Mechanical MICROWAVE mod

PlacaFromHell

13 Apr 2020, 05:14

Hello folks. Three days ago I was trying to use my Litton Meal-In-One because my other microwave has a burned relay, but this one was also broken, with a bouncy and ghosty membrane keypad which also felt AWFUL (illustrative picture, I forgot to take one).
Well, with all the pandemia stuff going on I was not able to just go and buy a spare relay and much less a membrane. My options were use a transistor to replace that damn relay or make a new keypad, as it seems very annoying for me to design circuits with transistors I opted for the second. I grabbed some Futabas, some keycaps and wired the shit in the microwave. Works very nice, I even like it more than that flat piece of crap. Now the last thing to do is build a proper encasing that match the 80's wood-kitchen thematic.
I mean, just look at this 8-)

wadeak78

13 Apr 2020, 07:29

This is completely ridiculous and amazing!

ddrfraser1

13 Apr 2020, 13:51

Agreed. You have done the work of angels sir.

PlacaFromHell

15 Apr 2020, 01:12

Thanks guys! More pictures, this thing is almost ended. I added dummy switches to mask almost all the extra holes. Two Futaba housings with screws are holding the keypad to the main assemby. The idea is put some kind of plastic or so to make it look part of the machine.

Return to “Workshop”