KBParadise V60 (60%) Alps Issues

hellothere

02 Feb 2022, 02:39

jsheradin wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 23:40
hellothere wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 23:26
I am really giving some serious thought to manually wiring this thing. It's a skill I'd like to have.
Hand wiring is a ton of fun but not so much in a super cramped case. I bet you an Alps64 PCB would fit.
Nope. It's one of the few specifically mentioned that won't. USB connector's on the wrong side. However, the KBP case is just plastic. I see a bunch of plastic cases on AliExpress for cheap, so that makes this an interesting idea. I don't know if the mounting plate from the V60 would fit, though, so I'll ask. When I have money.

Polecat, I promise I'll check one trace.

Polecat

02 Feb 2022, 03:38

hellothere wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 02:39

Polecat, I promise I'll check one trace.
Cool, that at least gives you a 50 percent chance of finding the problem on that one switch.

hellothere

03 Feb 2022, 17:28

Well, I checked more than one, just for giggles. No luck.

One of the biggest problems I have with tracing stuff is inconsistency in how the traces are laid out. I'll try to explain. First, note that I'm going to call "left" the left side of the PCB when facing down. In other words, the red side. As mentioned, I have very little electronics training.

Examples. The left pin on the switch goes to a trace which goes to the negative side of the diode. The right pin has a trace that goes to the positive side of the diode. However, the backspace has no traces at all. They might be on the front of the PCB, which I can't see unless I desolder all of the switches. There are other switches where the left pin has no traces and the right pin goes to the positive side of the diode.

So, really not worth it, anymore. I've got other projects that I'd like to spend time on. Again, thank you all.

Return to “Workshop”