new big skcm blue alps

SneakyRobb
THINK

13 Mar 2021, 23:34

I will try to glue this foil piece now.

I will also remake the switch plate plastic frame so its easier to disassemble.

I also wonder why the insulator piece is asymmetrical. Why is this? There must be a reason. I will think on this.
Attachments
skcm switch contact.jpg
skcm switch contact.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 1542 times

NeK

14 Mar 2021, 06:29

By "insulator" you mean the little dot on the full piece? Indeed it is assymetric. On the big printed piece, it is centered between the side on the top and the side on the bottom of the small rectangle extension.
On the original piece, though, the dot is instead on the center between the side on the top and the side of the lower part that has the two cuts, excluding the small rectangle completely.

And what do you mean exactly that the lower part is mirrored? I can't see it.

Mattelec

26 Feb 2022, 18:54

SneakyRobb wrote:
11 May 2020, 00:46
Hi,

I have seen some attempts at making new skcm blue alps switches. I wish for more attempts. With the recent lubricant discussion I wondered how we could make a new skcm blue alps switch. Not switches... just 1 switch.
How is the project going? Quite interested tbh

SK-8K

26 Feb 2022, 19:12

Do you think you can make 1:1 size CAD models of the switch parts? Then we can get switch manufacturers to prototype them.

beigeandbrown

13 Apr 2022, 06:23

I made an account just for this thread. I have a few suggestions.

- Why not just solder the foil onto the leaf? A little bit of flux and that baby would be solid.
- Have you considered vapor smoothing? Could improve the smoothness quite a bit, although the new slider looks wayyyy smoother.
- Also, you could use some lube of some sort, I actually think wax, much like the current alps meta dictates, would work very well. It would fill in all of those printing ridges to form a nice, smooth surface along the rails of the slider.

Return to “Workshop”