IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Mr.Nobody

20 Apr 2018, 08:42

@ seebart,here are the photos you requested. I haven't taken it, since, it's not reached my BUD criteria, ie., Beautiful Useable and Durable.
MS1.png
MS1.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 7433 times
MS2.png
MS2.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 7433 times
MS3.png
MS3.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 7433 times
MS4.png
MS4.png (594.51 KiB) Viewed 7433 times

Mr.Nobody

20 Apr 2018, 08:53

Blaise170 wrote: Saw this on TV at the gym, anyone know what that cool LED pad is on the left?

Here is the answer, and if my memory serves me right, there are some on Taobao with reasonable prices.
keyboards-f2/identify-this-keyboard-thr ... ml#p363989

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Apr 2018, 11:24

Mr.Nobody wrote: @ seebart,here are the photos you requested. I haven't taken it, since, it's not reached my BUD criteria, ie., Beautiful Useable and Durable.
Very nice. Interesting that the label reads "Yamatake-Honeywell", aparently they had an Asian partner that we did not know about. We will have to update the wiki. Did you buy it?

Mr.Nobody

20 Apr 2018, 12:09

seebart wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @ seebart,here are the photos you requested. I haven't taken it, since, it's not reached my BUD criteria, ie., Beautiful Useable and Durable.
Very nice. Interesting that the label reads "Yamatake-Honeywell", aparently they had an Asian partner that we did not know about. We will have to update the wiki. Did you buy it?
No,not my cup of tea, the photos are all from the original seller.

seebart

20 Apr 2018, 12:11

Mr.Nobody wrote:
seebart wrote:
No,not my cup of tea, the photos are all from the original seller.
OK I see. Still quite interesting. What's his price?

Mr.Nobody

20 Apr 2018, 12:27

Around $40, but the thing weighs more than 3 kgs according to the seller.

seebart

20 Apr 2018, 12:29

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Around $40, but the thing weighs more than 3 kgs according to the seller.
Yeah, those oldies are heavy. Oh well... :)

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Apr 2018, 15:02

chzel wrote: Yes, this is definitely the LPFK!
Looks like they are membrane switches, pretty interesting. :geek:

ScottPaladin

20 Apr 2018, 16:02

This Maxi-switch weirdo was relisted so I got the seller to snag a photo under a keycap.

Maxi-Switch is outside my wheelhouse. These don't look like discrete switch modules but I can't really tell anything else. Anybody able to ID them?

seebart

20 Apr 2018, 16:04

ScottPaladin wrote: This weirdo was relisted so I got the seller to snag a photo under a keycap.

Maxi-Switch is outside my wheelhouse. These don't look like discrete switch modules but I can't really tell anything else. Anybody able to ID them?
Nope, Daniel Beardsmore needs to have a look at that.

snufflecat

23 Apr 2018, 09:27

Hi guys, I need your skillful eyes once again. Obviously it's an IBM, but what model exactly?
_1269541962.jpg
_1269541962.jpg (683.1 KiB) Viewed 7287 times

Chyros

23 Apr 2018, 09:54

Some Scandinavian 2nd gen Model M, it would appear.

snufflecat

23 Apr 2018, 10:15

Chyros wrote: Some Scandinavian 2nd gen Model M, it would appear.
Awesome. I was actually just watching your "Ultimate Model M" video to see if I could identify it myself. :) I got it for roughly $60, so it's a good Monday indeed!

mol

23 Apr 2018, 20:53

nvm not Swedish, it is Norwegian or Danish
Last edited by mol on 23 Apr 2018, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Noobmaen

23 Apr 2018, 21:04

ScottPaladin wrote: This Maxi-switch weirdo was relisted so I got the seller to snag a photo under a keycap.
Spoiler:
Maxi Switch magnetic reed. I thought about buying this keyboard myself and doing a controller replacement, but the layout is just too strange to actually be usable.
Edit: See here for more info
Last edited by Noobmaen on 23 Apr 2018, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

green-squid

23 Apr 2018, 21:05

snufflecat wrote:
Awesome. I was actually just watching your "Ultimate Model M" video to see if I could identify it myself. :) I got it for roughly $60, so it's a good Monday indeed!
Yo! Great find. Model Ms are great! I hope you grabbed that Dell monitor too, old CRT monitors are awesome. :)

