New Cherry MX Linear RGB White Switch

Zaphir

21 Oct 2015, 20:33

Encontrei isto à pouco numa thread do r/mk.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... cky_shine/

Foto do switch:

O que acham disto?
Parece que o Ducky Shine 5 será o primeiro teclado a ser lançado com este novo switch da Cherry (tal como a Corsair se saiu com o Cherry MX Silent).
Parece-me interessante.

Acho que é cedo para dizer se a Cherry está a "inovar" ou não, mas o que é certo é que eles pelo menos ainda lá vão lançando umas coisas novas no mercado. :)
Edit: mas espero que isto não seja parecido com Gateron Clears... os Gateron são smooth, mas os Clear são super leves, demasiado leves para mim...

lolpes

21 Oct 2015, 20:48

lol este é mais um para os gostos do prelim ;) Por mim podiam lanchar algo tipo os vintage whites, têm click mas é muito muito menos sonoro, e no entanto consegue perceber-se :) só tive um e já o vendi mas era brutal, era fixe arranjar uns quantos :p

miguelbazil

22 Oct 2015, 13:14

Linear... Sigh...

Muirium
µ

22 Oct 2015, 13:24

Linear… yay!

chzel

22 Oct 2015, 13:27

Another linear (yay!) with exclusive contract? (sigh?)

Muirium
µ

22 Oct 2015, 13:34

Well there's the thing. Is Ducky now signed up to share the Corsair* exclusive? What's going on?

*Or whoever. I honestly can't tell these gaming brands apart. Does ThustMaster make mech keyboards? Turtle Beach does now, so what about Gravis? And Matrox? I half expect AMD and Crucial to give it a try. Easier than making money off generic silicon nowadays!

miguelbazil

22 Oct 2015, 18:32

True, it seems that every brand is entering this, even G.Skill now has the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB. Maybe I should look into creating a company for mechanical keyboards one of these days :P

Muirium
µ

22 Oct 2015, 19:58

Ellipse is giving it a shot. But Kishsavers are a hard sell to the gaming crowd.

CREEP AROUND IN THE DARK? NO WAY DUDE. PING LIKE A KING. GO KISH.

miguelbazil

23 Oct 2015, 10:58

I hadn't seen Kishsavers, they look really old school. Not gonna work for the gamer crowd, you'd need to sell it to people who are really into this hobby and like the old school.

I, for one, think it has a bit too much of a bulky look. Looks good, but too bulky for my taste, and I'm far from a gamer-crowd type of guy when it comes to keyboards.

Muirium
µ

23 Oct 2015, 12:54

Yeah, I was kidding. Kishsavers are hard core vintage boards. But the multi hundred dollar price tag speaks for itself!

Here's an honest question: what would a true gamer / modern nerd keyboard look like? These manufacturers just want profit. What could we do better, if we cared?

Would it even be MX?

miguelbazil

23 Oct 2015, 13:43

Well, it's not a simple question really. Most gamers nowadays want shinny/bling-bling, that's what society is teaching kids nowadays, and they are accepting it. So most companies are doing quite a buck based on that.

You ask me what we can do better? In my simple opinion, we could improve on the variety of the lower end. Right now, I feel that's where we lack more. When this Turtle Beach I got is the most sober I could do, without led lighting without going for a poker... That worries me. Why do I almost need to go to a Poker to get a small simple-looking keyboard? (in EU at least).

One other point, Gskill seems to have one of the little keyboards that has macros and mechanical, another point that could probably have some nice acceptance.

Turning these answers into keyboards and profits is where the trick is now. Also, remember I'm very inexperienced in these things ;)

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

23 Oct 2015, 15:42

I think the big share of gamers are kids and they want the bling, something to brag about. "My keyboard has 12313123 macros, 123123123123123 million colors and an super complicated software that syncs stuff to the cloud!!!! l33t".

Since they are kids they don't usually order stuff online, local store representation is key. Razer is very strong in Portugal because every major electronic store sells their keyboards. Sometimes they have a Roccat or an old SteelSeries 6G or even a Corsair but it's very rare.

I think cheap keyboards are not the current problem with all the Gaterons and Kailh boards but people outside the hobbie probably never heard of them.I also think most gamers rarely even care about the type of switch they are using...

Engicoder

23 Oct 2015, 16:12

Muirium wrote: PING LIKE A KING.
That would make a great T-Shirt....mind if I borrow it? :D

Muirium
µ

23 Oct 2015, 17:01

So long as you include a DT logo, and preferably an outline image of a Kishsaver, go right ahead! A little —Mu doesn't hurt either.

Prelim

24 Oct 2015, 14:02

well, nice to see another linear switch from Cherry but who cares about RGB?! :P Also, they won't be as smooth as the linear Gaterons.

LOL @Mu, you just forgot... he needs to end the quote with Mu™ ®

Return to “Português”