Ergo Keyboard?

dondy

01 Jun 2013, 03:29

http://www.goldtouch.com/images/product/large/1.jpg

i can't really make out what the left side cluster does besides Fn and well... something locky.
arguably, that *does* look weird (i didn't bother to look as closely at it before :D).

but really - going for a different physical layout for ergonomics sake and then beeing picky
about a few more or less useless keys? meh...

ماء

01 Jun 2013, 04:43

but,I finally chose kinesis freestyle, because they are more split and adjustable, although second hand ;)

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 11:15

ماء wrote:but,I finally chose kinesis freestyle, because they are more split and adjustable, although second hand ;)
Good stuff. Second hand is the right choice for starting out. Now go ahead and try some ergo keyboards!

davkol

01 Jun 2013, 20:49

dondy wrote:http://www.goldtouch.com/images/product/large/1.jpg

i can't really make out what the left side cluster does besides Fn and well... something locky.
arguably, that *does* look weird (i didn't bother to look as closely at it before :D).

but really - going for a different physical layout for ergonomics sake and then beeing picky
about a few more or less useless keys? meh...
Fn and Menu key, that's not that bad. I have the previous generation of goldtouch (Goldtouch Foreign Layout Keyboard actually), which has the Win key there as well. But yes, I'm nitpicking.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the staggered layout either, that's why goldtouch stays in the closet most of the time, and typematrix travels with me. (Which reminds me that I should finally assemble my ErgoDox... -_-)

rominronin

05 Jan 2019, 11:33

Muirium wrote: Quite right. Recommending ergo keyboards is like recommending music. You have to have some common ground. Can't really expect someone to like your picks when they've never even listened to the genre before. Everyone's different.

I stumbled upon this thread while googling the microtron - I love this quote. As someone who contemplates ergo keyboards and who loves music, this quote really resonates with me. Just saying...

Return to “Keyboards”