Vote in the final round of this category to win a MasterKeys RGB keyboard from Cooler Master!
Please suggest nominees for the Best "other" input device in 2016. This can be an ergonomic keyboard, a mouse, a trackball, etc. Anything alternative from the mainstream tenkeyless, full, and 60% keyboards. You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion. The input device must be released since Thursday 3 December, 2015. You cannot nominate your own or your own company's device.
- The Atreus Keyboard. It's a very innovative design idea and many users have found it to be a good alternative to the Ergodox. As a standalone 40% it is also really mobile.
- The Microsoft Surface Dial. It's attempting to create a new user interface concept for things like menu navigation and color selection in art programs.
- Kinesis Advantage 2. For bringing modern firmware features, including user-friendly keymap/macro configuration, to the successful, currently 24-year-old ergonomic keyboard design of the Contoured/Advantage series.
- Elecom for the effort to push modern technology into trackballs and bring asymmetrical finger-operated trackballs (M-DT2* models) back to the market after major players like Microsoft or Logitech discontinued theirs, along with (AFAIK) the only left-handed thumb-operated trackball (M-XT4* model).
- Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball, because it's an update to the product line, that has been around since the 1990s, this time with Bluetooth connection (quite unique in the market).
- The Amazon Echo, which came out this fall in two new languages, as an innovative input device that brings speech recognition to the home, making (parts of) the power of the internet usable as casually as never before.
- The apple touch bar, because who does not want to replace a perfectly good button with a pointless touch bar and get charged way more than last year for the shit laptop it's connected to?
- The Samsung VR Headset we are experimenting with through my work, and having some very promising initial results.
- Dactyl – a DIY parameterized, split-hand, concave, columnar, ergonomic keyboard – essentially a lovechild of ErgoDox and Kinesis Advantage.
- Planet 6 by kurplop, a custom ergonomic keyboard with an embedded trackball, and an amazing piece of craftsmanship—from home-made PCBs to machine-milled metal case and keycaps.
- 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise, looks like an interesting upgrade to the SpaceMouse Pro for those that need a 3D pointing device? http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spa ... prise.html