ISO-layouts (DE/ES/FI/IT/NO/PT/SE/UK)

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 13:19

It is always the same problem with every group buy:
Too many different language layouts which are ordered by too few people.

If we agree on some little changes in each of these layouts, we can save a lot of money, or get our stuff at all!

Here is the EURO kit containing all necessary legends:

These are 61 legends of which 11 can be left away (marked in red).

Let me know what you think about it.
Last edited by 7bit on 08 Dec 2012, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

Ekaros

08 Dec 2012, 13:25

7bit wrote:It is always the same problem with every group buy:
Too many different language layouts which are ordered by too few people.

If we agree on some little changes in each of these layouts, we can save a lot of money, or get our stuff at all!

Here is the EURO kit containing all necessary legends:

These are 61 legends of which 11 can be left away (marked in red).

Let me know what you think about it.
M and E are pretty much same actually might help with clarity. For > < | combining those don'r really hurt it either.

I'm not sure if someone for more traditional looks like the 5 % € either ;D

BimboBB

08 Dec 2012, 13:26

Great work! Like that idea of an EURO kit very very much. :)

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 13:28

Ekaros wrote:I'm not sure if someone for more traditional looks like the 5 % € either ;D
The legend 5% is standard on US-layout, so not required.

Soarer

08 Dec 2012, 13:58

FR?
UK?

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 14:23

Soarer wrote:FR?
UK?
UK is so small, it might go well into the standard layout and FR has next to nothing in common with the other layouts.

If you can live with @ on the 3 there are still 4 additional keys for the UK layout.

A one-fit all kit including US-layout and some different keyboard types might come with 200-250 key caps.

Price from GMK might be something between 180-250 EUR.
Last edited by 7bit on 08 Dec 2012, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

Soarer

08 Dec 2012, 14:31

7bit wrote: UK is so small, it might go well into the standard layout and FR has next to nothing in common with the other layouts.
Poor FR :(

As for UK - try selling that to the Americans! But if they'd go with that, then you don't need 3 £ in the Euro kit. (I guess you already dropped 2 " on the same basis).

dirge

08 Dec 2012, 14:36

Yeah UK? :(

`¬, 2", 3£, '@, #~, \|

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 14:37

Soarer wrote:
7bit wrote: UK is so small, it might go well into the standard layout and FR has next to nothing in common with the other layouts.
Poor FR :(

As for UK - try selling that to the Americans! But if they'd go with that, then you don't need 3 £ in the Euro kit. (I guess you already dropped 2 " on the same basis).
I think that is the problem:
The most want standard US layout (either TKL or 101/104) and don't care about the others.

With SP it was difficult enough to get some people together to buy language kits, but with an MOQ of 400 this might be impossible. I really hope they change their mind and come with a more prectical MOQ.

tinnie

08 Dec 2012, 14:39

hmmm i think "2² should be keep, because it will make the board more legit

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 14:49

The more I think about that, the more I like it!

One one fit all kit with 250 keys for all thinkable keyboards with a lot of extra function keys for the price less than a used Russian layout keyboard!

Just have to agree upon one color scheme ....

Soarer

08 Dec 2012, 14:56

TBH, all this chasing after this month's colours is not helping the problem :(

Ya know, a 'refresh' kit wouldn't be a bad idea, which just includes the keys that get shiny on s/h stuff :idea:
Last edited by Soarer on 08 Dec 2012, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 14:57

FR-layout. Not many keys in common with the other European layouts (I count 24).

BTW, I've updated the graphic: It now contains UK layout.

BimboBB

08 Dec 2012, 15:19

7bit wrote:The more I think about that, the more I like it!

One one fit all kit with 250 keys for all thinkable keyboards with a lot of extra function keys for the price less than a used Russian layout keyboard!

Just have to agree upon one color scheme ....
Damn you! :evilgeek:

But would be better than to have each language completely in the pack, means no crossover caps. So you could take out your caps and selling the remaining packs within Europe. So every buyer of that "big pack" has to find a few buyers around Europe buying his remaining language packs. Sounds like a bloody snowballsystem..... :mrgreen:

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 15:33

If we do some existing color, like standard Cherry, Dolch, NCR, Olivetti or SkiData, we might be able to sell some of the extra keys.

