29 Jul 2016, 23:24

emdude wrote:
seebart wrote:
Stabilized wrote: Rocket scientist.
webwit wrote: Brain surgeon.
:maverick:

Human, I think. :lol:
I'm probably part keyboard at this point. :ugeek:
That's right, when you got those IBM 3277's the keyboard HAL in you took over. :lol:

emdude
Model M Apologist

29 Jul 2016, 23:26

If only my frail human body were built like a beam spring keyboard! :evilgeek:

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Jul 2016, 23:35

Upper management of the largest mechanical keyboard club in the Universe.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Jul 2016, 23:42

OK then I'm "grumpy mid-term DT user and occasional wiki worker who get's checked by Mr.Beardsmore randomly".

Or how about "high volume nonesense poster of mindless memes".

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Jul 2016, 23:47

^ Golden Wingnut Award Winner of the leading mechanical keyboards Awards in the Universe.

seebart

29 Jul 2016, 23:49

webwit wrote: ^ Golden Wingnut Award Winner of the leading mechanical keyboards Awards in the Universe.
:o :oops: That's true.

emdude
Model M Apologist

29 Jul 2016, 23:59

All right, I'm a student, occasional DT poster, buckler of springs, Alps dabbler, and someone out of money. :x

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jul 2016, 00:22

seebart wrote: :o :oops: That's true.
Haven't you been using that as a pick-up line? That's a babe magnet. Especially if spoken while wearing that Wingnut as an earring.

seebart

30 Jul 2016, 00:24

webwit wrote:
seebart wrote: :o :oops: That's true.
Haven't you been using that as a pick-up line? That's a babe magnet. Especially if spoken while wearing that Wingnut as an earring.
Really? I need to try that then. 8-)

snuci
Vintage computer guy

30 Jul 2016, 00:43

seebart wrote: OK then I'm "grumpy mid-term DT user and occasional wiki worker who get's checked by Mr.Beardsmore randomly"
Randomly? Ya, right. Go ahead. Spell something wrong in the wiki. I dare you ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jul 2016, 00:44

t!ng wrote: Interesting that in this society nowadays the answer to the question "Who are we?" is defined by one's profession.

Isn't it sad?

Who are you? - I'm Peter... SysAdmin.

=(
This reminds me of something I can't quite remember. Hmm, I think it was an observation in Silicon Valley by Mike Judge. Guys go to a party, and agree not to talk about business. Cut to scene where they are talking about business.

Because that's what connects them and superficially is an easy way out. A way out of talking about who they really are and what's their place in the universe.

So game on! :twisted:

Although the poll title says "What is your current occupation?" the topic title says "Who are we?".

So, who are you?

I expect spectacular silence!

seebart

30 Jul 2016, 00:52

snuci wrote:
seebart wrote: OK then I'm "grumpy mid-term DT user and occasional wiki worker who get's checked by Mr.Beardsmore randomly"
Randomly? Ya, right. Go ahead. Spell something wrong in the wiki. I dare you ;)
Yeah right, about as "random" as my edits there. In fact I shoud be thankful users like Tactica take their time to correct my funky spelling and syntax errors.
webwit wrote:
t!ng wrote: Interesting that in this society nowadays the answer to the question "Who are we?" is defined by one's profession.

Isn't it sad?

Who are you? - I'm Peter... SysAdmin.

=(
This reminds me of something I can't quite remember. Hmm, I think it was an observation in Silicon Valley by Mike Judge. Guys go to a party, and agree not to talk about business. Cut to scene where they are talking about business.

Because that's what connects them and superficially is an easy way out. A way out of talking about who they really are and what's their place in the universe.

So game on! :twisted:

Although the poll title says "What is your current occupation?" the topic title says "Who are we?".

So, who are you?

Good point. I'm glad though that my job does define most of who I am. I know people that get consumed by their work.

emdude
Model M Apologist

30 Jul 2016, 00:56

I think such a question is much too difficult for many people to answer for themselves, much less to others on a hobbyist forum! :lol:

Good points though.. It makes you wonder if the world would be a better place if people took the time to understand each other; aspirations, foibles, warts, and all! A naive thought, probably.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jul 2016, 01:09

May not cop out with generics such as Homo sapiens or carbon-based life form in the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

30 Jul 2016, 02:03

I am... your perception of me and that is what I will always be.

snuci

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jul 2016, 02:23

I'm not sure what is my perception of you.

Is it:
Vintage computer guy

or

Vintage computer guy?

Topre Enthusiast

30 Jul 2016, 02:44

My guess...

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jul 2016, 02:47

Well we got lots of students. I remember when I was a student. Broke.

Topre Enthusiast

30 Jul 2016, 02:51

I've been lucky myself. I am a high school drop-out and somehow have a decent paying job (relative to where I live) as a software tester.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

30 Jul 2016, 03:06

webwit wrote: I'm not sure what is my perception of you.

Is it:
Vintage computer guy

or

Vintage computer guy?
That also depends on your perception of "vintage" ;) My day job is senior management in a Higher Ed IT department.

Topre Enthusiast

30 Jul 2016, 03:09

I wonder who the CFO / CEO amongst us is :)

Chyros

30 Jul 2016, 03:44

Of couse, I should add that being a chemist, I'm going to be a future evil overlord aspiring world domination 8) .

derzemel

30 Jul 2016, 10:41

Chyros wrote:Of couse, I should add that being a chemist, I'm going to be a future evil overlord aspiring world domination 8) .
Walter White?

Sent from fat fingers on small screen...

Chyros

30 Jul 2016, 12:10

derzemel wrote:
Chyros wrote:Of couse, I should add that being a chemist, I'm going to be a future evil overlord aspiring world domination 8) .
Walter White?

Sent from fat fingers on small screen...
Nah man, he was small-time. Definitely not a real chemist :p .

HAL

30 Jul 2016, 14:14

webwit wrote: So, who are you?

When the lights go out and there is darkness and into the first moment of silence I am the one to scream out loud.
When the lights come back I just look puzzled like everyone else wondering who just screamed :-)

I am an atheist with a discordian tatoo.

I am father to two kids (25 and almost 3) telling them to question authority (mine as well).

I am a vintage computer guy with lots of new hardware.

I am the bestest boyfriend in the world and my girl thanks me by taking pictures of me with my baby boy that won me the wing nut. :D

And of course sometimes I hang out in washing machines.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

30 Jul 2016, 17:31

002 wrote: I wonder who the CFO / CEO amongst us is :)
You can start your own one-person company and call yourself the CEO, so it isn't that difficult.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

30 Jul 2016, 17:42

Oh you be CEO of any little crack hut?
'Round here it has to be a stock company (AG) to rightfully earn you the title CEO.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

01 Aug 2016, 16:37

Wodan wrote: Oh you be CEO of any little crack hut?
'Round here it has to be a stock company (AG) to rightfully earn you the title CEO.
Yea, I'm not sure. But when my brother has his own little one man company, he literally put CEO on his resume. It wasn an ego thing, more than anything, because there were not exactly any other officers on the board.

Return to “Off-topic”