Need help regarding programming a winkeyless.kr MX-miniU EX

Myoth

07 Jul 2022, 19:01

Since asking on geekhack didn't yield any results, even though the people on there are much more prone to this sort of keyboard, I'll ask here as well.

I tried using bootmapper to get it to work, to no avail, the software would just simply not recognise the pcb. I had the idea of flashing QMK/VIA on it (since I assume it's the same pcb as this https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tre ... ss/bminiex), but that idea quickly vanished since I seemingly can't get the pcb to start on bootloader mode, and on the off-chance I did, it didn't look like flashing it was possible at all... so I'm at a pretty hard stop and I feel like I need someone who's dealt with this sort of pcb to help me. but honestly I will take any help since I can't get anywhere at all.

PCB Info :
MX-miniU EX
ps2avrU V0.1

using an ATMEGA32a

Muirium
µ

07 Jul 2022, 19:18

Prone? Is that a “first person shooter” reference? In my day, they were called Doom, you played with the arrow keys and you liked it! ;)

tinnie

07 Jul 2022, 19:27

Shut the fuck ip

Muirium
µ

07 Jul 2022, 19:30

I done gone fragged. :mrgreen:

That’s a Jim Henson reference, right?

zrrion

07 Jul 2022, 20:05

Muirium wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 19:18
Prone? Is that a “first person shooter” reference? In my day, they were called Doom, you played with the arrow keys and you liked it! ;)
I was there and I at least didn't like it :lol: When quake came around I was still trying to play that with just the keyboard and looking up/down with the keyboard was a terrible experience

Muirium
µ

07 Jul 2022, 21:19

Multiplayer Doom LAN parties were up there with Command & Conquer, I’m telling ya! Quake was certainly a paradigm shift. I still remember the very day I tried to get my head round it. A mouse? Puh-lease! Oh, wait, you can do that now? Gimme!

Anyway, back on topic: Myoth mentions “ps2avrU”. Is this keyboard PS/2? Can you even DFU / flash firmware on that?

Myoth

07 Jul 2022, 21:38

Muirium wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 21:19
Is this keyboard PS/2? Can you even DFU / flash firmware on that?
no it isn't, I'm going to be talking out of my arse but I'm fairly sure it's called like that because it was made at a time where firmwares couldn't emulate NKRO on USB, the easiest solution was to make the keyboard ps/2. so it supports both, but it's definitely USB at heart

jsheradin

07 Jul 2022, 21:41

What controller chip does it use? Usually you can connect boards to USB with RESET shorted to GROUND, unshort them, and it will show up provided you have the right drivers installed.

If there's no bootloader you'll need something like a USBasp to flash it.

Bjerrk

07 Jul 2022, 21:58

Based on the QMK code you linked to, it seems the device bootloader should be bootloadHID. I don't have any experience with it, but at least there's documentation: https://github.com/whiteneon/bootloadHID

Return to “Workshop”