A strange model M2...

The Solutor

22 Jul 2011, 01:24

Given Daedalus/Ch_123 argued about backlit keyboards and cited a glowing model M as extreme case of blasphemy, i promised that sooner or later... :lol:

Today i received an M2 bought from Ascaii and I decided to recycle my old experiment on it (the qzerty layout was a partner in that decision :D )

Firstly I dismantled and cleaned the keyboard that was (obviously) a little dirty/yellowed

Then I used a set of recycled stickers, they are meant for black boards, but all in all the final effect on lit environment is not that bad.

Then I modded my USB rope light with an UV led, and although is impossible to get the idea in a foto (because the cellpone's image sensor is UV sensitive) the result is really nice in the dark environment: unlike the photos only the legends are visible to the naked eye.

BTW this is the final effect

This is how compare with a real backlight keyboard (105 blue leds @the maximum output v.s. a single UV led barely lit)

I must say that a 15€ board + 4$ spent on the stickers + 10 cent spent on the LED, are more than worth the result.

I'm curios to hear daedalus comments... :lol: )

Crazy9000

22 Jul 2011, 07:29

Where did you get those stickers?

The Solutor

22 Jul 2011, 07:36

4keyboards, but on ebay there are many sellers.

latkey has even the phosphorescent ones

Return to “Workshop”