Wireless Mechanical Keyboard at $31.99-104 key wireless keyboard added

John08099

12 Sep 2018, 09:37

Hey,
This is John from Velocifire. Currently we have a 20% off discount code for our TKL wireless keyboard TKL01
It's Amazon's choice for "wirless mechanical keyboard"

Code for velocifiretech.com and Amazon:E9HEO4XR
Down from $39.99 to $31.99, Valid till Sep 23.

Link: http://www.velocifiretech.com/product/v ... -wireless/

Specifications:
Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
Switches: Outemu Brown Switch
Keycaps: ABS double-shot
Connector Type: USB 2.0 (Wireless 2.4 GHz) USB 2.0(Wireless 2.4 GHz)
Rollover: 87-key
Battery Type/Size: Build-in Lithium Battery/200 mAh
Wireless Range: 26 feet/8 meters
Backlit: N/A
Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/ 7/8/10/ LINUX
Warranty: 1 year
Cable Length: 50 cm
Product Weight 2.7 pounds
Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 7.7 x 1 in

EDIT: WE GOT A 104 key wireless mech board on Dealnews, cutting $49.99 to $39.99 with Coupon code "N9QRRARA" at

https://www.dealnews.com/Velocifire-Wir ... 75673.html

A little bit about us:

1. We make entry-level mech boards for work and study, coz we think mech board are much better than membrane boards. Even we are not gaming, we should have one. But many membrane keyboard users may find mech boards over $100 is way too expensive when they just spent $15 on a membrane one. So we take away RGB,and make simple ones with relatively quiet switch. If you search velocifire VM01 on youtube, you can see many video about it back in 2016, saying it's the 1st mech board at $35 or so.

2. We further made this TKL01 wireless for work. Although it has no backlit, it's still really a good choice with such discount.

3. Our team have been using every of our keyboards, and love the products a lot ourselves. We hope it will be a best choice before anyone would love to spend over $100 on a really high end one, with RGB, or more features.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Last edited by John08099 on 19 Sep 2018, 03:44, edited 9 times in total.

Muirium
µ

12 Sep 2018, 10:50

Got pics?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Sep 2018, 11:10

What makes your product different than the usual Chinese garbage from Taobao?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Sep 2018, 11:26

Why didn't you post your ad in the correct "Vendors" section?

John08099

12 Sep 2018, 11:38

Muirium wrote: Got pics?
Updated!

John08099

12 Sep 2018, 11:39

kbdfr wrote: Why didn't you post your ad in the correct "Vendors" section?
Sorry, will do!

John08099

12 Sep 2018, 11:41

Blaise170 wrote: What makes your product different than the usual Chinese garbage from Taobao?
It's tested and love by our existing users. We are the 1st to provide wireless keyboard at this price point. BTW, Taobao is a GOOD PLACE!

Muirium
µ

12 Sep 2018, 11:54

Well, you’re right that we users truly are unpaid testers these days. Just look at the box switch debacle.

keyboards-f2/do-box-switches-stretch-pb ... 19509.html

Findecanor

12 Sep 2018, 12:26

I think a wireless keyboard these days needs to support Bluetooth.
The uses cases for when the device that needs a wireless keyboard has a free USB port for a dongle are getting fewer and fewer.

Myoth

12 Sep 2018, 13:22

Blaise170 wrote: What makes your product different than the usual Chinese garbage from Taobao?
why the condescending tone ?

scottc

12 Sep 2018, 14:35

Honestly, even with clone switches this seems like a great deal at 32 USD. I'd use this for my media center. Do you have any plans to release this in Europe directly?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

12 Sep 2018, 17:18

Myoth wrote: why the condescending tone ?
If you are going to advertise your product (in the wrong section) then I want to know what's special enough about it for me to actually consider purchasing it.

John08099

13 Sep 2018, 08:20

scottc wrote: Honestly, even with clone switches this seems like a great deal at 32 USD. I'd use this for my media center. Do you have any plans to release this in Europe directly?
Hi, not this one. But we have a Vellocifire TKL02 WS, price at $41.99 can do if you purchase from our website :)
This is has backlit and larger battery. You can have a look at http://www.velocifiretech.com/product/v ... -wireless/

Muirium
µ

13 Sep 2018, 09:37

Wait a minute here. Let me see. You know, I really can’t, ah, I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe on account of my never taking that mathematics degree my teacher always said I should. Maybe she was kidding. Comparisons, right?, between intangible things like numbers, like between x and y, ah!, but it never really spoke to me. See, I always wondered how we ever landed on a fraction. Just plain don’t make a lick of sense.

But all that said, I’m fairly certain 42 > 32. By 10 dollars or 30%+ for the masters of math among us. For a backlight our friend Scott don’t strike me as likely to even want.

John08099

13 Sep 2018, 10:09

Muirium wrote: Wait a minute here. Let me see. You know, I really can’t, ah, I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe on account of my never taking that mathematics degree my teacher always said I should. Maybe she was kidding. Comparisons, right?, between intangible things like numbers, like between x and y, ah!, but it never really spoke to me. See, I always wondered how we ever landed on a fraction. Just plain don’t make a lick of sense.

But all that said, I’m fairly certain 42 > 32. By 10 dollars or 30%+ for the masters of math among us. For a backlight our friend Scott don’t strike me as likely to even want.
lol, so I think the TKL01 is really a great deal. Just limited for days.

consolation

13 Sep 2018, 15:15

The Illustration for TKL02 shows doubleshot caps, is that correct?

