G80-8929 LG Multi Board

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Mar 2011, 11:10

Always wanted one of these. Finally got one. Can you guess why?

Thats right. Because of this hilariously stupid spacebar. I mean ever seen a spacebar that actually says space on it? How awesome is that.

Other than that I guess its also a pretty good board. Fully programmable(?), Browns, N-Key rollover.

woody
Count Troller

05 Mar 2011, 12:15

What's with the UP arrow and Home?

keyboardlover

05 Mar 2011, 14:28

That's a Big Ass enter key!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Mar 2011, 14:50

keyboardlover wrote:That's a Big Ass enter key!
Yep. And that is so rare for Cherry Corp, that they did not even bother to make up a special stabilizer for it. Just dumped two switches in there, and there they go.

Taeyoung

07 Mar 2011, 17:06

Sixty, just out of interest, do you speak Korean?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Mar 2011, 19:03

Taeyoung wrote:Sixty, just out of interest, do you speak Korean?
I wish! I can read some Hangul by now, but my actual language knowledge is still pretty slim.

celery

07 Mar 2011, 22:31

Man, I'd like to have a keyboard with blank keys, except for a spacebar with "SPACE" on it.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Mar 2011, 23:48

Sadly I have no blank white keys, else I'd do that!

laden3

07 Mar 2011, 23:56

That "space" on the spacebar is actually very cool.

joeqj

08 Mar 2011, 01:02

I want one of these so badly now. :D

How much did you get it for?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Mar 2011, 01:04

I got it in a trade. They are rather common in Korea, since apparently they were used in one of the biggest banks or something, and then phased out a few years ago.

Taeyoung

08 Mar 2011, 01:48

sixty wrote:
Taeyoung wrote:Sixty, just out of interest, do you speak Korean?
I wish! I can read some Hangul by now, but my actual language knowledge is still pretty slim.
Maybe I can help you, if you want to know the exact meaning of words or sentences in Korean. ;)

keyb_gr

12 Mar 2011, 20:45

sixty wrote:
keyboardlover wrote:That's a Big Ass enter key!
Yep. And that is so rare for Cherry Corp, that they did not even bother to make up a special stabilizer for it. Just dumped two switches in there, and there they go.

In fact, I'd say that's a regular ISO layout PCB...

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Mar 2011, 00:56

You are right. Besides the special keys on the space row. Makes you wonder why they bothered to change those there and not the enter key?!

IanM

13 Mar 2011, 01:02

I can't see the photos on this thread? it just says Image repeatedly. Is the image hosting service down? or should I be looking for something wrong with my settings? I already tried disabling add-ons in Firefox (ubuntu 10.10)

EDIT: just tried Chrome, blank image frames instead of the word Image

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Mar 2011, 01:05

IanM wrote:I can't see the photos on this thread? it just says Image repeatedly. Is the image hosting service down? or should I be looking for something wrong with my settings? I already tried disabling add-ons in Firefox (ubuntu 10.10)

EDIT: just tried Chrome, blank image frames instead of the word Image
Odd, shouldn't be. Its just hosted on imgur. Try my album directly?

http://sixty.imgur.com/g808929lpbko#0DocI

IanM

13 Mar 2011, 01:32

now I'm really stumped. I can't see any images on imgur, except the adverts. I started thinking maybe this is some kind of Linux specific issue e.g. imgur are using Silverlight, but I read their FAQ and they have a Linux uploader, so the site is presumably Linux friendly?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Mar 2011, 01:38

Yes, its actally a very nerdy image host. Works fine on linux here. Maybe just some tier routing issues right now.

IanM

13 Mar 2011, 01:42

will give it some time then and see if it fixes itself...

EDIT: tried rebooting my router earlier, I can see the pictures now so I guess this was a routing issue. Thanks.

Myoth

01 Aug 2017, 02:18

@sixty, again it's me, but since you made so many interesting posts about keyboards that didn't got added to the wiki I must do them ! so do you mind if I make a wiki page about this keyboard ? (using these pictures)

Return to “Gallery”