Need help making a firmware for my apple iic project (Rewards available) : closed

ZedTheMan

23 Jun 2019, 20:35

Hello Deskthority!

For a while now I have been planning a project, an NKRO rewiring of the Apple-IIc keyboard, to be placed in a custom chassis that I designed alongside ChaoticEngineering, and lasercut by Red.

Just yesterday I finally got to rewiring the original matrix with diodes, with some minor changes.

I also created a firmware for it, or, rather, I tried to. You see, the matrix is somewhat odd, and the wirings and pin -mappings with the teensy2++ are a bit unique. With QMK configurator, I can't seem to find a way to import the keyboard layout editor files for it, nor to edit the matrix and pin mappings. With kbfirmware, I was able to get everything to my liking, pin mapping and all, but, unfortunately, they no longer have compilation on their own website, and I can't figure out how to compile the firmware without that.

This is where I ask for help. Here I will provide the .json file kbfirmware.com provided me for my configuration. What I am looking for is for someone to successfully edit this to be importable and compilable with qmk configurator, or to compile this into a flashable .hex file and teach me how to do so, or to otherwise recreate it so it can be compiled. To see more information from the .json file, import it into kbfirmware.com for a visual kinda view of it.

But why should you help that feckless ZedTheMan fellow? What's in it for ME?

Well, I'm glad you asked, because there will be a reward of your choice to the person who can help me! (Just pay shipping)

I have a few artisans/novelties of your choice, they are pictured below. I also have pictures of my current wiring.

Here is a link to the .json file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwzppwvcw92af ... .json?dl=0

As for the novelties/artisans/unique caps, pick one from any of the pictures below:
Attachments
0623191329-min.jpg
0623191329-min.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 2357 times
0623191328-min.jpg
0623191328-min.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 2357 times
JPEG_20190623_121200.jpg
JPEG_20190623_121200.jpg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 2357 times
Last edited by ZedTheMan on 24 Jun 2019, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jun 2019, 21:29

It's times like these I wish I knew more about programming. That might change after July however.

Good luck with your project, I have a couple ii's I need to do something with as well.

ZedTheMan

23 Jun 2019, 21:32

Redmaus wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 21:29
It's times like these I wish I knew more about programming. That might change after July however.

Good luck with your project, I have a couple ii's I need to do something with as well.
If you want to go down this route I can provide some files for my case and such and a link to the retroconnector project and firmwares. I got that working originally but wanted NKRO and didn't like how certain key combinations caused additional keys to be pressed, so here I am today.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jun 2019, 21:36

ZedTheMan wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 21:32
If you want to go down this route I can provide some files for my case and such and a link to the retroconnector project and firmwares. I got that working originally but wanted NKRO and didn't like how certain key combinations caused additional keys to be pressed, so here I am today.
I might, do you have any pics of your current progress with the handwire and case?

ZedTheMan

23 Jun 2019, 21:41

Here's a picture of the handwire. I honestly don't recommend it but dammit I have a plan and I want to see it through.

As for the case, I will pm you with files. It doesn't exist physically yet.
I will release the files publicly when I can confirm they actually work.
Attachments
JPEG_20190623_112056-min.jpg
JPEG_20190623_112056-min.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 2316 times

ZedTheMan

24 Jun 2019, 01:32

Update: This is closed, I have made the firmware successfully, however, I am having issues likely related to my wiring.

ZedTheMan

24 Jun 2019, 04:32

Double update, firmware working correctly after a little bit of rewiring.

Raumfahrer

24 Jun 2019, 06:48

a salvaged IIc ! this is a great project, so glad to see the poor boards not get butchered for their switches

Return to “Workshop”