Findecanor

08 Dec 2012, 15:52

7bit wrote:These are 61 legends of which 11 can be left away (marked in red).
Personally, I would be fine with a set where only the Alt-Gr and Shift-Alt-Gr symbols are left out. There are symbols on the Alt and Alt Gr layer that I use that are not normally printed on the keys anyway. The important thing for me is that the symbols that are there are correct.

tlt

08 Dec 2012, 16:09

How about a set with common keys for ansi and iso and than add-ons for language groups(. How many unused keys would that save?

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 16:25

tlt wrote:How about a set with common keys for ansi and iso and than add-ons for language groups(. How many unused keys would that save?
The problem are the 400 sets!

If they don't come down to less, things like BEPO, COLEMAK, DVORAK and NEO aren't even thinkable!

tlt

08 Dec 2012, 17:27

Can't a big order change there mind and let smaller numbers for same sets throw? The total order value must count for something.

rodtang

08 Dec 2012, 18:37

Us proud Norwegians would need these :geek: :

Grond

08 Dec 2012, 18:47

I think it's a great idea.

damorgue

08 Dec 2012, 18:53

rodtang wrote:Us proud Norwegians would need these :geek: :
Below the "6 &" key you have marked there is an almost identical one. It only adds another character. To the right of the key at the bottom there is a key with the same legend but with an addition. Same with the topmost one which has a similar to the left of it.

I recon the key cap legends which are included in others are unnecessary. If one cap has A, and the other has A and B, then the second choice ought to suite the ones who wanted the first choice.
Last edited by damorgue on 08 Dec 2012, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

dirge

08 Dec 2012, 19:05

I don't get it. They haven't got 400 of each mold. It's all about money. If we put enough down they'll not ignore us.

Daniel

08 Dec 2012, 20:42

I thinks it's a good idea as this would make future group buys more solidary and as a whole cheaper for everybody with sth. different than US layout. The chances to sell used set will be higher as well. It's a pity that the french layout doesn't fit into the set...

GMC

08 Dec 2012, 20:54

Tbh if we had all the us international symbols on the standard us keys, I'd be happier, though it would not be the ideal solution.
US International ISO by Gregor.Mc, on Flickr

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Dec 2012, 21:02

C'mon folks.
After blaming the ANSI-ists for not wanting to include keycaps which they do not need themselves, you can't just deplore the French/Belgian layouts are so different that they, alas!, really cannot be included :lol:

Thanks to 7bit anyway for making such a global inventory of all-European keycaps.

And by the way, has there ever been a moogle kit with a "Strg" keycap?
I'm asking because that is a weird and uncommon legend :mrgreen:

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 21:22

kbdfr wrote:... And by the way, has there ever been a moogle kit with a "Strg" keycap?
Strg key caps (at least in Cherry beige/grey) are around in masses.
My favorites are:
Datenfreigabe and Groß.
Last edited by 7bit on 08 Dec 2012, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

BimboBB

08 Dec 2012, 21:25

GMC wrote:Tbh if we had all the us international symbols on the standard us keys, I'd be happier, though it would not be the ideal solution.
US International ISO by Gregor.Mc, on Flickr
Tripleshots? :)
kbdfr wrote: And by the way, has there ever been a moogle kit with a "Strg" keycap?

I love "Steuerung"! :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Dec 2012, 21:33

7bit wrote:
kbdfr wrote:... And by the way, has there ever been a moogle kit with a "Strg" keycap?
Strg key caps (at least in Cherry beige/grey) are around in masses.
My favorites are:
Datenfreigabe and Groß.
I mean 1.25 "Strg" keycaps. I can't remember having seen many of them in the last 15 to 20 years :mrgreen:

7bit

08 Dec 2012, 23:21

kbdfr wrote:
7bit wrote:Datenfreigabe and Groß FTW!
I mean 1.25 "Strg" keycaps. I can't remember having seen many of them in the last 15 to 20 years :mrgreen:
1.25 units are not necessary anymore.

Nowadays, we exclusively use 1, 1.5 and 2 units.
:ugeek:

Also, what is Strg anyway?

Strang?
Streng?
String?
Strong?
Strung?
:roll:

Return to “Workshop”