PS. What's with everyone acting like a douchebag in this thread? C'mon, it's bit ott and cringey.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Sep 2018, 15:41

I fail to see where anyone is being a douchebag in this thread (and I know that people think I'm being mean, but really, I'm not). If you release a product from a brand that no one has heard of, then you better be prepared to tell us why we should own it. I'm not going to buy every no-name keyboard on the market just because someone's feelings might get hurt when no one makes a purchase.

Muirium
µ

13 Sep 2018, 16:05

Yup. What good would yet another “w00t! Product!” thread on the internet be? The ad was as lazy as they come. A little friendly pushback is par for the course.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Sep 2018, 18:38

This sounds familiar - anyone else remember PMKFTW?

review-f45/new-blog-review-of-the-mater ... 10424.html

John08099

14 Sep 2018, 04:26

consolation wrote: The Illustration for TKL02 shows doubleshot caps, is that correct?

PS. What's with everyone acting like a douchebag in this thread? C'mon, it's bit ott and cringey.
Yes, you are right. TKL02 has doubleshot caps.
Thanks for your kind words, I will try my best to answer every question here.

John08099

14 Sep 2018, 04:38

Blaise170 wrote: I fail to see where anyone is being a douchebag in this thread (and I know that people think I'm being mean, but really, I'm not). If you release a product from a brand that no one has heard of, then you better be prepared to tell us why we should own it. I'm not going to buy every no-name keyboard on the market just because someone's feelings might get hurt when no one makes a purchase.
Thank you for reminding. Here are some more about Velocifire:
1. We make entry-level mech boards for work and study, coz we think mech board are much better than membrane boards. Even we are not gaming, we should have one. But many membrane keyboard users may find mech boards over $100+ is way to expensive when they just spent $15 on a membrane one. So we take away RGB,and make simple ones with relatively quiet switch. If you search velocifire VM01 on youtube, you can see many video about it back in 2016, saying it's the 1st mech board at $35 or so.

2. We further made this TKL01 wireless for work. Although it has no backlit, it's still really a good choice with such discount. We have an upgraded TKL02 Wireless because we got so many messages from our users.

3. Our team have been using every of our keyboards, and love the products a lot ourselves. We hope it will be a best choice before anyone would love to spend over $100 on a really high end one, with RGB, or more features.

Hope these can give you a better idea about us. And thank you for stopping by this thread!

John08099

14 Sep 2018, 04:42

Findecanor wrote: I think a wireless keyboard these days needs to support Bluetooth.
The uses cases for when the device that needs a wireless keyboard has a free USB port for a dongle are getting fewer and fewer.
Hi, sorry for missing your questions. We tested so many BT solutions but none of them are as stable as USB one. We finally decided to use this.

Muirium
µ

14 Sep 2018, 13:31

Fin’s right. Stability is your problem, not ours. Bluetooth is essential.

John08099

14 Sep 2018, 15:19

Muirium wrote: Fin’s right. Stability is your problem, not ours. Bluetooth is essential.
Can you give me any example of stable BT wireless KB you know or used? I will sure to update this to our product team to consider next model. Thank you!

Muirium
µ

14 Sep 2018, 15:27

Apple’s Bluetooth keyboards have been solid ever since the first one, 13 years ago. I have used several models myself with zero problems during years of use. No one complains about the Filco Minila Air. The PFU HHKB-BT has a similarly solid reputation. And my own HHKB has a custom controller which is 100% solid.

I bet there is unreliable shit out there too. Your job is to avoid that. Bluetooth itself is a rock solid technology. It can be done right and every serious manufacturer gets it right.
Last edited by Muirium on 14 Sep 2018, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

John08099

14 Sep 2018, 15:31

Muirium wrote: Apple’s Bluetooth keyboards have been solid ever since the first one, over 10 years ago. I have used several models myself with zero problems during years of use. No one complains about the Filco Minila Air or Majestouch Air. The HHKB-BT has a similarly solid reputation. And my own HHKB has a custom controller which is 100% solid.

I bet there is unreliable shit out there too. Your job is to avoid that. Bluetooth itself is a rock solid technology. It can be done right and every serious manufacturer gets it right.
I see,very valuable info. I am not sure whether it's the price's problem when they consider the BT solution. But your info is definitely very useful for us. Thank you for helping us! We hope we will also have such upgrade when staying more or less the same price.

Muirium
µ

14 Sep 2018, 15:35

Yes, I appreciate how *cost* is the key in your perspective. But Bluetooth is not expensive. It’s completely mainstream now thanks to phones and tablets as well as laptop computers all supporting it for many years. Everyone expects it. Wireless dongles are obsolete.

abrahamstechnology

14 Sep 2018, 16:51

I'd get one but I don't use Amazon.

wobbled

14 Sep 2018, 20:05

or £119 in the UK

Why does the world hate us :(

scottc

14 Sep 2018, 21:32

To be fair, if they are going for an *entry-level* wireless mechanical keyboard, then yes - cost is the key. Saving $3 or $5 on a $32 keyboard is still a sizeable chunk of the overall cost. They explicitly say in the OP that they're competing with $15 membrane keyboards; in that context maybe their tradeoff makes sense.

Return to “Vendors”