Mystery KeyTronic 65-0375-11 Keyboard. What Machine is it for?

MightyFrame

24 Nov 2020, 08:30

I made this video specifically for everyone here. Does anyone have any insight into what machine(s) this could be for?

https://youtu.be/0Os420mBGtI

Best all,
AJ

mr_a500

24 Nov 2020, 12:26

That's from some version of the Incoterm SPD.

MightyFrame

24 Nov 2020, 22:28

Thank you mr_a500 , I think you're absolutely correct, thank you so much for identifying this. I've updated the video to reflect your results!

Best,
AJ
mr_a500 wrote:

Rayndalf

25 Nov 2020, 00:38

mr_a500 wrote:
So 3 toggle switches and a bank of lights above the keyboard (which light up depending on what keys are pressed)? That's really cool. I'd love to have a board with lights that did that (I'm sure QMK supports something like that, I just need to read the manual and have a board with some blinkenlights).

Any idea what the light pattern represents? Is it like a buffer or actually a representation of the keys pressed?

mr_a500

25 Nov 2020, 08:11

I remembered this terminal from when I identified it in a 1975 Hawaii Five-O episode. ("Computer Killer")
Incoterm terminal Hawaii Five-0.png
Notice how every photo of an Incoterm terminal seems to have different keycap colours (left and right of the central block). I don't think I've seen two different pictures with matching layout and colours. Maybe it was always customized when ordered.
Rayndalf wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 00:38
Any idea what the light pattern represents? Is it like a buffer or actually a representation of the keys pressed?
I have no idea. I'm sure there's a PDF manual out there that will explain. I do know you can program the lights, based on this bit from a sales PDF:
Incoterm 1972.png
Incoterm tomorrow.jpg
...and tomorrow's tomorrow's tomorrow ...and tomorrow's tomorrow's tomorrow's tomorrow ...and...

That looks like an uncomfortable typing position. And where's the outlet to plug that damn thing in?

Return to “Keyboards”