The 14.5u Alps custom.
Pre-launch IC now live!
In Summer 2018, I fell in love with the Apple M0116 keyboards and layout. I explored the options available to make a modern, sleek keyboard using the gorgeous keycaps and Alps switches. There was nothing readily available, unlike for the AEKII. After quickly realising that a regular 60% case for the Alps64 wasn't going to cut it, the ASK55 was born.
Over the last year, I've worked hard and spent a lot of time with some great people. I went away and developed 9 x 14.5u plates for the M0116, M0118, M0330, Mac Portable, IIc (and IIc with additional bottom row 1u key), IIc Plus and both NeXT non-ADB layouts with help from generous community members who loaned me the keysets for testing against.
The case has gone through numerous revisions but we're finally at a point where we're happy with our product. Thus, a year on, we're looking to see if there's enough hype to make it possible!
Facts and Specifications:
- 9 classic 14.5u Apple layouts supported
- A three-piece, case mount construction
- A 'swoop' top to support the M0116, M0118, M0330 and Mac Portable
- A 'flat' top to support the NeXT AAE, NeXT ABP, both IIc plates and the IIc Plus
- A common bottom which supports all layouts
- Available in frosted polycarbonate and 6063 aluminium
- 14.5u Alps PCB
- QMK-compatible, USB-C connectivity
- One PCB which supports all 8 layouts
- RGB underglow
- Dedicated plates
- A dedicated plate for each layout
- Available in brushed brass and brushed stainless steel
Current Latest (02/01/2020):
Prototype photos can be found at https://paradigm.parts/projects/ask55. Do you guys know how damn hard it is to take somewhat respectable pictures in the dark?!
Our final interest check is also live. Please register your interest!
News and Links:
RENDERS CREDIT: kingk22
FAQ/LATEST UPDATE: https://paradigm.parts/articles/ask55-faq