Post your keyboard/keycaps!

HzFaq

11 Jul 2016, 17:49

I find that it can sometimes be tricky to get switches lined up that are in positions that have more than one option (bottom row and shift keys especially), it took forever to get the right shift lined up correctly on my PCB mount GH60. Any other unevenness I've found is usually because the switch isn't fully pressed into the plate/PCB.

Great looking board though, despite the wonky N :D.

gogusrl

11 Jul 2016, 18:05

At least you're not the guy (me) that soldered plate mounted switches on a pcb. I noticed right away that they're not aligned but I kept going until I was finished then I asked around how to align them. Desoldered them the next day and replaced them with pcb mounted switches.

this is how it looked :
Spoiler:

Laser
emacs -nw

11 Jul 2016, 18:10

Soldering experience points, +10000. LEVEL UP! :)

BimboBB

11 Jul 2016, 23:22

GON Nerd60 HHKB Style
gon_nerd60_hhkb_cherry_web1.JPG
gon_nerd60_hhkb_cherry_web1.JPG (891.6 KiB) Viewed 16649 times
gon_nerd60_hhkb_cherry_web2.JPG
gon_nerd60_hhkb_cherry_web2.JPG (955.32 KiB) Viewed 16649 times

thanks to falbatech/czarek & brother for assembling. ;)

Thumper
knock knock

12 Jul 2016, 08:59

BimboBB wrote: GON Nerd60 HHKB Style
gon_nerd60_hhkb_cherry_web1.JPG
gon_nerd60_hhkb_cherry_web2.JPG

thanks to falbatech/czarek & brother for assembling. ;)

This looks great. What switches do you use on this?

Khers

12 Jul 2016, 09:18

Stabilized wrote: So I have finished yet another 60% build!

This one has a bit of a blue theme:
[img]QSrqlkk.jpg[/img]

And of course has blue backlight:
[img]OIlkTea.jpg[/img]

Here's a view of the case, I bought it from Taobao and am really happy with the quality and how it looks:
[img]VgRZa2j.jpg[/img]

Just noticed while taking the pictures that the N key is wonky, now that's going to really bother me every time I look at it :evil:
That is one pretty keyboard! Too bad the black/grey/silver ones seem to be out of stock at the moment.

BimboBB

12 Jul 2016, 10:03

Thumper wrote: This looks great. What switches do you use on this?
Thanks. Its mx red for mods and gateron browns for alpha's.

GEIST

12 Jul 2016, 12:01

cookie wrote:
GEIST wrote: This looks amazing. Do you have some more, maybe brighter, images?
Here you go: photos-f62/hhkb-pro1-after-restoration- ... estoration
Thank you. I already wondered, why you post such a nice mod and no one comments on it.

bazh

12 Jul 2016, 13:47

:D

derzemel

13 Jul 2016, 09:38

Finally found a purple blank 1u GMK Keycap (thank you HzFaq :D):

HzFaq

13 Jul 2016, 09:55

Looks great dude, nice work.

derzemel

13 Jul 2016, 10:53

HzFaq wrote: Looks great dude, nice work.
Thank you, thank you :D

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

13 Jul 2016, 11:37

You forgot the rainbow keycaps, bazh. :mrgreen:
How do you like that case?

And derzemel, nice! In my opinion it would look even better with a black spacebar and black arrows. :)
Your caps seem to have a weird texture for Cherry keycaps. Did you sandblast them or what?

Prelim

13 Jul 2016, 11:51

@ramnes, they're just new doubleshots I guess :P (btw, looks great that purble combo @derzemel ;) )

derzemel

13 Jul 2016, 13:02

ramnes wrote: And derzemel, nice! In my opinion it would look even better with a black spacebar and black arrows. :)
Your caps seem to have a weird texture for Cherry keycaps. Did you sandblast them or what?
I will take a picture with the black space and arrows too ;)
The Keycaps are a set of GMK doubleshots and are brand new (this is the first time I have used them). I got them a few months ago on ebay from a German seller that has been selling random GMK stuff from time to time (Shopon854)
Prelim wrote: @ramnes, they're just new doubleshots I guess :P (btw, looks great that purble combo @derzemel ;) )
Thank you! :D

bazh

15 Jul 2016, 08:05

ramnes wrote: You forgot the rainbow keycaps, bazh. :mrgreen:
How do you like that case?

And derzemel, nice! In my opinion it would look even better with a black spacebar and black arrows. :)
Lol I totally forgot about the rainbow keycaps, would be fancy :lol: but not sure I want to deal with POM again

The case is a bit high but nothing a palm rest couldn't solve 8-) otherwise I like it, light enough I can carry around when school time's back :mrgreen:

Khers

15 Jul 2016, 21:27

Latest addition to the stable:

Got the board off of DanT and added the case and caps. Whenever HADapter & HADditionals comes in, this will go full HHKB :)

nickheller

15 Jul 2016, 21:40

Very nice, I really like the purple plate!

Stabilized

15 Jul 2016, 22:21

Wow, love the purple accent on the build! Out of interest, what case are you using for it?

Khers

15 Jul 2016, 22:32

Thanks guys! As it happens, I like the purple as well :). I'm using a cheap plastic case off of aliexpress. This one to be precise. It's a bit hollow-sounding for my taste, but that should be easily solvable with some shelf liner or similar.

wobbled

15 Jul 2016, 23:49

Painted a mediocre Lexmark Model M today, added an industrial black badge, put on some white key caps and this is the result

Let me know what you think
20160715_224744.jpg
20160715_224744.jpg (4.2 MiB) Viewed 16321 times

Thumper
knock knock

16 Jul 2016, 11:47

Still getting used to the layout. Otherwise, a really nice board.

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Jul 2016, 13:57

Khers wrote: Latest addition to the stable:
[GREAT IMAGES]

Got the board off of DanT and added the case and caps. Whenever HADapter & HADditionals comes in, this will go full HHKB :)
Great capture, the lightning is gorgeous! I like that purple plate in between the beige caps.

Khers

16 Jul 2016, 14:59

Thanks, Madhias! Such kind words from a photography master such as yourself are really warming and made my day!

LewisR

17 Jul 2016, 09:39

Nothing to match the photography skills present here, or the cool custom builds, but here's my gaming board. I'm going to be finishing up Witcher 3 Blood & Wine and playing the new Deus Ex with this little baby. This is definitely the smoothest MX Browns board that I have.
Varmilo_V87MN.jpg
Varmilo_V87MN.jpg (435.42 KiB) Viewed 16168 times

LewisR

17 Jul 2016, 09:45

wobbled wrote: Painted a mediocre Lexmark Model M today, added an industrial black badge, put on some white key caps and this is the result

Let me know what you think
I like - I like.

Stabilized

17 Jul 2016, 12:20

LewisR wrote: Nothing to match the photography skills present here, or the cool custom builds, but here's my gaming board. I'm going to be finishing up Witcher 3 Blood & Wine and playing the new Deus Ex with this little baby. This is definitely the smoothest MX Browns board that I have.
Is that a Varmilo board? I am guessing from the almost floating key design, and the caps look like they are by Varmilo too.

scottc

17 Jul 2016, 12:28

Argh, the Witcher 3. 130 hours of my life. Still haven't finished the Blood & Wine sidequests.

xauser

17 Jul 2016, 14:11

new build, so green
nerd60green.png
nerd60green.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 16036 times

bocahgundul
Sell me 5k please

17 Jul 2016, 14:14

xauser wrote: new build, so green
nerd60green.png
This looks fkin good!

Return to “Gallery”