Any decent keypad module out there?

purdobol

11 Jul 2019, 22:34

Anybody know any decent keypad module (3x4 - 4x4)?
Need something with translucent caps (square flat), or black blanks with diodes. Max dimensions 12x7 cm.
Only thing I've found is this: https://www.ebay.pl/itm/1X-RobotDyn-5V- ... SwxqZckJM7 but it looks crappy tbh.

Just something to fit between the screen and encoder.

I guess the best bet would be to make the keypad from some loose switches, but the caps will be a problem...
Any ideas?

SneakyRobb
THINK

13 Jul 2019, 00:43

Hi, do you mean just some kind of macro pad there with some kind of switches? Like between the circular thing top right and the pcb with the screen? Do you have any preference for switches? Case? Or what?

I sort of understand what you mean, but you need to phrase it in a way that people here get what you mean.

As it stands you are asking for an answer that has an unreasonably high amount of variability. You could have a numpad size macropad of almost any origin could you not?

I mean how much do you want to spend? Do you want it to be new/old? Do you want it to work out of the box or work with some DIY input..?

purdobol

13 Jul 2019, 10:58

Yes simple macro pad between screen and circular thing (it's rotary encoder). Switch doesn't matter it may as well be rubber dome.
No case just PCB with switches to connect to development board. But... it must have either translucent caps so i can label the buttons myself, or even better leds (on the side, under the button doesn't matter) to indicate it's ON/OFF state.
New or old doesn't matter As long as it works. The cheaper the better as always ;)

All I have found is that RobotDyn one linked above.
Would be cool to find something premade that fits the bill.

Lanrefni

13 Jul 2019, 23:53

Would something like half a Levinson from Keeb.io work? You could easily solder leads to the right place on the board instead of using a Pro Micro.

Return to “Workshop”