Starting a model F XT restoration. Replacement key suggestions?

goodwill_pillager

08 Apr 2023, 04:28

Hello everyone. I am starting a model F XT restoration. This is my second model F XT. I bought the keyboard today for way too much money and it should be here soon. I have managed to track down and purchase the missing 0/insert key and the f9 key as well as cork pads, but am struggling to find a ./del key so if anyone knows where I can find one that would be much appreciated. My friend will be 3dprinting me some replacement legs. I'll keep scouring ebay in the meantime. Attached is the picture the seller listed. Will update once the keyboard gets here and the tom-foolery commences.
5OwRrpz.jpg
5OwRrpz.jpg (155.93 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
xrYFVa4.jpg
xrYFVa4.jpg (160.42 KiB) Viewed 2844 times

JP!

10 Apr 2023, 16:29

If you ever want fresh cork pads look up "Mintcraft Cork Pads" or buy a punch and make your own. I do have a parts XT buried in storage but I'm not sure what keys are missing. It will be a while but I'll try and dig it out one of these days. If you manage to find it before I can reply back, please update your post.

thefarside

13 Apr 2023, 03:22

Sent you a PM.

AndyJ

07 May 2023, 02:01

How is this project coming along?

You should be able to find all the keys you need on eBay. Modelfkeyboards.com sells new replacement keys, and Unicomp has just about everything, except they're printed and not double-shot moldings.

Don't forget that Model M, Wheelwriter, and terminal keys also fit the Model F.

Return to “Workshop”