Resin print keyboard parts factory

jsheradin

31 Jan 2021, 16:29

I've been working on fixing up an old TEC terminal that had a few broken/missing keys and sliders. Managed to get some pretty nice results after a couple test prints.

I printed the parts once and measured how far off the critical dimensions were from the actual model (it was consistently oversized by about 0.1 - 0.3 mm). I altered the CAD model by that value and got it (as far as I can measure) spot on for the second try. When designing these things, properly constrained models is an absolute must! Being able to change one single dimension without the rest of the model breaking/needing tweaking makes the whole process much easier.
Spoiler:
The cap/slider on the left is an original. The ones on the right are my clones. The old/new stems/caps can be interchanged and feel like they fit the same.

SneakyRobb
THINK

14 Feb 2021, 23:49

jsheradin wrote:
31 Jan 2021, 16:29
I've been working on fixing up an old TEC terminal that had a few broken/missing keys and sliders. Managed to get some pretty nice results after a couple test prints.

I printed the parts once and measured how far off the critical dimensions were from the actual model (it was consistently oversized by about 0.1 - 0.3 mm). I altered the CAD model by that value and got it (as far as I can measure) spot on for the second try. When designing these things, properly constrained models is an absolute must! Being able to change one single dimension without the rest of the model breaking/needing tweaking makes the whole process much easier.
Spoiler:
The cap/slider on the left is an original. The ones on the right are my clones. The old/new stems/caps can be interchanged and feel like they fit the same.
Hey, these are excellent prints! Good Job! This is exactly the great use case for resin. Replace small detailed parts. Excellent.

Return to “Workshop”