Help With G80-3700 (1996 5 Pin DIN)

nafsasp

26 Aug 2016, 00:02

Edit Sorry if this isn't the right place, saw another post in here asking for some help with a build so I thought it was appropriate. Let me know if this should be moved to another forum.

Hey, I hope someone on here has some ideas for how to get my G80-3700 keypad to work with a modern computer. I purchased it recently from a seller in the Netherlands and love the board. I've already replaced the stock switches with lubed vintage MX Blacks and clipped/lubed the stabilizers.

http://imgur.com/a/ciKqY

So, here's the problem. When I plug the keypad into my computer (5 pin DIN to PS/2 adapter + Active PS/2 to USB converter) the LED on the Num Lock key flashes, but the board doesn't register (except for one time on my Mac, but haven't been able to get it to work again).

From what I've read (wiki/Cherry_G80-3700) this keypad might require a keyboard plugged in through the pass through port, but I really would like to avoid that as I use newer custom keyboards and don't have anything to go through the pass through port. I've tried plugging the keypad in with the computer off then booting it, and by just plugging it in "hot" with the computer already booted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kalrand

23 Nov 2016, 15:25

I know this is more anecdotal than anything else, but every version I've run into with a DIN socket needed to be plugged into a keyboard to work.

Return to “Workshop”