ScottPaladin

23 Apr 2018, 21:08

Noobmaen wrote: Maxi Switch magnetic reed. I thought about buying this keyboard myself and doing a controller replacement, but the layout is just too strange to actually be usable.
Edit: See here for more info
Thanks! I knew somebody would know.

snufflecat

24 Apr 2018, 09:35

green-squid wrote:
snufflecat wrote:
Yo! Great find. Model Ms are great! I hope you grabbed that Dell monitor too, old CRT monitors are awesome. :)
Thanks! I'm super excited. :) If I had the space and/or a girlfriend who shares my interest in vintage keyboards and computing, believe me I would grab the CRT! But this time I was more than happy with just the board, I've been checking the "Norwegian Craigslist" more or less daily for the last year in hopes of finding one. You've got to be really quick as the Norwegian market is really small and the good deals get scooped up more or less immediately.

davkol

28 Apr 2018, 13:33

Someone on Reddit has found something supposedly called Fentek KBMMACUSB with "Cherry blacks circa 2006-2007".

Do we know more about it?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

28 Apr 2018, 14:39

It's Strong Man OEM, the same company that produced a bunch of different boards for Elsa, Filco/Diatek, Pioneer, and others. SMK (not to be confused with SMK Corp) usually made low cost mechanical keyboards. The one above looks nearly identical to the Filco FKB-91JU that I just recently sold.

derpthority

29 Apr 2018, 19:13

What keyboard and switch are these? Keys feel linear and make a fair amount of noise when they bottom out.
Attachments
IMG_20180429_111705735_LL.jpg
IMG_20180429_111705735_LL.jpg (241.95 KiB) Viewed 7077 times
IMG_20180429_120739917_LL.jpg
IMG_20180429_120739917_LL.jpg (195.31 KiB) Viewed 7077 times

Myoth

29 Apr 2018, 19:14

Fujitsu Leaf Spring

Dingster

29 Apr 2018, 19:14

derpthority wrote: What keyboard and switch are these? Keys feel linear and make a fair amount of noise when they bottom out.
Looks like 3rd gen Fujitsu leaf spring (wiki/Fujitsu_Leaf_Spring)

Brett MacK

29 Apr 2018, 19:15

They look like Fujitsu 3rd gen leafsprings! A very nice linear switch, lucky!

wiki/Fujitsu_Leaf_Spring

derpthority

29 Apr 2018, 19:27

Thank you guys, that's definitely my switch. Definitely one of the softest switches I've ever tried.

Dingster

29 Apr 2018, 19:30

derpthority wrote: Thank you guys, that's definitely my switch. Definitely one of the softest switches I've ever tried.
Yea leaf spring is like the dream switch, since linears are, as we all know, the best :D

seebart

29 Apr 2018, 19:36

Dingster wrote:
derpthority wrote: Thank you guys, that's definitely my switch. Definitely one of the softest switches I've ever tried.
Yea leaf spring is like the dream switch, since linears are, as we all know, the best :D
Preference really. LS 3rd gen is the smoothest though. Almost like typing on air.

rich1051414

30 Apr 2018, 09:24

I've used some really smooth linear switches, yet the only one I really like using is a 'linear' that has more tactility than a romer-g switch(SKCC Green).

I find them absolutely boring and negatively effect my typing confidence unless I bottom them out, which defeats the entire purpose in the first place.

So yeah, preference.

Morron

01 May 2018, 15:11

Sorry to bother you guys, but anyone have any idea of what this keyboard might be? I have asked seller for pictures under the caps. :?
Zitech keyboard.png
Zitech keyboard.png (216.35 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
EDIT: Should be the SK 720H but I can't find any information on it.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

01 May 2018, 15:30

Rubber dome. Silitek SK-720.

Return to “Keyboards”