Pictures of my PC cabinet 3d model based on IBM terminals.

PlacaFromHell

01 Aug 2018, 02:52

Nothing much to say, this will be fucking humongous. IBM logo looks a bit weird because of the angle.

xxhellfirexx

01 Aug 2018, 04:49

Have a read through this article to improve the curves.
https://hackernoon.com/apples-icons-hav ... 3a2d57f5db

PlacaFromHell

01 Aug 2018, 04:59

Looks like Solidworks can do that, but will need a new model

Engicoder

01 Aug 2018, 13:45

I love this! I like where you are headed. Please update this thread as you progress.

HuBandiT

01 Aug 2018, 19:30

What will this do/how will this be used?

SolidWorks can do curvature continuous fillets since 2015-2017ish - simply choose that option when creating the fillet.

(I'll leave the flamewar on actual contributions of Apple on the topic of curvature continuous curves - let's just say the original motivation behind them was not aesthetics, as anyone ever having driven down a rad/highway with curves will attest to.)

However, it remains a question whether IBM actually used such or simple rounded (circular) fillets in their design, and then it is up to you as a designer to ultimately decide which one to go with, keep tradition or "go with the wind of industry trends" (as anyone ever having used IBM ThinkPads only to be frustrated by the ergonomics and aesthetics of modern Lenovo ThinkPads will attest to).

PlacaFromHell

01 Aug 2018, 23:37

For diverse reasons I need a new PC cabinet and this thing will mix perfect with my 3101 or my XT. Maybe I'll add more hardware because of the free space, like a tester or some speakers.

PlacaFromHell

04 Aug 2018, 23:10

I'm done for now. The details will be added when I get the real one. It's for a 18 inches screen (and obviously all the PC components), I hate too big screens for some reason.

Here is the model for everyone who wants it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _v2.SLDPRT

Return to “Workshop”