Some strange problems with 0xcb static keyboard

zippopotamme

14 Apr 2022, 17:42

Hello, First excuse my english. :)
Since one week, on own/use a 0xcb static.
All composnent on the pcb where soldered by the vendor/creator of the kb except switchs that i soldered.

Since the begining, i have different problems.
Theses problems are on 4 different PC, laptop and desktop, Linux and windows

The keyboard didn’t like all usb cable/port. For exemple with à custom cable, i use with all my others keyboards without pbms, on static, one time on 2 windows say "unknow device" when plugged.

On my desktop pc, impossible to flash firmware.

On some usb port, some letters write sometime several time (not always the same letters).

Finally, i found one cable and one usb port that work without problems since one week.

Yesterday, suddently after day and hours of using, when i press "u" it write yuhjbn.
Tested with via matrix keytester, same pbm.

Yesterday, i have unsoldered/resoldered the "u" switch, made several tests (wrote 200 tirme u without pbms) and think that it was the problem.
This morning after one hour of use, pbm came back again...
I have unsoldered/resoldered à New switch and it worked 10 minutes.

After that i have tested another cable, to test, and with the new cable, U wrote U. I came back to old cable and U wrote U too, 10 seconds and pbm occur again. Came back to new cable -> same pbm.

Do you have an idea of what could be the pbm ? Contrôler, diode, pcb, other thing ?

Thanks for reading

Muirium
µ

14 Apr 2022, 21:50

This keyboard?

https://0xcb.dev/static/

Go join their discord and talk to them about it. What you described sounds like a controller issue to me, but a complex one. Since that keyboard is an active project, go talk to them about it.

zippopotamme

14 Apr 2022, 23:11

Yes this one. I’m already on the discord an spkeak whit them.
You’re not the first to talk me about contrôler pbm.

Thanks for your answer

Return to “Workshop”