Sovina
No votes
Other (explain your choice)
8%

Total votes: 13

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Apr 2016, 22:17

The first one I've tried is the Super Bock. First half of the glass I thought it was a quite standard pale lager beer, like Heineken or Amstel. Or maybe closer to an American variant like, god forbid, Budweiser. Everything inside the lines, it won't insult anyone, except beer snobs, which I'm not. Beer is a simple product, with simple ingredients. Unlike marketing. I don't like my beers too difficult or complex. In any case, it tasted fine, a nice beer on a sunny day when you're thirsty, but not like the greatest beer ever. However, once I started emptying the glass, it started to taste better and better and when it was gone I fancied another one. Which will have to wait, because next is Sagres. *hIC*

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Apr 2016, 23:12

Much of the same applies to the Sagres, except it tasted a little bit lighter and fresher. I might prefer this on an even sunnier, hotter day to quench my thirst, like demonstrated in the video below. Or perhaps even overall over the Super Bock, because maybe the taste has a little bit more identity. However *bUrP* I have to do more testing for a definite conclusion.

lolpes

20 Apr 2016, 23:30

Webwit has good taste definitely! Sagres rules!!!!

Anyway, very detailed reviews :) loved reading your opinion on the beers! As always to each their own... Sagres muahahha

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Apr 2016, 23:58

Next is the Brazilian Skol. At first it tasted like the lightest of the bunch, and it was very fresh and (a little bit) sweet, but so is cola. A bit watery. I found the taste not offending but rather nondescript with no distinctive features. Acceptable for thirst. If we're gonna be like that I prefer a sweet watery Corona. But the second half of the glass I started to notice and really dislike the aftertaste. Wtf was that? I'm doubting between a chemical or metal taste, or malt gone bad, that is, the beer did not agree to be shipped over the ocean to another continent. Either that, or it is supposed to taste this way. In any case, I can only review what I have, and this is the cheap, proverbial piss. I'll still drink the other one.

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Apr 2016, 00:01

Last will be the Super Bock stout. I'm not a stout fan, so wish me luck...

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Apr 2016, 00:19

brau.jpg
brau.jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 6285 times

miguelbazil

21 Apr 2016, 00:34

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Apr 2016, 00:51

The stout was a big surprise, I really liked it, and that makes it the first stout I liked. Normally I associate stout beer with the opposite of lager beer. When I think about lager, I think about a sunny place, maybe the beach, and scantily clad women. With stout, I think about a dark Scottish bar on a rainy day filled with damp, sulky men, drinking overly complex, sulky beers. Also, stout looks like it was pumped up right from the canals in Amsterdam. And usually, it tastes like it, with a bad, heavy, moldy aftertaste like you swallowed a wet brick. It is a depressed beer. This one however is nothing like that, except for the looks. It is fresh, tasty, with a nice, light and fruity aftertaste. Perhaps stout fans who are more versed consider this a cowardly stout or a beginners stout, I don't know, but I liked it.

miguelbazil

21 Apr 2016, 00:53

Seems like Portugal was able to give you first in the beer world then. Hope you can have some more of them :D

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Apr 2016, 01:06

Now that I have fniSed thees Reviews, I will now continew with the long overdue moderation of this outrageos *hiC* subforum!

lolpes

21 Apr 2016, 01:17

Well hope I can wake up and be able to trace the drunk webwit mishaps troughout the forum :D

Glad you had fun and even more, glad you liked the beers!!!

Next up, wines or gin :3

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

21 Apr 2016, 01:30

Haha webwit, awesome reviews! There's some high level here, I'll have hard time to make as good reviews...

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Apr 2016, 01:37

Ba- *bUrP* Banhammer!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

21 Apr 2016, 12:28

Stout is a great beer, one of my favourite portuguese beers for sure. Now you're gonna have to import Sagres Preta to compare them, otherwise it wouldn't be fair!! :D

Zaphir

21 Apr 2016, 12:51

Spikebolt wrote: Stout is a great beer, one of my favourite portuguese beers for sure. Now you're gonna have to import Sagres Preta to compare them, otherwise it wouldn't be fair!! :D
I'll second this.
You must try as many portuguese (and maybe not only portuguese) beers as you possibly can @webwit. For "beer science" of course. :geek: :mrgreen:

You'll soon realize that we've got some pretty good beer and wine producers. Our wines are known globally and not just locally. ;)

Prelim

21 Apr 2016, 13:37

great reviews @webwit!! you seem to know of this shit hehe ;)

watch-out for the Stout, you'll get drunk more easily lol

miguelbazil

21 Apr 2016, 15:25

webwit wrote: I will now continew with the long overdue moderation of this outrageos *hiC* subforum!
Now you left me wondering... Who moderates this forum? And based on google translate? I am honestly curious about this :mrgreen:

lolpes

21 Apr 2016, 15:32

miguelbazil wrote:
webwit wrote: I will now continew with the long overdue moderation of this outrageos *hiC* subforum!
Now you left me wondering... Who moderates this forum? And based on google translate? I am honestly curious about this :mrgreen:
Well by the looks of it the mod is a very tipsy burping bird :D

Zaphir

21 Apr 2016, 15:42

Sing along!

seebart

21 Apr 2016, 15:50

beer.jpg
beer.jpg (54.53 KiB) Viewed 6148 times

Prelim

22 Apr 2016, 00:50

miguelbazil wrote: ...Who moderates this forum? And based on google translate? I am honestly curious about this :mrgreen:
there's no moderation @miguelbazil, this is not Zwame :P

seebart

22 Apr 2016, 00:58

807c7d005052303eaf5cbd55073513176e6175557c9f63e7d8aa95a51df6377e.jpg
807c7d005052303eaf5cbd55073513176e6175557c9f63e7d8aa95a51df6377e.jpg (80.01 KiB) Viewed 6121 times

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Apr 2016, 01:12

This forum is moderated by your mother-in-law.
Spoiler:
Wait! Not her. I mean, by matt3o and his team. He'll beat you up.

Prelim

22 Apr 2016, 01:49

one latino mafia (italians/portugueses) to rule them all! ehehe

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Apr 2016, 02:03

Prelim

22 Apr 2016, 02:05

ROFL :D :D

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 Apr 2016, 23:24

Porto in less than two days!

The meteo says 20+ degrees... we're going to take a day or two at the beach I guess!

What's the best place to bathe a bit without a lot of tourists around, but still accessible by public transports?

Zaphir

30 Apr 2016, 23:42

ramnes wrote: Porto in less than two days!

The meteo says 20+ degrees... we're going to take a day or two at the beach I guess!

What's the best place to bathe a bit without a lot of tourists around, but still accessible by public transports?
Calling in @malaik0 or @rddm for this one. To be honest I honestly have no idea where you can go to take some baths on Porto (I've been near the city but never went there) but I'm sure one of them can help you out with this. ;)

Prelim

30 Apr 2016, 23:58

you can go to Matosinhos beach, I don't know which public transport to take though :/ (help @rddm)

rddm

01 May 2016, 20:16

You can go to Matosinhos in metro, but it isn't a great beach. You have better in Foz do Douro, Leça da Palmeira, etc.
The beach in this week is a mess. We start our student festival this week, and the place of the festival is 100meters close to the beach, so all the people go to the beach, drink before and sleep after.

If you want to get drunk go to the festival, the prices of the tickets are 8-12,5€. I will be there all the week.

Return to “Português”