nsmechkb

06 Apr 2018, 23:06

This is great to see! Nice work!

JP!

06 Apr 2018, 23:30

Very cool. I think I just came.

Ir0n

07 Apr 2018, 00:43

Didn't someone also make a replacement PCB for one of the beamers not to long ago?

*-* custom beamspring boards soon...

__red__

07 Apr 2018, 01:06

Ir0n wrote: Didn't someone also make a replacement PCB for one of the beamers not to long ago?
Yeah, I did that too. I'm waiting patiently for @JP! to finish the beamdesk :-D

DMA

07 Apr 2018, 02:42

Make it MX-compatible. Because even if you manage to repeat the beamspring switch - where you'll get the keycaps? Don't tell me you'll print those too. Printed ones are shit :)

codemonkeymike

07 Apr 2018, 02:43

DMA wrote: Make it MX-compatible. Because even if you manage to repeat the beamspring switch - where you'll get the keycaps? Don't tell me you'll print those too. Printed ones are shit :)
Selectrics... if you can live with that layout.

DMA

07 Apr 2018, 02:46

Also there should be a place for RGB LED!

__red__

07 Apr 2018, 04:27

I might be negotiating with a local chemical etching company to work on the metal side... I actually successfully 3D printed a full beamspring & flyplate out of plastic, but the response wasn't fast enough to actually be used. Shame.

When I build my first prototypes I'll probably just drop copper tape on the bottom of the 3D printed flyplate instead of doing stupid carbon/resin stuff.

DMA

07 Apr 2018, 08:40

__red__ wrote: I might be negotiating with a local chemical etching company to work on the metal side... I actually successfully 3D printed a full beamspring & flyplate out of plastic, but the response wasn't fast enough to actually be used. Shame.

When I build my first prototypes I'll probably just drop copper tape on the bottom of the 3D printed flyplate instead of doing stupid carbon/resin stuff.
foam and foil even!

Ir0n

07 Apr 2018, 12:20

__red__ wrote:
Ir0n wrote: Didn't someone also make a replacement PCB for one of the beamers not to long ago?
Yeah, I did that too. I'm waiting patiently for @JP! to finish the beamdesk :-D
Oh.. :oops: You and DMA are all over the place with your fancy new stuff.

:> Thank you for your contributions to the community ..both of you!

Return to “Workshop”