Finally a proper case for the Vortex ViBE

AJM

02 Mar 2020, 22:51

You’re probably referring to the limited kits, that are currently available on drop ("TKL", "65 %", "1800").
My kits are from the two original "drops", that had a lot more options like "Extra Mods", "International", the "Triumph" colour, and so on.
(BTW: There is a new drop with the full variety in preparation at the moment.)

Aetasserenus

03 Mar 2020, 09:20

I see!

I'll have to keep my garde up to not miss that one'

AJM

12 Jul 2020, 14:37

After trying out the MT3 Godspeed set, I thought I might post a picture with all used MT3 colourways, so far. The alphas on the last one are /dev/tty, though, not Godspeed, because their yellow/brownish colour just didn't work with my "marbled" case.

ViBEs-all.jpg
ViBEs-all.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 543 times
Apollo.jpg
Apollo.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 543 times

On this occasion I also changed the fixed (to the case) cable to a magnetic one (like I had already done on the "evenly retrobrited" case). This time with a neat little white plastic trim.

ViBE2-connector.jpg
ViBE2-connector.jpg (313.64 KiB) Viewed 543 times

I love these magnetic cables. So easy to use and you don't have to worry about wearing out connectors or to damage them - should you yank on the cable by accident.

The only problem I encountered so far: Why in the name of all that's holy are there no WHITE USB cables with magnetic connectors - anywhere?? The best I could find are silver textile ones (which look a bit cheap).

Return to “Workshop”