Tinkerboy ADB to USB Adapter - Can you daisy chain

apastuszak

09 Oct 2022, 06:43

I ordered a Tinkeyboy ABD to USB adapter for a AEK II I bought on Thursday.

With the adapter, can I plug in an ADB mouse into the keyboard and have it work?

Muirium
µ

09 Oct 2022, 18:50

Dunno Tinker’s stuff. Strange he doesn’t address that perfectly standard ADB use case on his product page.

If that converter is running TMK, or I think QMK, ADB chaining and mouse support is there and works fine. Note the “if”. The fact they mention mouse support at all makes me reckon it probably does support chaining, but I’ve never used one of these so it’s just a guess.

Edit: The comments are worth a look. This one sounds like you’ll be fine:
Andrew
November 5, 2021

Just a question:
I have an Adesso AEK-503T keyboard with integrated trackpad. The keyboard comes a min-DIN 4 pin cable and two ADB feedthru ports. Do you think tinkerBOY converter can make BOTH keyboard and trackpad work on a Window machine? Thanks

tinkerBOY
August 26, 2022

Yes i believe it should work.

apastuszak

09 Oct 2022, 21:14

I emailed TinkerBoy, but did not get a response.

I doubt that I will ever use a ADB mouse, since they're all probably single button with a ball, and a roller that needs cleaning. But I did get a mouse with the keyboard, and I'd like to try it out.

TNT

10 Oct 2022, 19:41

apastuszak wrote:

With the adapter, can I plug in an ADB mouse into the keyboard and have it work?
I'm using a Tinkerboy-Adapter for my M0110. Solid stuff, works great!

As far as my understanding of ADB goes, the keyboard itself takes care of the mouse via its downstream port. So, only one port (and therefore adapter) is needed computer-sidewise. Like Mµ said, this seems like a standard use case, so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

When I needed some help with the configuration of my adapter, Tinkerboy (eventually) responded and was very helpful. Seems he is rather busy and it might take some time tho.

mac80211

11 Oct 2022, 00:47

apastuszak wrote:

Yes you can daisy chain a keyboard and a mouse. I will update the product description later.

mac80211

11 Oct 2022, 01:01

Updated description to include
Daisy chaining with multiple ADB devices is also supported. For example if you want to use an adb mouse just plugged it in your adb keyboard.

apastuszak

11 Oct 2022, 02:37

mac80211 wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 01:01
Updated description to include
Daisy chaining with multiple ADB devices is also supported. For example if you want to use an adb mouse just plugged it in your adb keyboard.
Does daisy chaining still work if you update to QMK?

mac80211

13 Oct 2022, 03:36

I have not tested the adb adapter with an QMK firmware but I believe it should work since QMK uses the TMK core too.

apastuszak

22 Oct 2022, 04:16

For those that haven't seen it, the Tinkerboy ADB adapter now has a QMK port with VIA. Only one layer, but still pretty awesome.

https://www.tinkerboy.xyz/upgrading-the ... a-support/

Return to “Workshop”