Over extended orange alps click leaf

keimura

12 Aug 2018, 02:50

Does anyone have a profile shot of an orange alps click leaf? I want to compare it to mine.

I bought an apple m0116 with orange switches and, after finding dead things inside it I decided to clean it up. This was my first time cleaning an alps board. So obviously when I opened up the switches I decided to try to add some tactility (what was I thinking..) and stretched (not sure if that's the right world..) the click leaf to a larger angle. It was definitely more tactile but now it feels weird...I want to push it back to it's original angle but I don't remember what it's supposed to be. I'm sorry for the long text, and thank you in advance! :D

edit:
I rewatched chyrosan's alps cleaning video and found some tips on the angle for the click leaf (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mhmb2kBuwQ). The section I used starts around 6:30. I've added a before and after picture of my click leafs below. The one on the left is my overextended one the one on the right is my attempted fix.
Last edited by keimura on 15 Aug 2018, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

keimura

12 Aug 2018, 07:47

nvm I rewatched an alps cleaning vid and found my answer.

Icarium

12 Aug 2018, 10:30

Would still be cool if you could post it here and maybe link the vid for others to find! :)

Return to “Keyboards”