'm ConUS but I will ship world wide.
OS v1
V2

Chyros

25 May 2016, 10:28

I'm still up for an acrylic one :p .

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 15:57

Chyros wrote: I'm still up for an acrylic one :p .
i need to send you a gift package with all sorts of stuff.

(forgive me ive been so busy and things have been crazy. i'm sending you a PM right now :? )

scottc

25 May 2016, 16:04

I'd love one of these too if possible, they look great! Opening Alps switches can be a little tricky.

Alkhar

25 May 2016, 16:18

Any chance that this could be a bigger and kind shaped in a X so you you can press at the end from the tool so that the teeth of the tool "unlock" the switch ?

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 16:22

Alkhar wrote: Any chance that this could be a bigger and kind shaped in a X so you you can press at the end from the tool so that the teeth of the tool "unlock" the switch ?
i'm not sure i follow. like scissors? or tongs? :|

Abstractions

25 May 2016, 17:15

I am defiantly in for one.

scottc

25 May 2016, 17:39

Shipping is pretty steep for these guys. Anyone in the EU up for a mini-GB?

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 17:46

yeah sorry. if anyone knows of ways to get the shipping cheap i'm happy to listen. looks like 13-15 is pretty standard for EMEA from US. or at least thats what i've found.

fohat
Elder Messenger

25 May 2016, 18:24

If you put it as an insert in a cardboard cut-out so that it could go as an "envelope" rather than a "package" it would be a lot cheaper.

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 18:32

Abstractions wrote: I am defiantly in for one.
i tried to PM you but its sitting in my outbox and i have no idea why
fohat wrote: If you put it as an insert in a cardboard cut-out so that it could go as an "envelope" rather than a "package" it would be a lot cheaper.
biggest concern is dammage during shipping. but i know what your saying. would be worth a try if your interested scottc

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 18:35

just checked and based on the thickness even a small envelope that doesn't bend easily is classified as a package and costs the same :/

Alkhar

25 May 2016, 20:50

MrBishop wrote:
Alkhar wrote: Any chance that this could be a bigger and kind shaped in a X so you you can press at the end from the tool so that the teeth of the tool "unlock" the switch ?
i'm not sure i follow. like scissors? or tongs? :|
Yeah or like a circlips pliers.

MrBishop

25 May 2016, 21:46

The current design seems to do really well but I'm ever evolving it so I will take this idea into consideration [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fohat
Elder Messenger

25 May 2016, 22:15

Alkhar wrote:
Any chance that this could be a bigger and kind shaped in a X so you you can press at the end from the tool so that the teeth of the tool "unlock" the switch ?
The wedge shape of the prongs simply pops the switch body open. There is really no need for moving parts.

pyrelink

26 May 2016, 08:37

I would very much like one of these as well!

MrBishop

26 May 2016, 13:59

since my PM's are being funky here please email me bishopcomputerdesign@gmail.com if you are interested in a tool!

scottc

26 May 2016, 14:03

I can explain the outbox weirdness. That's where your message sits while you wait for the recipient to read it. Don't worry about it. :)

MrBishop

26 May 2016, 22:02

OoooOooooooh got it

andrewjoy

26 May 2016, 22:49

I want one

MrBishop

27 May 2016, 02:05

Anyone interested in a tool please use this link http://goo.gl/forms/QYNVeKBaPpJqwjJ03 and fill out the form!

any questions please email me directly (bishopcomputerdesign@gmail.com)

Zombimuncha

01 Jun 2016, 06:14

Hi, I'm getting one of these and I'm in London. Anyone want to combine shipping across the ditch, then I re-ship to you, or you re-ship to me?

MrBishop

01 Jun 2016, 16:17

Zombimuncha wrote: Hi, I'm getting one of these and I'm in London. Anyone want to combine shipping across the ditch, then I re-ship to you, or you re-ship to me?
this is a great solution to many of you guys's shipping issues. i can't do much about the shipping costs a mini group buy is an awesome idea. thank you so much Zombinuncha for offering to do this. please let me know your total order and we will go from there :mrgreen:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Jun 2016, 16:19

Interesting, I'd like to see a video of it in action please.

MrBishop

01 Jun 2016, 16:44

seebart wrote: Interesting, I'd like to see a video of it in action please.
i'll see what i can do when i get home in 7-8hrs

MrBishop

03 Jun 2016, 19:44

per request

Zombimuncha

06 Jun 2016, 12:52

bump!

I'll leave this mini-GB open until next Monday, 13th June.
I guess since I have such a lot post count on DT there may be a trust issue. I hang out mostly on r/mk, and a little on GH, so you can check my post history there if you want. Also I bought some switches from 7bit a while back so maybe if you ask him nicely he might tell you whether or not I paid on time etc.

MrBishop what's the shipping weight when individually packaged? So I can look up how much it'd cost to send from London to wherever.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Jun 2016, 12:54

MrBishop wrote:
per request
Thanks for posting that! OK I'm interested in one, pricing?

MrBishop

06 Jun 2016, 15:29

seebart wrote:
MrBishop wrote:
per request
Thanks for posting that! OK I'm interested in one, pricing?
No problem. They are 15$USE each plus shipping. Conus is 6 international depends.

Zombimuncha

12 Jun 2016, 19:26

last day for euro mini-GB. I'm ordering mine tomorrow whether you want to combine shipping with me or not.

Return to “Workshop”