Aleksander's projects

suka
frobiac

12 Feb 2014, 12:29

Muirium wrote:What software magick are you using to bring that mouse movement / key remapping sync about? Some of the deeper layers of Hasu's box of tricks?
Not using Hasu's code, but I assume it could be implemented there, too:

Essentially, I'm temporarily activating the layer with the mouse button mappings when trackpoint movement is detected, and disable it again after a short delay or any non-mousebutton press.

So nothing fancy, really - search for g_mouse_keys_enabled in my firmware for the gory details :D

Muirium
µ

12 Feb 2014, 13:10

Cool. I didn't realise you were rolling your own firmware. Very nice. I'll take a good look at it!

Aleksander

12 Feb 2014, 14:07

I like the suggestions, Suka.
I have used the same layout on my other symmetric stagger board, and I like it like this.
And the size will stay the same, as I am using a aluminium 60% case that is made for poker and pure.

the idea about using a timeout and the same keys for mouse and keyboard is pure genious!

suka
frobiac

12 Feb 2014, 14:29

Aleksander wrote:the idea about using a timeout and the same keys for mouse and keyboard is pure genious!
And as such I request an annual payment for re-using it from now on :mrgreen:

Aleksander

12 Feb 2014, 18:53

in that case, it was not a good idea at all :P hehe

ماء

13 Feb 2014, 12:18

Alexander,your design almost like this:
34y5z52.jpg
34y5z52.jpg (75.25 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
symmetric.png
symmetric.png (5.23 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
credit:bpipnaphy

your design is enter/caps is so small 1.25 but very symmetry! homerow past on the middle,maybe suit for europe
my design is 1.75 enter/caps though not very symmetry a little to the left..

Aleksander

13 Feb 2014, 14:52

I have no clue on how I should write your name (get a normal one like everyone else :lol: ), but if you take a quick look on page 1, I do actually have one of the original biphany symmetric stagger boards, and I love it, except for its size, that is why I want to make a 60% version :D

After yesterdays suggestion by Suka, I think I will convert the bottom row to be like on my fullsize version :)

Muirium
µ

13 Feb 2014, 14:56

The way to type ماء is by copy/paste, like everyone else! I like his name. It proves that (no matter 7bit's ASCII preference) we can do Unicode!

I'd like to propose a new law of custom keyboards: Given time, every layout naturally evolves into 60%.

Aleksander

13 Feb 2014, 15:08

well, currently sitting at Copenhagen aiport with my tablet pc, did not think about using ctrl+c/ctrl+v... ;p

Muirium
µ

13 Feb 2014, 15:17

It's a little fiddly on an iPad too, but not impossible. Just have to watch out that your text direction doesn't flip to right-to-left. I believe his name reads that way.

MrBishop

17 Sep 2015, 19:34

I'm super interested in your build especially seeing as you machined out the mounting plate. I too am in the process of starting my own keyboard project and own a DIY CNC. Would you be willing to share some of the switch mounting hole information? did you dogbone the corners? what bit did you use? etc.

Return to “Workshop”