Have you ever met someone on Deskthority in real life?

green-squid

02 Apr 2018, 08:09

Wodan wrote: Tons of people! There‘s a bi-monthly DT gang bang at my place. Some members are regulars, others are waiting for the first event featuring a real chick.
You could invite Vomeita, she is the only woman on deskthority. But she's in the UK.

green-squid

02 Apr 2018, 08:11

Chyros wrote: Met Webwit and some Dutch members that are on here occasionally :) .
Is he a duck? Of course he is, say yes ;)

kekstee

02 Apr 2018, 08:24

green-squid wrote: You could invite Vomeita, she is the only woman* on deskthority. But she's in the UK.
*) you know of
Seriously, think about what you post for once.

green-squid

02 Apr 2018, 08:28

kekstee wrote:
green-squid wrote: You could invite Vomeita, she is the only woman* on deskthority. But she's in the UK.
*) you know of
That's what someone said to me, but as in 'confirmed woman'. :o

I usually think about what I post, and that's what I knew!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Apr 2018, 08:48

kekstee wrote:
*) you know of
Agreed.
elecplus-u6391/

green-squid

02 Apr 2018, 08:55

kbdfr wrote:
kekstee wrote:
*) you know of
Agreed.
elecplus-u6391/
Sorry guys! Daniel breadsmore told me that once. :?

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Apr 2018, 13:00

I'm surprised that I forgot about Cindy, as she's far from forgettable …

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

02 Apr 2018, 13:17

I was on the first german meetup two years ago and met a lot of people, wodan, 7bit and co.

green-squid

02 Apr 2018, 14:27

hypkx wrote: I was on the first german meetup two years ago and met a lot of people, wodan, 7bit and co.
Were they cool? :) Was 7bot there as well? :mrgreen:

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Apr 2018, 16:32

I went to MrInterface's Desktority Parties in 2012 and 2013 and the big Paris Meetup #2 in 2016 (mostly reddit people). All great fun!

The massive DT Party 2012. There are two DT founders in the picture and also 7bit.

green-squid

02 Apr 2018, 16:40

My guess is that you are the duck behind the camera :)

elecplus

02 Apr 2018, 19:23

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: I'm surprised that I forgot about Cindy, as she's far from forgettable …
I am not sure that is a compliment :lol:
Jam is also here from time to time, but not so active lately.
There is also Mre XMIT, but I don't think she has been active lately, with a brand new baby to take care of.

davkol

02 Apr 2018, 22:14

I've met a couple of people who lurk on the forums (DT, GH), but never post anything (which is a pity btw, the first one, for example, built a custom ergonomic keyboard w/ Alps switches from scratch long before it was cool).

I've also made a few people get an ErgoDox. :evilgeek: Not sure if they joined the community afterwards though.

JP!

17 May 2018, 16:15

I've met Orihalcon and a couple others here. Also went to a couple meetups this year and met various people from Reddit and GH. I'll be going to KeyCon 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA so I'm sure I'll meet others from here.

vometia
irritant

17 Jun 2018, 04:25

green-squid wrote: You could invite Vomeita, she is the only woman on deskthority. But she's in the UK.
I was about to say that there's others but in the couple of months it took me to reply I've been beaten to it. :D Besides which, I'm an old fart and quite difficult to coax out of my lair.

Haven't met anyone from here but I have been meeting various people I first knew online since my college years: so over 30 years since my first encounter (and my second encounter was an early reminder that online people are real: I was a horrid teenager). It's usually fun, and contrary to what some people think, most are pretty much exactly as you'd expect. Also met my other half online nearly 20 years ago. To think I almost didn't reply to that random email!

Edit: also time for a new and more unflattering avatar of me pulling a face because my picture is being taken.

Return to “Off-topic”